Reviews for Mistakes Need to be Learned
Mali Bear's Buddy chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
If I'm honest, I felt the beginning was heavy and, at times, difficult to read. I've read almost all of your stuff and the beginning of this piece didn't seem like you at all. Were you trying something different? If I can offer advice, use caution with the dense prose and lengthy sentences. You sort of have two different styles going on and it's almost like it was written by two different people and mashed together.

It started to feel more like one of your stories when Dean entered the picture a little more than a third of the way in. Having him save Sam, having them both chastise the girl for almost getting all of them killed - you're on to something with that. The idea of pairing them with an inexperienced, somewhat clumsy hunter has it's appeal. I can get behind that part. It offers a world of possibilities for training her and falling in love along the way. Lots of potential in the end.

You've got your own unique style and a bunch of fresh ideas. Be true to yourself. Don't cheat your readers trying to be something you're not...because who you are is pretty special.
Wynefred chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
Good first chapter. You've grabbed my interest. I look forward to reading more of this.

This part made me chuckle:

The girl rolls her eyes. "I was aiming for the—"

"Well you missed!"
celeste301 chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
great beginning, lots of potential :)
FallenAngel218 chapter 1 . 11/22/2011
You should continue this story...I would love to know more about Sam and Michaela! It seems that Sam has a thing for her... ;)
Your Chino 3 chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
Once again you have succeeded in amazing me. I have yet to read a story that you've written that I don't like. You have amazing talent:) Don't ever take that for granted. A lot of people would be very grateful to have the talent that you have. Don't beat yourself up when things don't go right the first time, keep going at it until you get it the way you want it to be. And again, great job.
Woman of Letters chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
I thought this was a great start! I like Michaela as an OC. Why she's determined to be a hunter with so little experience is intriguing, as is her obvious medical knowledge. The scene was believable, the dialogue rang true, and she doesn't feel like a Mary Sue. I'd love to see where you take this.
TheTurtleSaysRawrBitch chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
Im not a fan of OCs but I actually enjoyed this story, there wasnt a part where I was like, 'this is definately OC work', it was likable and believable. I'm half tempted to ask for you to continue because unlike some OC writers you havent overstepped with something outrageous with the work done here.