Reviews for The Belle of Notre Dame
CatCrescent chapter 3 . 1/3
It is incredibly satisfying to see Belle interact with characters from the Notre Dame film. It was a little distracting when four consecutive lines of dialogue started in the same way, giving the impression that the dialogue lacked variety, and I think it would also help to list colors in lieu of saying "multi-colored" though you still get your point across. It is also satisfying to see the small ways that Gaston and Belle clash, and I think you do a great job at keeping a balance so they don't get too antagonistic.
CatCrescent chapter 2 . 1/3
Because of the diction, many of the actions are appropriately cartoonish and really added to the feeling of imagining these characters move. The tone of the language seems a bit inconsistent at points, but I enjoy the friend-like interaction between Gaston and Belle. I think this works really well as a prequel story and that your attention to the timeline really pays off.
CatCrescent chapter 1 . 1/3
Excellent set-up! There is a lot of great description, and the characters are very well written. I could practically hear their voices as I read. I think the parenthesis are extraneous, especially since you already conveyed Belle's unorthodox behavior in previous sentences. Overall, a great start!
juliettacapuleto21 chapter 6 . 3/30/2017
I LOVED IT! VERY SOOOOO MUCH
juliettacapuleto21 chapter 4 . 3/29/2017
Maaan~ Im lovin' this, even if I miss the Beast (tho I know why he isnt here)
But I want to make a comment bout a little detail: Frollo was sooo not "disgusted" with Esmeralda (if you know what I mean) ewww...
juliettacapuleto21 chapter 3 . 3/28/2017
Phoebus an Esmeralda! YAY! Ship them so much ( that's why I hate the real novel so much)
juliettacapuleto21 chapter 1 . 3/26/2017
When the little part of the song started I had to sing in my head the rest of the not with Gaston voice... and was that a Monte Carlo refference (tho it could be have been used in some other movie...)
Guest chapter 1 . 5/2/2015
Both Hunchback and Beauty and the Beast were directed by Gary Trosdale (sp?) which might be the reason for Belle's cameo. Also they share the same theme about judging someone by their looks even if they look like a monster or a freak.
I am that Writer chapter 6 . 2/18/2013
A sweet little story. I enjoyed it!
CLBONE13 chapter 6 . 5/5/2012
I know you were trying to be loyal to the original movie but why wouldn't Belle help Quasimodo, it's the kind of thing she'd do
civilwarrose chapter 6 . 4/4/2012
Like this chapter a lot because the ending about Quasi was very sweet, and the mention of their children, and also it fits in with the storyline of Beauty and the Beast. You added an incident where she could have given Gaston a chance, spent time with him and had a good reason to not like him after that. Great ending!
bStormhands chapter 6 . 4/3/2012
That was a very nice ending, though I actually expected Gaston to be a bit more insistent on a night cap or something before leaving. But that wasn't all that important to the story. Belle and Quasimodo are a good crossover.
civilwarrose chapter 5 . 3/9/2012
Cute chapter, although I was a little disappointed that there wasn't actual interaction between Belle and Quasimodo. I would have liked to hear from him, and have her say something nice to him, to make for a sweet BatB/HoND crossover scene.
bStormhands chapter 5 . 3/8/2012
So close but so far. But what a sweet story. Thank you.
mllepoulain chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
Oh please update soon! I'm loving this!