Reviews for Fighting Demons
Hack.Drawer chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Good story - I enjoyed reading it! It's nice to see other prespectives from different people of diff backgrounds that could be similar to another. Yup.
Totenkinder Madchen chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
I really like what you're doing with this. Odd, how many of the main characters in G.I. Joe have chronic father issues, but it's neat to see them working through it together. I especially enjoyed your description of Lifeline's thought processes, and how he deals with his own potential anger and angst.

One tiny piece of concrit, if I may-some passages, especially the first part, feel a bit overwritten. Sometimes, especially when describing difficult emotions, less can be more.
CrystalOfEllinon chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
I really don't have a whole lot to say about this other than I really, really enjoyed it. But then I enjoy any fic where there is awesome martial arts, Lifeline being awesome, Billy in any form, and of course Tommy.

Much love :)
CaptainRocket chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
Another good start to a new story. I like that Lifeline is the master of Zen with the ninjas.
Ami Ree chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
Heard rumblings about this story on twitter, but I didn't know it was up.

Wow.

Originally, I was just going to leave the two word review of "It's amazing!" until I got further into the story & realized that unwittingly Lifeline has been somwhat created into an actual Zen master. Leaving the question of if Snake Eyes is the silent Master, and Storm Shadow is the young Master, what are we calling Lifeline? Because I do think even with all the refusals, he just taught Storm Shadow a really good lesson.

So, will be waiting for chapter 2 as this should get really interesting, really fast. : )
PhantomEmpress chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
OOH, Lifeline is GREAT at what he does. A clear head and a calm demeanor are his best attributes. Storm would od well to learn from his examples on certain things. I'm liking this story a LOT.
Linuxgirl chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
Very nice story, though I don't really agree that Tommy doesn't like meditation. I remember a few comic scenes were he seems quite fine with it. But that's just my opinion.

I really enjoyed Lifeline's way of "talking", he really is a bit of a psychologist in his own way.
susan chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
great story I was deeply moved by the way storm shadow send billy to life line for help and Life Line did help him a lot and now storm shadow wants to help life line but life line declined going to akido dojo for traning. karma payback by storm shadow )

he also gave some advice to storm shadow and now they had a mini fude for abot 10 days of male midlife pms..

keep this up I like to see more of life line and the others be in more stories. also I liked low light getting our favorite medic with a paint ball stain. will lowe light keep ambushing the medic w/ paint balls on the target range? update soon I'm so enjoying the story! please and thank you )
Karama9 chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
I want to go 'Awhh!' at Billy taking the cookie with a trembling hand. Poor kid. :)

That was excellent, as I've already told you. I love the talk between Lifeline and Billy; I know of some zen principles but pretty much reacted like Billy when I first heard of them, so his reactions felt very realistic to me.

And Storm Shadow and Lifeline getting into a feud out of trying to help each other better themselves is AWESOME. They totally would. Looking forward to more!
TinySprite chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
Neat story and it's great to see different sides of characters. I wonder how this feud is going to play out...
willwrite4fics chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
This has so much insight into Lifeline and also into Billy and StormShadow too. I really enjoyed it. Giving Lifeline props is always good. Can't wait to see more.
Harry2 chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
Sometimes, it takes a different instrutctor to teach someone what another wants to teach them, but could not. I think that is what Storm Shadow and Lifeline had to learn. And that is a lesson that is never forgotten.