Reviews for A Little Fall of Rain
pbfn242751 chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
it was definitely different...but i definitely liked it! as for my favorite? well, the part that i'm assuming takes place after 'Aliyah', with Tony upseet about Ziva being left in Israel and thinking that he will never see her again is my favorite, but it was all good! i don't know if you were intending this or not, but rain is extremely symbolic of a lot of the key moments in the show. obviously, in Kill Ari, but wasn't in raining at the end of Aliyah, too? and it was raining during a few more important moments throughout the years, too. so yeah, i thought it was pretty good, and i liked the moments that you brought up, as well as the end! i thought you did a great job writing this, so kudos to you! :)
Anonymous033 chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
So...

I've been 'encouraging' you to post this...and I only just had time to read it.

:( might I interest you in a long review that could serve as an apologetic gift or a bribe so that you will spare my life, whichever suits your fancy?

Definitely a random and pointless fic, haha. But who cares? You make random and pointless become meaningful and profound. Hee look, I just used big words :D

No, I'm not high on medication. But I am a bit high on your fic, because you can't make Tony kiss Ziva in the rain and not have me interested, okay? You can't.

And that is my subtle way of telling you that I really like the fic, because Ziva really likes that kiss.

I like the first part! It sounds so...childish - in a good way, y'know? Like Tony actually had innocence in his childhood. And I appreciate that. I love the way you've described the rain; you're very impressive at coming up with many adjectives for it!

The second part haunted me *shivers*. I'm not too clear about the story of Cain and Abel, because I'm technically Buddhist...LOL but it haunts me...that perfect circle and the hysteric mirth. Ziva, her life is so tragic! And I find a certain bit of irony in the fact that her forehead had slammed into the glass. I don't know if you meant it, but I find it there.

I nearly went into hysteric mirth myself as this: "...gnashing her pearly little angel teeth and devising seventy-two ways to kill him with her halo." Because it's so...so Ziva, and so Tony to think that of Ziva, and yet this whole thing is just so heartbreaking! And that sentence about white not being her colour KILLS me. But his longing for her is just so raw and painful...*sobs*.

Guhhh. The fourth part. The beeping. The sleeping pills...for a moment there I thought she was trying to kill herself. It scared me so much...and then, there's no more beeping. And that breaks my heart too.

The flowers and lipstick and bling. Are you TRYING to make me laugh hysterically? 'Cause it's like...I can't...*sobs*. How messed up does he have to be to start thinking like that? And his PG-13 movie lines and white marble headstones and his string bikini and his stars...live and die in a Tony way, I guess. Creys!

Haha, and then they're kissing. I can't POSSIBLY express how this bit of carefreeness and sweetness after all that angst makes the sun creep out a bit in my world (and that's saying something, since it's at night and raining here). Because that's how awesome a writer you are, Styx. And I love, love, love the last sentence.

I can't pick my favourite. They're all my favourites. You've written this incredibly.

Soph

P.S. Is it long enough for you to spare my life? *Puppy-dog eyes*
catherine ampere chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
You know what a fan I am of your stories.

They were all terrific. I loved it! You have a real knack for writing and you spin these eloquent descriptions that are both captivating and accurate.

Well done.
starryjules chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
Somehow I wasn't logged in when I left last night's review, but that's me just below! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
I think it was rather fantastic...Favorite lines/parts go to:

And her father will be proud, and her co-workers will be envious, and Michael will tease her with a lopsided grin that crooks at one corner like the head of a snake.

Because she hates him - hated him - and right now she is probably looking down on him and sneering, gnashing her pearly little angel teeth and devising seventy-two ways to kill him with her halo. But that isn't right, because Ziva was a killer and Ziva was a liar and Ziva was cold-eyed and white never was her color.

And I love the section with Ziva's mom, really beautiful imagery.

Was it random? Yes. Pointless? Nothing is pointless if you feel you have something to say. Was it good? I certainly think so, and you should too!
PodDoc chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
I really like the imminent death scene.. i dont like to think of either of them dying but the imagery was amazing.
M E Wofford chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
I don't know which one is my favorite.

I liked them all.

Maybe the one where Ziva takes Ari's body back to Israel is #1 and Tony after hearing that Ziva is dead.
Love Potion Number 9 chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
Is it bad?...kinda...it's just all a little bit confusing, i'm sure you probably know what you mean, but as a reader it was all a bit unfinished and strange...maybe try explaining the scenes more clearly and it would be a better piece, but It's a nice enough idea. :)
wondercloud chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
...Confusing? But I really liked the intro.