Reviews for Wally's Justice
theblonde2243 chapter 24 . 8/21
Oh my god. I DEVOURED this story. It's one of the few stories on this site that I've actually felt as if I was a character. I don't know if it's because literally all of the emotions you give Wally are so human that you forget he's a superhero (yes there were times I forgot that but was thrown back into reality) or because it's stuff that is so relatable on so many levels it was almost difficult to read. Families are torn apart by drug addiction everyday. Friends keep secrets from their friends everyday (Wally and Robin) and people can get to that point in any situation where they just loose hope, which though Wally always tried to find a solution (sending his father to rehab, thinking there's a cure with queen bee etc) he knows deep down there is no solution to the situation that he is in. EVERYONE has felt that. Maybe not on a level this big but still. It's been a while since I've had so much emotion reading a fanfic. and even long that I stuck with a story more then 10 chapters long. Please keep up the amazing work. I love your writing style and your potrayal of the characters. Because you seem to bring the humanity out of them all even if there seems like there is none at all to show.
bibliophile030 chapter 24 . 8/17
I think it was pretty good actually. I think you have really captured the character development of Wally in this story.
Ally Marton chapter 24 . 8/12
:D You are on a role with these updates! So happy!

So, I get where you're coming from in worrying that what you've added is more cheesy than dramatic, but I think overall you still held it in dramatic realism. It still made my eyes tear up in genuine emotion, not making me dead pan in disgust. Its refreshing to see you keep everyone in character after this show being off the air for too long now- :) when I want to go to classic YJ fics, I always go for your characterizations.

Hmm, I feel like this is short, but I don't know what more to add. I'm not looking forward to Wally's next interaction with his mom, but I find that I often get that way in real life too- where I expect the worst from an encounter and then it turns out I worried for nothing. But we'll have to see, I don't know exactly where Wally's mom is coming from at this point. But I hope by the end of the day she knows she has a son who loves her and she loves him.
Looking forward to the time Wally can 'face his demons' and get justice against the one who hurt his family.

:) Thanks for your continued good work!

Ally Marton
nananan chapter 24 . 7/27
You're alive! And still writing brilliantly! I didn't even notice this had been updated until just now. Thanks; you just made a crappy day significantly better. And I totally see the real life peaking through in this chapter, which almost made me cry. My little family of three got into a car accident, and while no one's seriously injured,
well... Let's say this was amazing and leave it at that. Keep up the good work!
Batfamilysuperheroes chapter 1 . 7/29
This is one of my favorite stories. Really good! :)
IsAbElA M CuLlEn chapter 24 . 7/24
Nice way to twist the plot into mae Wally's dad as the new Doctor Fate. :-)
ngairetaylor chapter 22 . 7/22
Thank you for mentioning the main "mistake" in this episode... It is one of my fav episodes - yet I noticed that there were a LOT of inconsistencies.
Not only were the absence of major accidents not addressed - the concept of what happened to babies being born or still in the uterus was not addressed as well.
There was also the plane that went missing - Billy was in the plane before he turned into Mr Marvel but the plane was MISSING when he turned into Mr Marvel. Does this mean that all planes went missing in the adult world? If so then the death count would have been enormous - children dying in crashes AND adults dying because they fell to their deaths... And why did the plane disappear when the cars did not?
And how about the Clone Roy? How old is he? Should he not have been in the children's world?
Thank you for a very good story... I love the speedster and have been enjoying reading your slightly different version of the Young Justice as seen through his viewpoint.
SapphireSecret chapter 24 . 7/16
I don't think it was cheesy. I think this displayed a realistic emotional meltdown. I really liked his interaction with the team, M'gann's especially. I'm always super excited when I see there's been an update from you. This is one of my favorite stories. Looking forward to the next one!
SubRosa7 chapter 24 . 7/16
This is such a wonderful story! I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You wrote a very touching and realistic chapter. I could feel Wally's pain and the eventual numbness, and slight relief after spending time with his friends. I think throughout the story you've written very realistic and understandable reactions on Wally's part to the traumatic events going on around him, and this chapter was no exception. Loss and sorrow like that doesn't heal over night, even if tender scenes with his uncle and spending time with his friends can help. I did love the scene with Flash, and how Wally called him back to tell him that he loves him. I think that Wally's turned a corner here, as difficult as it was for him.

Thank you so much for writing this story and sharing it with us, this was a great update!

WildChild13 chapter 24 . 7/12
I mean.
I had all the feels through this man. All the feels. You are awesome. I really can't describe how much awesomeness this fic is cramming in my brain...
One of my favorites.
Smile-I'mTheEndOfAllThatYouSee chapter 24 . 7/14
Wow between this and another fic that hasn't been updated in a long time but just got updated, I might need a doctor because that's twice I looked at an updated story in shock. Anyway not once did I think anything was cheesy. Actually, there was a tired feeling in the sense that you can feel Wally being emotionally drained.
Janna chapter 24 . 7/12
Heh, no reason for self doubt, the chapter is great and actually the first time we get some sort of emotional breather in a while, or so it feels at least.
The affection is not an instant cure, they don't gel quite perfectly, but everyone is trying in their own way to support him, which is actually what should happen, so I think you're safely swerving around deep cheese territory, too.

Still love this story to bits, please keep it going! )
My Note Book chapter 24 . 7/12
That was beautiful. Seriously. You did very well when you wrote the crying scene. I don't cry and I was tearing up. It was very believable and very relatable. Beautiful. 10/10. also, I love Superboy. The way you wrote him in this story was perfect. Ah, this story makes me so happy.
JesusFreak77 chapter 24 . 7/12
No, this wasn't cheesy. My brother was recently in a car accident (he's okay), and it really makes you think about all the things they never got to do and all the things you never said. Wally has had more than enough trauma to cause a breakdown of this size. I absolutely loved the Team's support of him. The only thing I disagreed with was Artemis's part. I think her and Dick have suffered the most in their short lives, so they would be able to comfort Wally best. Great chapter, please update soon!
CalamityJim chapter 24 . 7/11