Reviews for Summer Sun
CassandraPaige394 chapter 1 . 10/5/2014
Beautiful. Simply, absolutely beautiful.
Crazy Dyslexic Nerd chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
That was perfect. Beautiful.

-Dyslexic Nerd
Pearl Bramble of Willowbottom chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
This story was beautiful, Lirenel. Ever since reading all of The Chronicles of Narnia, I've wondered if Susan was ever depressed. This story captures both the feelings of depression, and the hope of a better day perfectly!

-Pearl Bramble of Willowbottom.
Historian1912 chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Woah. That was probably one of the best take I have seen on Susan in a long time. As always, good job.

Do you have any recommendationf for Narnia fanfics? It is so hard to find something that doesn't pervert Lewis's work these days.

God bless you and your future endeavors,

Berserker Nightwitch chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
Wonderful take on Susan's turning away from Narnia, her years following the 7th book, and her final return. Thank you for sharing this!

I'm sorry to see you go from the fandom, but still thank you for sharing all of your stories. Good luck and happy writing.
hugs and puppies all around chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
This was so beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes. Although C.S. Lewis didn't finish Susan's story, I've always.
HarmonyLover chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
This is lovely - and such an interesting take on Susan, and on why she grew apart from her siblings after their time in Narnia. Very thoughtful and poignant. You will be so missed, and we will all miss you, though I am so happy that you still have a few stories to share. Thank you for all you have given us, all of the wonderful tales you have told, and best of luck and Aslan's Blessings to you in everything. HL.
FelipeMarcusThomas chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
A beautifully written take on Susan. One can sometimes be jarred by a story featuring one of Their Majesties that show them at less than their best, but that's because we forget that such stories feature them as real people, with real flaws, and not as shallow cardboard two-dimensional characters. That Susan could have turned her back on Narnia because of a misunderstanding of what Aslan's promise to her entailed just seems so believable - much more so than too many stories that explore why she ceased being a friend of Narnia. I used to wish that CS Lewis had written that story for us, but have long since become glad that he didn't. It allows us to imagine whether we ever could turn against Narnia, and under what circumstances.

I'm disappointed that you'll no longer be writing Fan Fiction, but what I've read of yours, I've enjoyed. And by the way, like with WillowDryad, the story of yours that I've enjoyed the most is Jehovah-Jireh.

Good luck in your future writing endeavours, and God Bless.
rainpaint chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
This was a lovely, interesting take on Susan. Although I don't like that she has depression in that I don't want Susan to be depressed, it fit really well with her character. Your interpretation that sometimes Susan didn't feel at home in Narnia, either, wasn't one that I've seen before. Very interesting.

"He had called her softly, with the quiet care of Mrs. Goddard who brought her dinner every day for an entire year, with the happy laughter of Esther and Mary, with the mysterious payment of her rent until she could actually bring herself to return to work." This was beautiful.

I almost wish that there were a section between the part where Susan pushes Aslan away and the part where she's an old woman - maybe a section dealing with the moment in which "she had stepped out into the sun and found the Son." But overall, it was a lovely piece!
zoe alice chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
I'm sorry you're leaving, although I hope you'll leave up your completed stories (I still mean to read them, after all!). This was lovely.
AragornofRedwall chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
Ah, dear Susan, redeemed at long last. Absolutely lovely. Thank you, for everything you've written. God bless you.
Autumnia chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
Oh Susan. How sad to see her feeling so trapped, both in Narnia and in England. To me, she seems like she's a wanderer, always wanting to go somewhere, to be free and to just find where she truly belongs. To know that Lucy and Edmund and even Eustace were given the chance to see Aslan's Country must have hurt her so badly; it's no wonder she turned away from Narnia and Aslan for so long. But at least she did finally get there at the very end.
LAHH chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
Really lovely. Thanks for writing. x
Pawthorn chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
Lovely. Somebody's read "Surprised by Joy" :) Your description of that longing was spot on, especially the bit with the gull and the rain. I've really enjoyed all of your redeemed Susan stories.

I'm a bit sad that you're bringing your Fan Fiction writing days to a close, but I understand. I am glad that you're giving us a few more stories before you go.

Thanks for showing me that Fan Fiction writing can be thoughtful and beautiful.
Sarai chapter 1 . 10/28/2011