Reviews for The Long Night
Jade chapter 1 . 9/22/2013
Beautifully written story. You nicely explained why Gwen would decide to care for Uther.
Rachelle Lo chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
An insightful study into Gwen's forgiveness. Well done.
Jadziwine chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
another wonderfully written fic!
Baje Barra chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Oh my god...that was lovely. I've read your story "Kin" a thousand times, and I don't know how I missed one that you'd written about Gwen and Uther. Those scenes with her taking care of him are some of my favorites in the fourth season.
You captured something I've always thought about Gwen-that she's the toughest of them all, and I wish I wish I wish that the show awarded her the attention of that strength, because Angel Coulby could pull it off. God...I never thought about her giving away Tom's best sword as a possible reason he made that deal with the sorcerer who got him killed...that made my heart stop a bit, so horrible. Thank you for writing that. All of this, actually. You carry out the weight that these characters deserve, beautifully so. The scenes with Merlin and Gwaine, also, those were striking and perfect. And the beginning with Elyan, also, he's always interested me a great deal.
Again, thank you so much. This was perfect.
hillevi chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Absolutely lovely, and sad, I really dont like Gwen, not at all, I think of her as a gold digger, a cold and false person. But your story makes her a truly tragic person. Sometimes forgivnes can go to far, like this, forgiving the one who killed her father (for Arthurs sake) unable to forgive Morgana, who loved her (for Arthurs sake.) Howe far can she go? Forgiving someone killing her child?
thegoldenmuse chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
I thought this story was both poignant, original and well written. I really enjoyed it. Thank you for exploring Gwen's feelings about caring for Uther. You brought a fresh viewpoint, well nuanced to what could have been a predictable plot. Well done. Could you write one about Gwen's feelings for Arthur? I think there's alot which could be said about her emotional journey to where their relationship is now. Especially with the death of Lancelot. I think you would do a brilliant job. Just a wish.
BagginsPotterPevensie chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
Wowzers...this was utterly brilliant! I loved every word, it was so detailed and rich, something you don't get often that's done well enough to please.

I think you had Gwen, Elyan and and Merlin bang on whilst exploring their complex characters, and it was really enjoyable. Thanks for sharing!
strawberry shortcake chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
Arthur must be good to Gwen because what she is doing for his father no other woman would have done it especially if the father of the man a woman loves murdered her own father and branded him as a traitor and sorcerer's accomplice. A father who died tainted with a bad reputation! Gwen is not expected to show anything towards Uther as the tyrant himself is the reason she lost her own father. It shocked me she didn't sided with Morgana!
WhoNewbie chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
This was very nice. I enjoy character studies and think you were spot on in capturing Guinevere's voice and personality. Thanks for sharing.