Reviews for Food diaries
Veridissima chapter 9 . 7/29/2012
Just read all of your story, it's just amazing
Love Toby and Andy's relationship. Love all of Toby's history, you just wrote it perfect. Everything fits, it's just so him.
Love how you wrote Donna and CJ's friendship, and how they became friends, and how they didn't talk about that three men, and I love the talk when they do.
And Josh and Donna, so sweet, love the fries story, so perfect.
I like Amy, I don't like her with Josh but I like her as a character. Love the way you wrote the way she mets Abbey and them how she met Josh. Also love the part of the Santos Admnistration.
And love this last chapter, you really captered Donna, just perfect.
Love this story so much
Can't wait for more
(You could do one about Goldfish crakers , just an idea)
sassie69 chapter 9 . 7/28/2012
Great chapter, loved the Donna insights, well written, thank you
alix33 chapter 9 . 7/27/2012
AW!
sassie69 chapter 8 . 12/3/2011
Very well written humanising insight into Amy, thank you
Luv2Live chapter 8 . 12/2/2011
Thanks so much for updating. Im always so torn on Amy as well. She intrigues me but at times I thought she pushed Josh to far. I hope you keep writing!
Luv2Live chapter 7 . 11/27/2011
I just stumbled across this story and Im so glad that I did, its wonderful. Keep writing. I'd love a Charlie one. Its glimpses into their lives we never got.
sassie69 chapter 7 . 11/20/2011
Brought tears to my eyes, wonderful, thank you.
Neli chapter 7 . 11/19/2011
That was very good.

You tied all the bits and pieces together wonderfully.

And also, the strudel...Apple, cheese and cabbage, very professional ;)

Looking forward to the next ones!
alix33 chapter 7 . 11/18/2011
"Toby sighed, but didn't protest. He collected the plates and the leftovers and followed CJ to the kitchen. She pulled out a baking dish filled with something and put it in the oven that she had already pre-heated. 'You made pie.' Toby's voice was full of wonderment. 'Yeah, I made pumpkin pie. I know your sweet tooth is your weak spot, Toby.' She smiled back at him. 'I didn't know you baked' 'I can't say that I do. But it's my mother's recipe, I used to help her with this at every Thanksgiving.' She looked at him. And once again they understood each other wordlessly. It wasn't just about the food, it was about family, about heritage, about their lost mothers' legacies and this new family they have become. They packed the dishes in the dishwasher, and Toby told her about his mother's apple pie. 'It sounds wonderful.' CJ commented and Toby knew that she understood the point of the story. He looked at his best friend and realized how similar they were despite their vastly different backgrounds. In that moment she felt more like family to him than his sisters and his brother ,his father or his ex-wife or anyone else in the entire world. He thought that maybe it's the right time for them finally as the familiar, yet unfamiliar fragrance of the pie started to fill the kitchen." - AW!

AW, how cute was Toby, baking pie with his kids and showing them their grandma's original recipe too.
sassie69 chapter 6 . 11/13/2011
Excellent chapter. The passage of Donna and CJ's friendship felt so realistic. Thank you.
alix33 chapter 6 . 11/11/2011
'Your parents didn't encourage you to study?' 'No, my mom was thrilled that I had a doctor boyfriend. She wanted me to marry well.' - All of a sudden I understand why Josh LOATHES Donna's mom.

"She confessed her crush on Simon," - Simon was yummy, though. One really cannot fault CJ's taste.
sassie69 chapter 5 . 11/10/2011
Poor sam, such temptation!
nanastone chapter 5 . 11/8/2011
Love this story...Would have never thought to mix events with a memory of food.. Great JOB.. PLEASE write more for J/D. We need to keep them alive and well!
WhoIwishIwas chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
I love it! How much are you going to write? There's so much other food - chili, for one. Thanks for keeping them alive!
alix33 chapter 3 . 10/30/2011
"He argues with God in his head, a God he doesn't quite believe in, but can't quite dismiss either. Whenever, he tries to think about it, he gets too angry," - It made me laugh (but wryly) that I have the way I believe in God in common with Josh Lyman, though I get angry for a different reason.

She'll be SO pretty (heck, she probably already IS!), Josh's and Donna's little girl.