Reviews for The Crimson Eyed Snake
New here, but came across this story and am pretty impressed by it's quality like everyone else here. Just thought maybe I could put in some constructive criticism.
The only part of this story that is poorly written is the attack on Linda by the other villagers. And then the subsequent massacre.
I am highly alarmed by how frequently writers are designing these intolerant groups of characters only to slaughter them with no mercy. Not only that, but they enjoy the killing them all off too.
Because essentially saying because you're intolerant so you deserve to die is oh so tolerant in itself right? Do you realize how atrocious that attitude is?
Luckily this author was not so disturbingly gleeful while writing this scene as others have been. Regardless I don't think the scene should have involved half the village getting killed.
Can you blame them for being scared senseless after men, women, and children were slain by a headless undead entity for months?
It doesn't justify trying to kill Linda, but it does make it sick to suggest their deaths were entirely deserved. And then to just gloss over it. The best fix would be to lessen the number of villagers involved to maybe five. I mean, some of those men were fathers. Show some mercy and restraint author.
It also taints Erhards character since up until that point he only killed during battle and while being controlled by the very murderous witch the villagers mistook Linda for. Now he has half a village's blood on his hands. So much for his honor. The guy's immortal, he could have easily saved Linda without stooping to that level.
Apart from this, the story was great! Far better than the movie and any other sleepy hollow story I've come across. Achieving the feet of having a relatable female lead, too. Pretty impressive overall.
Pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top continue this story
Pretty please with sugar on top continue your story?
Pretty please continue the story?
Gray toad chapter 30 . 5/30
Very sad that the author has thrown this story:(
HessianLover99 chapter 30 . 5/23
Oh come on. Don't let us wait anymore. Such a wonderful story need to continue. So please PLEASE update.
ash chapter 30 . 5/8
OMG WHY DID YOU STOP Dx this is so cool! ugh!friggin cliffhangers!
pandora.guerra chapter 1 . 4/14
continue plisssssssss
Hi chapter 1 . 4/3
Please finish this story! Don't stop now, you can do this!
HessianLover99 chapter 30 . 4/2
I'm so sad. Please update.
We miss you, the author :'
Newhere chapter 30 . 1/15
I hope this story isn't discontinued. I've been dying to see Erhard and Linda make up.
x-mariaa chapter 30 . 12/31/2014
Please, please, pleaseeee update soon. I started this story thinking that it was complete, only to feel my heart drop as I realised it wasn't. You haven't updated in a while, so I'm not sure if you're completing it, but I hope that you do.

This is beautifully written. Initially, when I first started this, I nearly dropped it on the first chapter due to the use of first person, which, on most circumstances, I cannot stand, as most writers that use it don't use it very well. That's not the case with you. You did an incredible job. The first person in this story, which I had at first merely deemed tolerable, soon became enjoyable and I grew to love it, especially during the romantic/love scenes, which were very intense.

Your OC is likable and relatable. Throughout the story, I found myself thinking, 'wow, that's something I would do,' countless times. She quickly grew on me and became one of my favorite characters, topped only by the horseman, which, in my opinion, you characterized wonderfully.

Over all, this was beautifully done & I look forward to reading more.
Guest chapter 30 . 12/18/2014
pleeeease update soon!... *pleading look*
HessianLover99 chapter 30 . 11/10/2014
Please update soon. I can't wait anymore.