Reviews for The Box
xentrya chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
OMG this story gave me the creeps!:)) It was like a horror movie I saw a few years back...Poor Gabby:(( The way in which you described her gradually growing panic and despair is amazing though. Very descriptive and the ending was a surprise...pure evil Xena style...loved it, a fabulous piece.
ivo1617 chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
Very good and detailed description of what Gabby was going through in the box. How did Xena catch that tavern owner though? Gabrielle could have been taken by anyone.
HAZMOT chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
If anything you can count on is Xena to find Gabrielle. The maniac had a befitting end to the hennous and cruel crime he had against innocent children and Gabrielle. :D
Phineas Redux chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
What an amazingly well-written story. I’ve read Poe and Lovecraft and M R James and Bierce; and this story of yours provides just as good a quality of thrilling creepiness. Gabrielle’s character remains true to her nature, while the single barren setting is excellently described. You manage to bring both the physical situation she finds herself in, and the mental anguish she goes through into sharp focus for the reader. And you do so with minimal but exact description. Gabrielle’s and Xena’s speeches are done in a very naturalistic manner. The ending, also, is worthy of the best of the classic horror stories; while also remaining in character with what Xena would indeed feel impelled to do. A great Halloween contribution.
fob forever chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
Hi, good story for the season.

Just a note - It should end, Unable to accept (not except) that ... a mistake we've all made at some time.
Stardawn19 chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
Interesting concept, but I have too many questions. This guy who did this to Gabreille is a real winner... lol... and I think he deserved what he got, but it is kinda of a odd position for Xena to be in. In a way this story is begging for a sequel. I'd like to see how Gabrielle would cope if she found out what Xena did.

On the positive side, this story is certainly unique. You did a great job with the details.. like the hot and cold scenes and how thirsty Gabreille became. I could really identify with the bard, as you brought a lot of these details to life very well.

Over all this is a creepy, yet satisfying!... Halloween tale.. nicely done :).
jelpy1 chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
I like this story. Could use some editing, you tend to use the wrong word sometimes, IE 'except' when you mean 'accept' but over all, I like it. You are improving as a writer. keep it up.