Reviews for The Greatest Thing
Iamfrodobaggins chapter 4 . 4/25/2014
I found this movie on Netflix too, I thought it was going to be stupid, but instead I fell in love with the movie and the fantasy of it. I instantly fell in love with Robin, and I love this story and how you are portraying him! It's awesome! :)
QueenZoe100100 chapter 2 . 3/5/2014
I'm glad this story was written by a film student and not some random nine year old who in no way shape or form could possibly comprehend the art of writing and what it means to some people. Its really good so far. I can see sparks flying.
Kodami chapter 12 . 2/3/2014
I LOVED IT!
Tasha.v chapter 12 . 7/12/2013
. . !
Please please please please please
Make more you are a amassing writer
YOU ARE FRICKEN TALENTED PLEASE DO MORE
Guest chapter 12 . 7/5/2013
Omg! I love this! Please write a sequel!:)
Anon chapter 4 . 6/29/2013
I have never read a fanfic before where Maria has a sister. I am quite enjoying this- I was growing tired of Maria and Robin falling in love over and over again. All the previous stories I have read were basically the same. Thank you for this breath of fresh air!
Do you know if anyone has written a fanfic from the point of view of someone besides Maria or Robin? It would be interesting to see what Couer de Noir, Loveday, Benjamin, or even Miss Heliotrope thinks of this entire story.
brooklynn.meyer.9 chapter 12 . 6/24/2013
This was a fantastic book!
Im-Just-A-Paper-Girl chapter 12 . 6/20/2013
oh my gosh, this was an amazing story. I absolutely love it! I couldn't stop reading, (much to my parents disdain.)
this is an amazing story truly. now I feel my moonacre story is inferior.
ROBINLOVA chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
Great first chapter, it's so hard finding good topics to read about these days. Or stories! And your username, Evil-Queen-Charlotte, is AMAZING! I laughed when i saw it, because most people say stuff like "1Dlova" or "Potatoes" and things like that. But this is amazing! And the story has just enough detail to not be boring, yet not seem like a rough draft. The idea is based off the movie, yet the way you add to it explains alot of things they dont mention. Like, why Digweed never answers Mrs. Heliatrope and Maria in the cart. Mrs. Heliatrope says he's a half-wit, but then you have your character talking to him, making him not hear the other two call out to him. Fascinating! Thank you for writing this!
indescribable music chapter 12 . 6/12/2013
loved the story!
Terra-Wendy chapter 12 . 6/12/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
Riverflower chapter 12 . 5/16/2013
Loved your story, but I'm gonna point out a few mistakes and like that...

Firstly, Emily showed no emotion at all. Not fright, excitement, happiness, none at all. When her sister was attacked she just casually went to help her, she wasn't even a tiny bit scared. That just seems odd. I mean, anybody would have been at least a little shocked! This made it a bit boring to read at times, because even though Emily is supposed to be kinda emotionless, she just didn't seem realistic when she wasn't even frightened for her sisters life at that point, or a little scared when she entered the fortress in the forest.

Secondly, you often wrote "she" and "he" without saying who the "she" and "he" is supposed to be until half of the conversation is over. That annoys me. You also sometimes forget that Emily is not introduced to all the characters, and say their name when they speak or others speak about them before she even knows who they are yet. On Loveday you did this perfectly though, calling her "the woman" until Emily knew her name.

You also often have to long sentences, and forget comma at places, which makes it hard to read sometimes. You also need to pause and describe more, because the storyline and description is a bit rushed.

And one last thing, you said (when Robin read the unpublished manuscript) that it was about them but under different names, yet Emily later on told her publisher that she fell for her character Robin, and that the other main character was named Emily.

Other than that, great story, one of the best I've read. Sorry for being picky, but it's only to help you improve. I'm not saying I'm a good author, or better than you, not at all I just noticed things and wanted to help you :)
ANIME-NICA chapter 12 . 4/21/2013
O.M.G! that was awesome, i thought the ending was so sweet. i loved your fic and im kinda sad that its over. i think that this might be my fave secret of moonacre fic!
Guest chapter 12 . 3/30/2013
LOVE IT!
Guest chapter 12 . 3/23/2013
I think it should go on more! I like it!