Reviews for Caroline and Richard: Season Five, Part 1
Scoutieout chapter 17 . 11/16/2013
Any hopes for that sequel? Pretty please? :)
Smart Charlie chapter 17 . 10/25/2012
I loved this story and I'm so looking forward to the sequel. And thanks for sharing your process with us.
Linge chapter 16 . 9/22/2012
This is one of the best fanfics I've ever read, you are an amazing writer. You know these characters so well. I love how you ended it, so sweet! Can't wait for the sequel!
mswaichingliu81 chapter 17 . 9/19/2012
after reading the last couple of chapters, i have to say you did a fantastic job. you really nailed the characters well and managed to give us closure with richard and caroline. something the writers in the series failed to do.

great to have another fan of the CITC who loves it as much as I do, as well as that of the caroline/richard ship'.

just want to point out a few things:

''I hated Randy an awful lot when I watched the show (even now its difficult for me to re-watch episodes in which he's featured)'' i never liked the guy, he irritated me, and i hated how he came between caroline and richard towards the very end of the series. had randy appeared say earlier in season 3 and remained in 4 as caroline's crush/love interest, then i can understand him falling for caroline. but during season 4 when caroline and richard were together? c'mon! that was a bad storyline.

''Caroline was never totally in touch with her real feelings. I think a lot of the show's original plot came from that premise. Going all the way back to the first season, its clear that she and Richard were starting to develop feelings for each other'' again, this was something the writers failed to not only grasp but also didn't manage to address throughout the series. it is a shame that because i love this show and of the caroline character.

''I couldn't imagine Caroline running off with Richard right at the wedding. It seemed too quick and easy. Caroline isn't someone who runs out on her commitments.'' back when season 4 aired in 99', i thought this was something she ought to have done. but nowadays, you are right. she's not that of person who'd do such a thing.

''I also wanted to undercut any idea that they might belong together (whoever might have had this silly, silly idea). I wanted to really delve into the disintegration of their relationship. I didn't want Randy to be 'the perfect guy'. I wanted him to be a human being. I wanted him to be someone who gets jealous and angry and upset. I couldn't imagine anyone just stepping aside and allowing some other guy to take his girl.'' i'm glad you did this

And even the most avid fan of the show must admit that, in ways, Randy was better for Caroline. Richard IS a difficult person. There's no way around that. That was one of the biggest themes of the show, and certainly in stories involving their feelings for each other. as a huge fan of CITC- and i have all the seasons on DVD and seen every single episode, i never saw randy like that. although richard, yes he was difficult. extremely difficult to deal with.

but you know what? that was one of the challenges of the show; in that with caroline and richard who are complete opposites of each other, it's how they overcome the situations, hurdles, problems they face together, in spite of their differences. and that all they had was their love for one another. that's what i loved most about their relationship.

i loved the last chapter- it moved me so much and it reminds me how much i love caroline and richard as a couple. her turning up on the plane in her wedding dress facing richard, and of him knowing she still has feelings for him, it was just beautiful.

great fic- looking forward to the follow-up to this story, if you do manage to write one and post it on here. i so want to know what happens later on with caroline and richard. :-)
Carebearmaxi chapter 17 . 9/17/2012
It is so nice to see how a writer goes through their processes. I thought the ending was appropriate. You echoed so many of my own sentiments in analyzing what happened between Caroline and Richard. Loving difficult people is not easy. I should know my ex was rather difficult. However, if they love you in return, it makes all the difference as with Caroline and Richard their love was based on a mutual respect and involvement in each other's lives (whether Richard liked it or not) Great story. Cannot wait until you write your sequel.
Carebearmaxi chapter 15 . 9/5/2012
You really nailed the characters. IF there had been a Season Five I could not have thought of one more needing every ounce of attention as the one you have composed here. Cannot wait until your next chapter. Thanks.
Linge chapter 15 . 9/2/2012
I just spent the last two hours in bed reading this story, and I am completely in love with it. Your vivid descriptions of the feelings these two clearly have for each other has drawn me in, and I desperately need a happy ending to this wonderful tale of sincere amore (the only two words that do Caroline and Richard justice, le sigh). Please please PLEASE finish this soon, I can hardly wait!
wliu81 chapter 15 . 8/26/2012
i loved the last paragraph and line of chapter 15. can't wait for what could be the penultimate ending to this story.
Scoutieout chapter 15 . 8/19/2012
Oh, I really want them together, but I also don't want this fix to end! I miss this show do much, and your story really brings it back to life. Love the updates!
wliu81 chapter 14 . 7/21/2012
randy is annoying me now. hopefully, the sooner he goes away the better.

also, i was hoping you'll wrap up this season 5, as i really want to see closure and an ending with caroline and richard.
ChristyFan4Life chapter 13 . 7/1/2012
This is a perfect story! I can't believe how spot-on the dialogue is. Well done! But when is the next chapter being posted?
jbangelo chapter 13 . 6/20/2012
Randy is very charming but I want him to go away, haha. He and Caroline both need to take a step back and look at what's really going on. Clearly their relationship is not as solid as they thought. I did enjoy your characterization of Randy in this part though, particularly his little "fairy godmother" joke. It seemed like a very Randy-like tease. :) Now hurry back and tell me what they see!
jbangelo chapter 12 . 5/29/2012
Oh, I'm so glad you updated! I was missing this story. And what a wonderful part full of happy flashbacks. :) I particularly enjoyed the battle of wills. ;) Keep it coming, please!
jbangelo chapter 11 . 4/19/2012
YAY an update! I really like your portrayal of the Del/Annie relationship. It's a shame we didn't get to see it developed more on the show. Also love your portrayal of Annie - very in character. I loved it when she said to Del, "Don't tell me you're rooting for that ray of darkness." I could totally hear Annie saying that in my head. Great part - hurry back!
jbangelo chapter 10 . 4/11/2012
I typically do not read in progress stories, but I was struck by the first two chapters of this one because you seem to have such a good grasp on the characters of Caroline and Richard and their relationship. So I kept reading, and I'm really enjoying this. I've only recently gotten into CITC and I was looking for a nice epic post-finale story, and this one definitely fits the bill. I'm loving the way things are progressing and I particularly enjoyed this last chapter. The flashback scene was adorable. I wish there were more "missing moment" fics set in S4. I also loved the almost kiss at the end. I could feel their chemistry coming off the page. Like I said, you are doing really well with the characterizations and they dynamic between the characters - you've even got the Richard/Annie banter down. ;) Anyway, please keep going! I look forward to reading more.