Reviews for Virtue and Vice & Vice Versa
pipenerd chapter 2 . 8/24/2012
"Who issss to ssssay that I have not given thesssse foolssss a gift?"

I can totally see Crowley dropping a word to his old drinking buddy the Marquis de Sade, which then led to the storming of the Bastille and the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen.

I'm updating my personal rec list and stopped by to say that this is one of my all-time favourite Good Omens fics!
RandomPenName chapter 8 . 12/6/2010
Wow. Your use of the English language is simply beautiful.
Berylia-Crystalia chapter 8 . 9/12/2008
Is there a sequel ? Because I'm totally entranced by this story.

Thank you for making me feel such wonders.
Fudge 1 chapter 8 . 7/1/2006
Goodness. Though the style of writing is sometimes difficult to follow, it is well worth it. Some truly beautiful descriptions here, for example, Crowley and Aziraphale.

Unusal time setting; not many people would pick the French Revolution. Maybe a bit more information about it would be useful; as I'm sure many, like myself, don't really know much about it.

Please, please continue.
Uma Thermus chapter 2 . 4/10/2006
Wow, you have a very lyrical and poetic style of writing that's really captivating. This is a very good fanfic and I love the Crowley/Aziraphale coupling in this setting!
EdenSnake chapter 8 . 4/9/2006
Just then, Carton ran in, and they had even MORE intimate relations!

...Right?

Fine. This story makes me fangirl not just because of the tension (mwellwrittentension), but because of the French Revolution background. Why, oh why, does a time period make me squeal? Hmm.

This is fantastic, and thrilling, and oh my goodness gracious. You amaze me.
Aislin30a chapter 8 . 12/23/2005
That was a beautiful story and you are a beautiful writer.
Blackwolfzee chapter 8 . 9/18/2005
Wow. Simply put into that one word. I hung on every word and grew to seek the next line. Very well writen and Im excited to know that I've read such text. Thanks for pouring out this wonderful FanFic and allowing others the pleasure and oppertunity to read and review such works.

Pandora.
Elieri chapter 8 . 8/4/2005
whoa... You really know how to write. I actually didn't expect to find such high quality writing here at the Since I'm not as proficient in the english language as I would like to be it's hard to find the right words to praise you (damn my english vocabulary)but I'll just say that the images you painted in my mind with your words will probably stay there for a pretty long time. You have an amazing sense of style in your writing. Thanks for a really good read!
Rachael chapter 8 . 7/31/2005
The relationship you've established between the two characters is amazingly accurate and believable. It has that presence that GO offers and yet doesn't describe in detail - of their old relationship and familiarity. 'S a beautiful piece of writing.
tlothei chapter 8 . 5/27/2005
this is, quite possibly, like nothing else I have ever read.

it's - it's terribly vivid, it's wonderfully lovely and entirely sensuous. it's a banner of obviousness and so perfectly subtle too. I feel very desperate after having read this.

but strangely calmed, as well.

your own grasp of the good omens characters is much more serious than I've ever encountered - not that this is bad, it's nice to see an author leave their own signature in their writing sometimes. and, just to mention, the "capulets and montagues" bit - oh! I love that. I was never much for the actual romeo and juliet story, but the tragedy is just aching. I don't think that really has anything to do with your story, but I had to mention it.
Estelendur chapter 8 . 4/15/2005
That is so lovely I am at a loss for words.
Jenn chapter 8 . 2/12/2005
Awesome. Awesomely awesome. You write Good Omens beautifully and Crowly/Aziraphale as they're meant to be written.

Chapter eight
kazumi chapter 8 . 12/26/2004
wow. your fic is very beautiful, like poetry. i was entranced reading it. hopefully, this won't be your last chapter. ;D
Imry chapter 8 . 8/21/2004
I'm a little conflicted about this fic. On the one hand, your writing is absolutely stunning. You have an impressive grasp of the language and it's beautiful to read. The metaphors and descriptions are so apt, and the way the scene shifts in the last chapter is seamless. It's truly a gem. You've found a unique balance, because never once does it sound self-important or wordy. From a stylistic perspective, it's flawless.

However, I'm not so sure about how it fits in with the 'Good Omens' universe. The book itself is fairly fluffy, and the characters are appropriately lighthearted. However, your characters are very dark indeed. While this is not nessicarily a fault, I'm not so sure it gels with the Good Omens universe. It would be interesting to write how the Crowley and Aziraphale of this fic get to be the Crowley and Aziraphale of Good Omens.

That said, I did quite enjoy reading this, and I hope you update again.