Reviews for Epiphany
thewafflekingdom chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
I really liked this. Karin isn't my favorite character, and the fact that you could make me feel anything for her says a lot. So, thank you for that. It's good.
Marcia Andrea chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
Me gusto, eres una de las pocas autoras ItaSasu, que muestra no odiar a Karin, y hasta me parece que te agrada - pero no me adelanto, no lo sé jajaja- en fin me agrada como manejas a la chica, además de que la historia me a gustado por el significado suscrito de esta historia, ¿quien es el que es prisionero? Vaya eso es algo que cala hondo. En fin, me disculpo por comentar en este idioma, pero tenía que felicitarte de alguna manera ¿no?
Me despido, adiós.
wingedmercury chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Nice Karin-centric fic-man are they hard to find! I thought you did a good job with her character:)
Spikey44 chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
Hello there, I just wanted to leave a review to say that this one shot is really interesting.

You write an interesting perspective on the whole incident between Sasuke and Karin. Personally I think it wasn't personally motivated on Sasuke's part when he stabbed through Karin to strike Danzo. It was a ruthless move, certainly, and one Karin definitely shouldn't forgive, but it wasn't malicious in its intent. It was strategic. Danzo was using Karin as a human shield agaisnt Sasuke, from Sasuke's point of view, wanting to kill Danzo, that strike was too good an opening to miss -and frankly I imagine most high ranking shinobi on assassination missions would do the same (after all even in Konoha it used to be common to leave teammates to die in order to complete missions, that's why when Kakashi's dad refused to sacrifice his teammates he was made a pariah).

However what Sasuke did after Danzo was dead, when he prepared to kill Karin on 'Madara's' say so that was completely inexcuseable and was probably only written in to make it clear that Sasuke was 'bad' now, instead of simply ruthlessly driven to attain his goal no matter what.

Still I like the viewpoint you express about a 'prison Konoha', and how the ninja world is inherently unjust and hypocritical. I'm also intrigued by the notion that the crazy/bad guys are the ones who won't play by the corrupt rules of the game. It's an interesting and not often seen opinion in the fandom, which usually seems to swallow the notion 'Konoha is good; everyone opposed to Konoha is bad' a little too easily.

Anyway, this is an interesting one shot and I'm glad I stumbled across it. Thank you.
mickytaka558 chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
Oh my God! I love this! Too bad that you won't make a second part.
Snowkid chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
HELL YES! it's worth it! escape with sasuke! marry suigetsu! and kick some ass!
Laforet chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
I'm not a big fan of Karin. Mainly because she reminds me of myself, especially in the "goofy for Sasuke" part. Gladly I am over that now just as Karin is. Not that I don't like Sasuke (he's the perfect antagonist for Naruto) I'm just not a fan girl anymore.

Anyway, I will admit that I was kind of hesitant to read this, seeing that the pairing was Karin and Sasuke, but since you said it was one-sided, I thought I would give it a try. I enjoyed it. I have also questioned Sasuke's motives when he tried to kill her when he was fighting Danzo. Although, in the course of working on a fan fic of my own, ironically with Karin as the main character and narrator, it seems to me like Sasuke just used his team as a convenience. You know, when they used up their usefulness, they became useless to him. Kind of like his "partnership" with Akatsuki. I feel like as long as he's powering up, that's all that matters. Once the people around him have ceased to help him towards that "super-strong Sasuke" goal, he discards them for something better. I know during the Battle of Unraikyo that there was-for a moment-that team bond between Taka, but I also think Sasuke realized just how weak the members were and-I hope this is true in the end-maybe he realized that if he were to destroy Konoha, he didn't want them getting hurt. I'm hoping he valued Karin, Jugo, and Suigetsu the same way that he at one time valued Sakura, Naruto, and Kakashi. But then again, he says he's going to kill Naruto and everyone in the Leaf Village. I guess time will only tell or Kishimoto-sensei will anyway.

Sorry, I didn't mean to go off on a tangent there, but like I said, I've been struggling through a Karin story on my own and it has been a challenge for me deciding if Sasuke actually did care for the members of Hebi/Taki or if he just used them as a convenience. Reading this helped me get another perspective, which I appreciate it.

I'm going to stop now, because this review has gotten incredibly long-and likely incredibly stupid. I apologize for that. Thanks for this story. Continue amazing me, please. Bye!