Reviews for Fear Itself
lazybum89 chapter 3 . 3/21
Great story! Loved it!
Obscured Angel chapter 3 . 3/9
Thanks for writing and posting
yay chapter 3 . 7/2/2013
This is really cool. The idea is lovely, the characters are in character, the grammar and spelling make it easilybreadable, and the execution is such that it's something one wants to read.
CosmicEssence chapter 3 . 5/5/2013
definitely a bit scary that first chapter, then after that not scary just heart-pumping suspense. Loved the interaction and back and forth of Lock and John, especially after John cut him off and well Sherlock was rather annoyed about that, and then when they finally meet up...giving him his coat?! :D
The lack of working mobile connections, switched off cameras, black car, the laser sight switching off (just the way you said it suggested it wasnt a real one you know) and just general shutdown of things all smacked of government controls...i.e. Mycroft. I think thats probably why after the 1st chapter I knew this was one of Mycroft's tests and so John wasnt in any real danger .
Still though it was very good. Cheers (:
steepedinwords chapter 3 . 2/25/2013
wow. this is brilliant - tense and well-paced and the humour just where it's needed to break the tension. also you've got Sherlock and John's friendship down just the way I like it. John's more like Sherlock's brother than Mycroft will ever be.
Phosphorescent chapter 3 . 1/30/2013
Suspenseful, well-written, and in character.
ladybug114 chapter 3 . 1/7/2013
oh my GOSH how are so stinkin AMAZING? seriously. you rock. and I love this. it was SO FANTASTIC!
Katelyn Isilhin chapter 3 . 1/4/2013
OOhhhhh my gosh! I enjoyed the bit about John looking like a hobbit waaaaaaayyy too much! :p oh, and a reference to the adventure of the cardboard box... Love it! Oh my, a laser pointer. Meeeaaannn. :) that ending was something brilliant. This rocks.
Katelyn Isilhin chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
I am SO creeped out right now. This is AWESOME.
Heather Snow chapter 3 . 11/30/2012
This is absolutely outstanding. It is one of the most captivating, enthralling, riveting pieces of fanfiction that I have read in any genre . I often go back and reread favorite fics, but I can't really recall going back for a second read immediately after the first. I did this time. Very, very well done.
keepcalm chapter 3 . 11/2/2012
Fantastic story! Loved the ending, both of them scared. Well thought out.
Grumpy Old Snake chapter 3 . 9/18/2012
I can admit that I already had vague suspicions of Mycroft by the end of the first chapter, but your execution of this whole thing absolutely wonderful. :D Truly a grueling read, I was on the edge of my seat the whole way... (Kudos on Mycroft's motivation, too. I might have suspected him, but all I could think of for a motive was 'maybe he gets Sherlock-bored, too. Not very in character, and besides, he wouldn't be the type to chase after John himself and he wouldn't have been able to watch with the CCTV cameras off... xD)
MissAleatory chapter 3 . 9/18/2012
Shoot, should have gotten the clue from the title, darn it! I totally missed it. I would kill Mycroft a million times over for doing that. seriously.
Sherley Holmes chapter 3 . 9/10/2012
A friend of mine sent me this ("If you haven't read this one, then you're seriously missing out."), and it was absolutely fantastic! I love how well you wrote both of them, the way they communicate silently. I laughed out loud at the Hobbit-playing-dress-up and all the other parts where John said things he didn't mean to :D
f-lero chapter 3 . 9/5/2012
...I should not be reading fics like this at 4am, when I'm tired an overly-emotional already.

But. I loved this so, so much. Incredibly creepy, I was shaking terribly and about to cry throughout the whole story, and actually did cry at the end, first because of the relief over everything ending up fine, or, well, as fine as it can be, with Moriarty and all, and then at Sherlock telling John wasn't the only one scared and I just, I just really really love the bond between them and I think you captured it oerfectly, both earlier throughout their phone conversation and running into each other and Sherlock's comforting, and the ending.

Actually, I think I went slightly into hysterics at some points, too, like half-sobbing over the whole creepyness and half-giggling over some witty lines and stuff, haha. Aka you got me very emotional aka this was really well-written.

Definitely one of the best fics I have ever read, easily. Brilliant job.

Now excuse me while I follow and favourite author and go dry my eyes and find more kidnapped!John fanfiction because reasons, um.