Reviews for Cross and Thorn: a Tale of the Demon Castle
Thinkwire chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
Absolutely superb as usual. I actually clicked on the story even before seeing who wrote it, and while reading I detected your "style" if you will. As a Megaman and Castlevania fan, I'm quite happy that I discovered your work. Now onto the actual story:

As usual, your prose was excellent, visuals and descriptions great, and characters entertaining. I liked the little mentions of the songs (I did notice most of them) as well as explanation for why you get powerups from candles.

Only real flaw (And I use that term lightly) was that the Stopwatch doesn't work on the Grim Reaper, but that doesn't matter really.

Overall, it's an entertaining read and a real treat for Castelvania fan. In fact, it may just be my favorite part of this Halloween.
Erico chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
Well done, sir, well done. A nice little novella to add to my collection of perfectly scripted stories, and of Castlevania no less, wherein I have had a DEARTH of good reading material for many years.

I take this as a good sign that you are not only alive and well, but working as ever on your "Other" story...yes, that one. I and the rest of the Legacy of Metal Team (Which includes you, as the giver of Treeborgs and the Human Supremacy League) wait with baited breath for the tantalizing "Story Updated" alert.

If you feel up to it, though, there is another project that the LoM team is working on. A joint and communal effort, a story of stories. And I do believe that they, like I, would love to have you be a part of it. Even if you are busy, we could always use a sounding board, an idea man.

Write me. You have my E-Mail.

-Erico