Reviews for Mine Protector
MoonShadowAMR chapter 20 . 9/17/2012
I honestly enjoyed it so far, and although it's been years, I hope you finish it.
TsukiyoTenshi chapter 20 . 8/10/2009
I REALLY LIKE THIS! I STILL can't believe all that's happened! I mean I know, but it's still sinking in . . .

Anyway, PLEASE UPDATE QUICKLY AND SOON (That means ASAP!)! ;)
xxhermionesnapexx chapter 20 . 12/6/2007
this is a GREAT story! i really wish you hadn't abandoned it! Please could you try to finish it?
Megan Consoer chapter 20 . 9/25/2006
I really like this story alot. Can you please write some more chapters?
Althea Grey chapter 20 . 8/3/2004
I randomly found this story off Dark Sarcasm, having read FMKK. I hope that you one day do decide to complete this fic - it is an excellent base to a story, despite your desires for rewrites. Please let me know if you ever revise and complete it, or if you need a "beta" to help you do so. :)
Shabopo chapter 20 . 7/12/2004
Will you ever finish this piece of fiction?
Avestia chapter 20 . 6/22/2004
I really love it! And hope that one day you'll continue on MP! Until then...Good Luck!
Min chapter 20 . 1/6/2004
While I haven't read FMKK, I must say that this fic was fantastic. It's very original as far as I know and you have an excellent way with words. I really liked this fic and I truly hopw that you'll continue this one.
/Min..
fleria chapter 20 . 1/4/2004
this story is awesome! it's well written and original. i hope you pick it up again once you've finished your other story!
Jade121 chapter 1 . 11/4/2003
UPDATE! YOU NEED TO UPDATE
CedarPineSpruce chapter 19 . 10/29/2003
Sorry for being so blunt in my post. They say that people are often more frank in written communication than face to face, this is something that I am obviously quite guilty of. My apologies for my comments, I am sure I would have been able to get my point across without disparaging your other story, and that it is your favourite story makes my comments even more unforgivable.

All I can say is that my enthusiasm for your story made me more passionate and tactless than accommodating.

I wish you all the best in your writing. "Mine Protector" shows great talent and creativity. I hope my praise of it is what you remember rather than my unfavourable words toward FMKK.

Take care ~
theophania chapter 20 . 10/23/2003
completely love keep writing
CedarPineSpruce chapter 20 . 9/11/2003
I love your story, however I am cringing at your author's note. Because this story was so well done, I thought I would try your favourite new story FMKK. I appalled that "Mine Protector" is considered so lowly.

"...Making things up as I went along, and basically without any concept of there being a “fandom canon” of fics that already existed. Once I started reading more fanfic, I realized that I had made a number of missteps in writing this, both in characterization and plot. I eventually grew uncomfortable with continuing the story and wanted to start anew with a brand-new concept that reflected my now-thorough knowledge of HP fanfiction."

There are several points in the above excerpted author's note that I cannot let slide by. Hopefully I will be able to convey why "Mine Protector" is unequivocally a superior story to "Faster Mudblood! Kill! Kill!"

A Fandom Canon

Why should other Harry Potter fanfiction author's works change *your* story? If you write according to a "Fandom Canon," what worth are your stories? Logically you are rewriting what someone else wrote, and why should I read that? If I want, I'll read the original story. I don't know why you feel as a writer you should write what everyone else is writing about. Writing a story is about your creativity, your imagination, your fluidness with words and your passion. I do not recognise such a thing as fandom canon. It is an insult to all the imaginative writers who were inspired by JK Rowling's books.

Missteps in Writing Mine Protector in Characterization and Plot

What missteps? What is wrong with the characterization and plot? You have an original story. Be proud, that in such a saturated fandom, you wrote a original story. It is a laudable achievement. Don't rewrite your story because it is not a dreary cookie cutter of someone else's. Yes, the story is not perfectly polished, but it is still a beautiful jewel. FMKK is a plastic thingamabob, Mine Protector is an actual jewel. I cannot conceive how FMKK is more appealing to you. There are painters/artists that can paint a canvas to produce near-photograph perfect images, and that is nice in it's own right, it shows the artist's skill. However the most able and visionary artists, produce works of art that are powerful in their ability to enchant your senses. Degas, Monet, Manet, Gaugan, Van Goh: they are acclaimed because their art has that ability to do something ethereal to us. If you look at the paintings close up they are quite rough, the paint messy, unappealing and amateurish. However, you took a brush and tried to even the ridges and swirls of paint, all the energy of the piece, all the raw emotion and power would be stripped away with each smoothing stroke.

Brand-New Concept That Reflected My Now-Thorough Knowledge Of Hp Fanfiction

Your brand new concept was a trend that has come and will go. Your "now-thorough knowledge of HP fanfiction," has misled you. Trends and fads mean nothing to the artist. Only your work is of consequence. Mine Protector is an original piece of work, it will stand the time, not the fad-ish FMKK. FMKK, is generic and truthfully: badly written. It is like reading the Harry Potter version of 60's Beach movies with Annette Funachello. I could not read beyond the first few chapters.

Mine Protector is a excellent story, it has originality, charm and power, it is worthy of praise, of awards, and it's own author's love. Awkward is good a good thing, and that the story does not behave how you want it is a good indication - an excellent indication that you have something special. It lives on it's own. Let it. Don't submit it to your will. It's a sentient story. In your author's note, you say you don't know why fans of MP, aren't interested in FMKK; I write this to help you understand what I see. A further point, 'fluff and romance?' This story is tragedy, drama, angst, adventure, straight out. Helena is a walking tragedy! She is a heroin in the footsteps of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and just as relevant.

I am simply perplexed at your view of your beautiful creation. The reason why I wrote this was to ask you not to rewrite this story into a version of FMKK. Take some time, years even if necessary, to achieve the maturity and wisdom to let this story come out in all its glory, if that is what it will take for you to understand the value of this original work.

Can you tell that the words "a vast and extensive re-write" fill me with absolute horror in regards this to beautiful story?

On behalf of "Mine Protector," this reader finds it innocent of the crimes it has been accused of, and without question undeserving of the various tortures that the author wishes to inflict upon it.

All the best to you, and thank you for reading my review ~
Nissy Padfoot chapter 20 . 7/16/2003
I know you are busy with your other fanfic, but I just figured I leave a review. I hope that you do plan on updating this story soon. I personally don't see what you'd want to change about it. I love it and I really wish you didn't leave it off right where it got interesting! But, life isn't fair, neh? I just hope that you'll consider adding another chapter one day. Until then, I'll be waiting patiently.
Jade121 chapter 20 . 6/17/2003
I love the way this is progressing... keep writting!