Reviews for The Long Shadow
Persiflage chapter 15 . 8/11/2012
I've finally made time to read this! *feels guilty at taking so long*

An interesting story. I have to say that I don't believe Foyle is Jack's father so I was glad that you didn't say definitely one way or the other. (I believe Foyle acted as he did because he had loved Caroline and he'd have done what he did to save Jack even if he'd known for sure that Charles was Jack's father. As you say, it doesn't matter who Jack's father was - Caroline was his mother, and Foyle had loved her.)
Guest chapter 15 . 7/2/2012
why doesn't Foyle drive?
sash queen of the jungle chapter 15 . 2/18/2012
Sweet and satisfying ending. Thanks for writing.
sash queen of the jungle chapter 14 . 2/6/2012
Heartbreaking chapter. But I understand why she did what she did. This chapter just demonstrates the determined strength that caroline has and what many a young lady has had to do over the years to protect their lover from disgrace and provide for their child. Tough descision , made my eyes water for poor Christopher, but hoping there is a happy ending somewhere? Thanks for writing and sharing please update soon.
hazeleyes571 chapter 13 . 1/30/2012
'Don't think about it for now. Just pretend this is how it always will be.'

The self deception of secret lovers, so sad!
hazeleyes571 chapter 12 . 1/30/2012
One feels so bad for Caroline. Nasty old Charles. What is it about men with that name that can't be faithful? Still, at least he gave Caroline a clear conscience.
hazeleyes571 chapter 11 . 1/30/2012
So poignant...
hazeleyes571 chapter 10 . 1/30/2012
All that and she wants more; shameless! Quite understand though ;-D
hazeleyes571 chapter 9 . 1/30/2012
Ah, sweet.
hazeleyes571 chapter 8 . 1/30/2012
At last! Clandestine comfort, what a buzz!
hazeleyes571 chapter 7 . 1/30/2012
I always wonder if this sort of 'life experience' if you will, is what makes Foyle so understanding of the complexities of people's love lives. A man who we know to be honourable and decent, who finds himself swept up, has to have a more balanced outlook on the frailties of men and women.
hazeleyes571 chapter 6 . 1/30/2012
Cool water on a summer's day.

Yummy.
hazeleyes571 chapter 5 . 1/30/2012
'It didn't matter that these feelings couldn't last; while she was with him, she was happy.'

How true that can be. I do love a bit of angst, seeing all this when you know how it will work out...
hazeleyes571 chapter 4 . 1/30/2012
One cannot always love wisely or well, but the heart wants what it wants. Poor Christopher, but poor Caroline too!
hazeleyes571 chapter 3 . 1/30/2012
Aw, sweet little Christopher - didn't duck a bullet, but worried about a sponge bath! Brill.
45 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »