Reviews for Never Again
Avoila chapter 3 . 2/1/2013
*sobs* First of all, I love how you took the tragedy on Utøya and put it into the Spirit of Norway's reaction in a story. I'm quite touched, actually. (I'm Norwegian.)
Secondly, I think you're describing it in a beautiful way. Small details, like for example lip bleeding... And I almost cried through the whole second chapter, and the ending.
Thirdly... I just loved the story itself.
ONE thing I noticed: Use comma more often. I kinda finicky with this, but I (sorry) think it's slightly annoying.. Heh ; For example, if you have a "but" in the middle of a sentence, you put a comma in front it blah blah, I'm sure you know x3 (Not that my grammar is good, but you know... Pfft xD)
Otherwise, great story! Really! I felt kinda happy, though this was a very sad and tragic event.
And now I don't know what to say, so I'm gonna praise all the victims of the attack, and wave an awkward goodbye to you, cuz I'm awkward (I wish I was like Norway... Or Finland - I'm half Finnish :3) *waves awkwardly and runs away hiding in a corner* HA DET BRA!
[Goodbye, literal translation: "Have it good." Norwegians can be very demanding xD lol jk, I need friends...
Damn, this reveiw was long xD]
American Gelato chapter 3 . 12/12/2012
I LOVE this story. Honestly, I can't even... The dictionary doesn't have enough words for me to use but I really love this story. Did I mention I love it? XD
But in all seriousness, you were able to channel every character's feelings into the story perfectly, and that alone is pretty hard to do, even for me. The fact that I almost cried when Denmark and Norway were crying, and how their hatred for Breivik made me fuming about his actions while reading shows how strongly you must feel for the subject, and making your readers feel those emotions themselves shows how much effort you put into it. So props and kudos to you! Keep up your spectacular work!
- American Gelato
MelancholyMadness chapter 3 . 7/26/2012
I'm from Canada, but in my civics class we learned about the Massacre and I remember how much it hurt just to think about. It devistated me thinking about how someone could do something like that and how much it must have shaken up Norway because of how peaceful it is there and all the values their country is based on. I'm really glad that you wrote a fic for this because I've always wanted to read one. I love how you wrote Denmark in this and how much he really showed how much he cares. I also love how Norway was and how... Even though he was showing emotion and he usually doesn't, it just seemed so HIM. The ending was incredibally cute! Thank you for writing!
-Ash
Madik chapter 3 . 6/3/2012
Beautiful. Just Beautiful. You captured Norway's pain and frustration perfectly. I especially loved his guilt over wanting that man dead, and that he would stand up and be strong despite everything. This story is just, gah, I can't even find any words to describe it. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.
Ligare chapter 3 . 2/21/2012
I think temperament-wise Denmark rather resembles Spain, especially in battle. I've always find it curious that the descendants of the infamously vicious Vikings are nowadays the most rational of nations. Especially Iceland. Now I think about it, Spain is also pretty easy-going and idealistic since the 20th century. Compared to how he was back in the era of the great exploration (and the pirates), he has undergone a massive sea change.
AllyMCainey chapter 3 . 2/11/2012
Oh My Gosh...! This was beautiful! It almost made me cry, but I still really love it! Great job!
blue stranger chapter 3 . 1/31/2012
omg that was so damn cweet that i cried from both sadnes and happynes. it was sop cute of denmark just to help and comfort Norge that i just couldnt help but trie not to crie (to no avail) so i just wanna say that your storry is awesome. oh and i agree with you about that maniac bastard.
Pherse Issac chapter 3 . 1/19/2012
Thank you so much for writing this. It was beautiful.
Eveica chapter 2 . 11/22/2011
This is amazing..so so amazing
Winky796 chapter 2 . 11/12/2011
Takk. This what sweet. I'm real grateful someone wrote about this. Now, for the critique (or tips); "Jeg er så, så beklager" should be " Jeg er så, så lei meg". This isn't an easy translation, but that's what "I'm so, so sorry" means. "Beklager" means "pardon". I felt like it took a bit long for Denmark to get to Norway with all those in-between explanations, but at least they were in the same theme. Also I liked how you made Norway show all the love and hurt the Norwegians displayed. The only thing I felt didn't completely fit was his will to kill the terrorist. Norway doesn't have a death sentence. He's likely to end up imprisoned for as long as allowed and not to set a foot out in society again. I know personally to wish him dead at first as a Norwegian, but Hetalia!Norway is a country, in which I think their laws would sort of work as their ethics. But I'm probably reading too much into this; you're free to ignore my rambling.
Guard-y nut chapter 2 . 11/10/2011
I really like the way you show how it all affects the nations, because it really is like that in the aftermath...
Andreya Halms chapter 2 . 11/8/2011
Wow. you just brought a whole new dimension to the way i used to look at these two. update soon!
Marzol chapter 2 . 11/6/2011
I an a Norwegian and i hate Breivik.

but i love this story pleas update.
LaMindy chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
Good story! I agree with you, the attack was just terrible and disgusting! I'm happy some people are brave enough to write a story about something as serious as this. So many people hates on stories like this, but I like it so far. I'm looking forward to the next chapter, keep up the good work :)
firfan2102 chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
Awww poor Norge! I really liked this chapter, I can't wait for you to make another one!