Reviews for Da steht auch ein Mensch
Harleymotor chapter 5 . 12/29/2015
I'd just like to say that I absolutely LOVED this story. I hadn't been confused at all, It seemed rather clear to me what was happening whether at present or past (but then again I've read the Wee Doctor series.. and that story is much harder to follow) I especially loved the characterization of Jim in this story, and how from his perspective, it all blends together. I mean, even if he is from an alternate dimension that has him in Sherlock's shoes, he's still his own character- madness included. You had an amazing way of showing how he was very much the same, but still completely different from his counterpart due to circumstance; and how John grounded him in a believable and different way than other!John does for Sherlock. The way their relationship was presented felt very much innocent and pure, while at the same time incredibly intimate; which I've always felt you as an author had an amazing way of constructing relationships this way- not quite romantic yet so beyond simple friendship, it's a beautiful kind of understanding (especially in the case of a madman) and I have yet to find an author that can pull off such a narrative like you do. Brilliant!
I heart the Hitachiin twins chapter 5 . 5/22/2015
Really cool, just a little disjointed.
Scarylady chapter 3 . 4/17/2014
I just about died laughing about the lizard part! This is just lovely!
Scarylady chapter 2 . 4/17/2014
I love this and I love how you keep Moriarty so in character while also being on the side of good. It's hilarious and scary and just perfect.
Rose10117 chapter 5 . 2/19/2014
This was really good but a bit hard to follow. There were a few moments where I was like," Wait, what?" That being said, I really liked the plot. I love the good Moriarty stories. Thanks for posting this.
JSML chapter 5 . 2/12/2014
The concept of the story is cool but it was difficult to follow. Still a good fic.
Adages chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
I think I've reviewed this already, but I just reread it again (it's on my e-reader) and it's still awesome :)

I just wanted to reiterate that I absolutely love the relationship John and Jim have, and how sensitive Jim is - that part with the girl, where Jim says, there were people in that file, that whole scene just made the story for me; it's the difference between him in a world where he isn't a criminal mastermind and Sherlock in the canon world, and how then Sherlock, evil, is completely ruthless and psychopathic in the way Moriarty in canon isn't, not really. I so love the parallels you've drawn 3
lially chapter 5 . 1/21/2014
oh. um i like it but... this story is fairly complicated isn't it?
Guest chapter 5 . 1/10/2014
Amazing! Great fun story! :D
TYRider chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Fantastic. This story was just so original an brilliant and masterfully written. I love good Jim and his friendship with John so much. And you manage to keep everyone in character. Just marvelous. I hope you plan to write some more good Jim stories! Thank you for sharing!
Sherley Holmes chapter 5 . 8/19/2013
Oh my word, this is amazing. Good Jim is such a sweetheart, and everyone is perfectly in character, and I just love everything about this. Any plans for anymore good Jim stories?
A Tye chapter 5 . 8/7/2013
Really great story. I love your version of Jim
googly-eyed-ghost chapter 5 . 7/12/2013
I...wow. This is just such an original idea, and you handled it so well, I love this. Thank you. Bless you.
Raxicoricofallapatorious chapter 5 . 5/19/2013
This was an unconventional story, but I still loved it. Imagining Holmes as the antagonist is a whole hell of a lot easier because of Into Darkness.

However, I like they way you made parallel-Jim the opposite personality of good-Sherlock. It was a good way to show that John is an absolute anchor, no matter which personality it is. :)

Very well done. Thank you.

Raxi
Jonathan Jamie chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
I really do hope you check your comments, because it would mean so much to us if you did. We understand that this may seem like a joke, like two people playing a prank, but we would really like you to know how real this is. I almost never read fanfiction. In fact, I only do when I get a recommendation and am ceaselessly bothered to. A friend of ours read this, and found it hilarious that it seemed to mirror our lives so completely. So, I read it. How shocked I was to see our lives laid out for the world to see. Obviously, I am not from an alternate universe, and I do not have an arch-nemesis. I do, however, live in central London in a two bedroom flat, and am a DSI for Scotland Yard. Yes, grown men read fanfiction.

I keep on saying "ours" or "we". That refers to myself, Jonathan , and my partner of five years, Jamie. Jamie is a very special person. I do not mean for it to seem as if he is disabled, or has some form of intellectual disability. Quite the opposite, in fact. He is one of the most, if not the most, brilliant person I know. He majored in Psychology and Chemistry, with minors in Criminology and Visual Arts. He attended MIT and Yale, before returning back to this island we call home. He adores math, counts everything. From his steps to the tiles to the distance between our furniture, he knows it all. He has his difficult moments, when things are too dirty, too loud, too chaotically insane. He will paint the walls, turn the music up s loud that the neighbours complain, hoover everything, coat the house in bleach. When that doesn't work, out comes the piano, and oh how he tortures that thing. He needs things to "ground" him. He is always afraid he will fly away. Sometimes the aforementioned things do not work. At those times the lights go out, the shades are closed, and all I can do is hold him, to remind him that he is not alone.

At the same time, though, is is one of the most immature people I know. He drowns himself in tea, eats hardly anything that is not sweet. No, seriously. That stick of a man refuses dinner, but will order two desserts. He skips in the streets, adores the swings in the park. He will walk around in nothing more than his red lace pants and his rainbow toe socks, singing Let's Have a Kiki. I adore that man.

After reading your story, Jamie freaked out a bit. We had to buy block-out shades, because he was worried that we were being spied on. He sat on the couch and ate so much sorbet I was worried we would have to take him to the A&E. Looking back over this, I realise that he sounds a bit off. He is a perfectly capable man. Sometimes, though, he just needs to be reminded that he is not alone. We met at uni, when we were both doing a transfer thingy. We shared a dorm, and I was witnessed to the three a.m. cleaning sessions. I found it adorable.

Sometimes I bring him with me to our cases. He is a great help, with his specialised degrees. He is a consultant for many things, from crimes to painting self portraits. He gets in the way, but in the most sweet ways. Randomly bringing me Chinese take-away when we are in, say, Brixton investigating a double homicide, is generally looked down upon, but my bosses just look the other way. Jamie has his head on my shoulder, and wants he to be adamant about the fact that he is NOT CUTE, and is VERY MANLY. Because it is obviously not adorable to be standing in fluffy pink slippers and a rainbow t-shirt.

I know this is rambling, but I just thought you may like to know that your story made absolute sense. The things that you have Jim go through are so very similar to Jamie's bad days. We loved your story. Really. I do hope you read this, and that it somehow makes you happy. I am putting our email down below, just in case. Seeing as how we are both "J"'s, we hyphenated our last names. I have no clue as to why I am telling you all this...

Really, thank you.