Reviews for Das Haus aus Wachs
leebeenz chapter 1 . 7/11
This was an awesome story. And as a Carter fan, I loved seeing how he got angry and took on Williams. And I think Klink makes a great Nimrod. I love the idea that the bumbling Colonel is all an act and he's really the greatest allied spy.
Winterfrost15 chapter 13 . 5/28
This is honestly one of the most superb stories I've had the pleasure of reading here in the HH fandom. I loved how you built up the tension and mystery, and all of the clues leading up to the reveal of Williams was wonderfully done. You also gave a plausible explanation for Kinch's absence in Season Six - kudos to you for that!

I was thrilled to find out who Nimrod was, too. It certainly made sense. :-)
la-hija-de-Dios chapter 8 . 6/25/2015
It's that one guy from that episode! 'Member? "There's One in Every Crowd"? Poor Newkirk!
LittleMissSpitfire chapter 13 . 12/17/2014
That was wonderful! I thoroughly enjoyed it. :-)
And I love the idea of Klink as Nimrod; Those clues seen to be a pretty strong indicator that he is, and also I have always thought that Klink isn't quite as stupid as he seems.
But anyway, great job!
steffiundaxel chapter 13 . 12/2/2014
Really good story! I guessed at the end that Klink has to be Nimrod, and I agree with you that he is the most likely for that character from his actions in some episodes in the TV show. I would like to read the story of Olsen and Kinch against the Spider Web network, and I am curious to where your storyline will go.
Glossina chapter 13 . 12/8/2013
Please, please, please write a spin off of Olsen and Kinch.
Glossina chapter 9 . 12/8/2013
I had it figured out from chapter six or seven but still, this is great. It's kept me on my toes.
I'm sick in bed and it's a wonderful read to keep me occupied.
Glossina chapter 3 . 12/8/2013
LOL, I've read the first three chapters so far and it sounds like something out of a movie called Murder By Death.
eternal stars 5 chapter 13 . 7/28/2012
I know it has been a while since you have published and completed this story, but I still had to leave even just a short review. I have only recently watched the Hogan's Heroes episodes, and am currently in the first few of season 5. As such, I don't know the characters or plot lines nearly as well as I do other series, but despite that, your story had me hooked from the first chapter. Very well written all around: it was plausible, captured the character's essence and kept me on the edge of my seat for the duration of the story. Kudos to you!
snowleopard13 chapter 13 . 3/5/2012
This was a very good story. I enjoyed the suspense as the heroes try to find a way out of this situation without leaving the others behind. Nice touch on bring an old adversary back to go after Hogan and the Heroes. I like you thinking on who Nimrod is in your world.

I would love to see Nimrod work with the Heroes more secretly of course maybe they find out closer to the end of the war but not before Chistmas of 1944.

The desperate story on Olsen and Kinch new mission would be good but I would like to see it relate back to Hogan and the heroes back at stalag 13. Maybe they have to help out somehow.

Keep up the good work.
mmwaveprincess chapter 13 . 2/24/2012
. In case this long word disappers too that was a an extended whoa. Anyways that was mind blowing. Hmm I keep saying that. Guess it just means everyone here's talented :D

My favorite part was when Carter got angry. I think his blood was up. No really its just awesome to see angry Carter and not angry german general. So much more scary from young Carter. *sigh* I love the guy cuz hes awesome like that. Let all those Hogan fanactics and Newkirk philes have those guys. I'll take Carter any day! Though not like yknow cuz like I'd have to be like ten years older so for now I'll just adore him as like...i dunno a cool character. Yay Carter~

I officialy LOVE this story. Great job!
mmwaveprincess chapter 9 . 2/24/2012
wasn't going to review until i read all the chapters but...

first off hear pounding thriller. i LOVE this. See THIS is the sort of thing I wish had been going on(more) in the seires. The danger, the intrigue. Its not so much actual torture that is needed for drama but rather suspense. Twists and turns that sets your heart to thudding against your chest.

Second off: How come it took me this long to figure out it's Williams? I didn't get it at all. I mean sure I watched that episode but...I don't know I just never connected it to here until the whole Williams thing just now. I'll never be a great detective that's for sure. But wow that was a suprise...shocker really.
Nona Suymo chapter 13 . 1/14/2012
Awesome!

I was thinking that you would put Klink as Nimrod, but I've read explanations from other people in defense of other characters being Nimrod: Newkirk, Hochstetter, Hogan himself, or even Schultz or Carter!

Over all, you did an awesome job and kept me hooked 'til the end! (My internet was down for a few weeks and I was going crazy not reading the updates for this story...!)

I can't wait to read more from you. :)
Goldleaf83 chapter 13 . 1/13/2012
Quite an amazing story: I’ve been unable to read much for a while, so this story had gotten away from me, and I read from chapter 4 onwards in one gulp this evening. Well plotted story, with plenty of twists and turns and some horror-movie shadings to keep readers on the edge of their seats! But by the end you accounted for all the balls you had up in the air and left us with a tantalizing possibility for continuation (which I certainly hope you will as time and inspiration allow).

Good characterization of all the principle characters, particularly Hogan as events knock him off balance, then finding his equilibrium again as he figures out what’s going on. I like how you show him so rattled that his men note he’s behaving uncharacteristically to Hochstetter. Nice Klink/Hogan interaction in the museum as well, when Klink saves Hogan, setting us up for later. Newkirk, LeBeau, and Carter are well drawn, especially Carter in his decision to not be a push-over any more, and the way he pulls rank shortly afterwards, helping save the day.

Great choice of villain, well developed, and the Spider Web network is a neat idea worth exploring further. I was really wondering how you’d pull it all together to account for all the disappearances and weird wax figures, but it all worked: clearly you’d worked it all out well in advance to make it come out so cleanly and believably.

The final chapter is a treat: I wasn’t quite sure who Nimrod was, but the line about looking the other way suggested which way it would most likely go to me and it worked out as I’d guessed. (Could have applied to the other two also, though, so well done!) Ingenious way of explaining the personnel changes too. A great read!
snooky-9093 chapter 13 . 1/12/2012
Catching up on my reading for the PBA's. Everytime I speak with ColHogan she would ask, did you read the wax museum story yet! So I did. I read it in one sitting on my little IPOD touch last night, and boy, as Carter would say;..What a treat! Twists and turns and mystery and suspense, oh, my. I loved a "nasty" Carter...and the epilogue. Great catch with those scenes with Klink. Loved the explanation for how Kinch and Olsen leave. (Sequel please) Poor he can not be named. (Don't want to give anything away( He has returned to seek revenge in mor ethan one tale. One thing with Olsen and KInch...the people who have too much time on their hands, and who set up a timeline for every episode based on historical events, on the HH wiki, explained that Olsen and Kinch had to be there the entire time! Go figure..LOL. Marking this as a fav.