Reviews for Death, Taxes, and Magic
Quaternary chapter 4 . 6/8/2012
I can't believe I put off reading these for so long. I do love what you do, weaving canon into these stories and making them satisfying and interesting.
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 2 . 2/6/2012
8th of September, also my birthday. Somewhat ironic. Excellent work.
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
Good, well researched and written. One to enjoy.
Princess613 chapter 4 . 12/28/2011
I've been waiting for this since you told me about it. Want to explain how you magicked it up without me noticing?

Please do Beauxbatons. I need to know how an all girls school came into being before the late 18th century or thereabouts.
Princess613 chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
It's a little difficult to turn one's head upside-down, but give me a minute...
MuggleBeene chapter 4 . 11/6/2011
Besides being written in a very entertaining manner, I felt as if I wasn't reading a story, I was in class. I mean that in the very best way, trust me; if only my history classes here half as interesting.

As for Beauxbatons, I would be very interested. Glad to have found your writing, please continue. It is very nice to read something that isn't the usual list of subjects.
scherre chapter 4 . 11/2/2011
I'd really like to read your take on the origins of Beauxbatons, I enjoyed this and the Hogwarts stories very much. The amount of research you seem to have done to really fit things into the right time periods is amazing!
Susan M. M chapter 4 . 11/1/2011
Not bad, Dr. Platypus, not bad at all. A nice portrait of an earlier (and far distant) part of the Wizarding World.
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
Excellent use of detail.
Emily Mae chapter 4 . 10/31/2011
This was excellent. Really excellent. I'd love to see you tackle Beauxbatons, and though I have no suggestions, if it turns out anything like this story it'll be awesome.

I particularly loved the details about the koch and the complete secrecy of the school's location. :]
Alexandrus W. Pendragon chapter 4 . 10/31/2011
Wonderful work as ever, both in its attention to detail and in its compelling story line.

I, for one, would be very interested in a Beauxbatons story. The only suggestion I would offer is a relatively late date. Fleur's description of the school as located in a palace has always suggested Versailles or the like to my mind. Perhaps, in contrast to the medieval date of its counterparts, Beauxbatons is a product of the wizarding Enlightenment...
Emily Mae chapter 2 . 10/31/2011
This is really beautifully done, the way you've elaborated on such a small detail from the series. I'm really impressed with how fully you've fleshed this out but still make it obvious that this is the same Durmstrang from the books because the students are being taught Dark Arts and the teaching style is clearly harsher than at Hogwarts. Very well done.
Emily Mae chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
This is brilliant so far. I LOVE the historical accuracy. After I read the summary, I had to dive into this because it was only recently that I learned Durmstrang is meant to be located in Sweden or some place like that. Odd, I thought, considering all the students seem to be Eastern European and Russian. I'm glad I'm not the only one that found this bothersome and I can't wait to read your explanation. :]
Stromsten chapter 2 . 10/28/2011
Once again, more plausible than the original!
Stromsten chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
Durmstrang seems much more plausible now. This is a great start!