Reviews for And In The Darkness Bind Him
A Elbereth chapter 16 . 10/8/2002
Wow! What an awesome story! I loved that it was so lengthy. The details were amazing! For some strange reason my favorite part was when Frodo's stomach was so sensitive. To me it became the most suspensful then! Wonderful Job!
easterlily41482 chapter 16 . 10/2/2002
Ainur,

Once again you have captured me into your fic. This last chapter was beautifully written and well worth the wait. I loved how Gandalf and Sam were reflecting on Frodo and the journey. And I really especially loved the last part where Frodo was staring at the ceiling and the two of them were content. What a wonderful fic. Congratulations on a job well done and written!

~ Amelia
LilyBaggins chapter 16 . 9/25/2002
Ainur, a wonderful, lovely story... I'm sad to see it end. You make me sympathize so with my favorite hobbit... and write with such nitty-gritty detail. I loved it, every minute of it.

Now, cannot wait for more of "September" and hope you have other Frodo niceties... or not so niceties... for us. :)
tiggivon chapter 16 . 9/23/2002
well worth the wait. i especially loved the way frodo a woke and looked at the ceiling. the way you described his eyes and how he didn't notice gandalf was brilliant.

the whole story was so beautifully written with such painstaking detail.

thankyou for the story. i shall await the mnext part of september which i have also enjoyed.

tiggivon.x
shirebound chapter 16 . 9/23/2002
Oh, what a marvelous ending! Such hope and perseverence. I love that you ended it showing the similarities (not differences) between those who appear so different (wizards and hobbits) but share the same hopes and fears.

Wonderful story!
shirebound chapter 15 . 9/23/2002
You're back! Yay! I'm SO glad this story is continuing. Sam's dedication is so wonderfully written. On to the last chapter...
Tangelian Proudfoot chapter 16 . 9/23/2002
Ainur... I'm at loss of words here, this story is a real masterpiece! I really loved the ending too; the reader can really feel the serenety of Rivendell...

Just returned home from a mountain trip yesterday, and missed your one chaptered fic... but will check it out right now. Thank you so much for posting this story at !

Hugs;

Tangelian
tiggivon chapter 15 . 9/22/2002
thankyou. it was worth waiting for. stoties that are written at the author's pace are better than writing a story too quickly.

i've enjoyed it so far and the detail has been incredible. i'm enjoying september too. i love your style of writing.

tiggivon.x
Ancalime8301 chapter 16 . 9/22/2002
You finally finished it! I'm so proud of you. :) Though I had to go back and reread some to remember what the heck was going on. :p And since you finished this, I guess I can wait a little longer for the next chap of September (though do you realize you left it in a very bad place? I'm dying from suspense!). Oh, thanks for mentioning my fic! I'm tickled that people have enjoyed it as much as they have-I wrote that purely as an outlet for some of my frustration. :)

Anyway, about YOUR fic!

Ah, yes, that is the question, isn't it? Why DID Frodo take the Ring? . . . Did Tolkien really even have a specific reason? :p I like your ending-it has closure and all of that-and I especially appreciate it because I'm trying to figure out how to end a current fic-in-progress (I haven't started posting it on ff.n yet). I just hope I can come up with something of this caliber! :)

So, in short, good fic, and while delays are annoying, they are QUITE understandable, since fanfic unfortunately is not a profession! If only . . . :p
easterlily41482 chapter 15 . 7/29/2002
I can't believe I haven't read this story before. It's wonderful! Oh my goodness. Kept me on the edge of my seat while sitting here and reading the whole thing. It's funny isn't it how different things look when we read it after we've written it? I've noticed the same thing as happened to me with my two stories as I've had to go back to my first one a lot recently to clear stuff up. Good luck with your new job and hope it's all working out for you!

~ Amelia
Plientje chapter 15 . 7/24/2002
I'm glad for Frodo that it's over :D This was very sweet... Continue soon pleaz...
LilyBaggins chapter 15 . 7/24/2002
Oh, so glad you updated! Another fantastic chapter-I enjoyed the way you showed Sam's loyalty to Frodo-and Gandalf's musings. So sweet. Looking forward to more!
frodolover chapter 15 . 7/23/2002
Although I haven't reviewed , I'm reading from the first chapter, and enjoying this story very much.

I'm glad you've finally updated :)
Floria Tosca chapter 15 . 7/22/2002
Finally! I really like this story, and I'm glad that you've updated. Thanks for not ignoring Sam, even though the tale is more Frodo-centric. Your characters are pretty well-drawn, and the story is dramatic. My only complaint is that there's only one chapter left!
Tulip Proudfoot chapter 15 . 7/22/2002
I felt like I had been waiting forever for an update to this. Thank you for the new chapter. Well done. I especially liked the part where Sam almost insists on using good ole tried-n-true hobbit bandages rather than sewing up the wound.
105 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »