Reviews for Things Left Unsaid
kayjay triquetra chapter 14 . 8/12/2014
Found this very belatedly, and had forgotten how unsatisfying the tv version was for the lovely couple, but this has been great and really well written - now I want to watch it again knowing what is going on in the background!
harnicem chapter 14 . 1/30/2013
I loved this story. You did such a great job fleshing out Tom and Sybil's story.

I'm now going to check on what else you have written

Great job.
lizdarcy1813 chapter 14 . 11/15/2012
I loved your story! And I agreed with you, there were so many moments we missed of this two, in all the seasons I think, if it were for me, Downton Abbey would had been just about them, and of course I would NEVER have kill Sybil. But at least in our fanfic universe they're alive and happy!
Andorra97 chapter 14 . 10/6/2012
Thank you for this wonderful story. I really enjoyed it!
7gifts chapter 14 . 8/17/2012
Lovely ending to an interesting story.
7gifts chapter 3 . 8/17/2012
Love love their interaction here. The way Sybil was practically apoplexed at him being called up was endearing. I really wish this happened in canon.
7gifts chapter 2 . 8/17/2012
I like what I am reading so far. This beautifully encapsulates all the things we didn'tt see in canon, thank you.
SunWillRise2340 chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Wow! I loved Love at the Crossroads and I love this one. Thank-you so much for filling out the plot-holes in the whole Branil saga!
ScarletCourt chapter 14 . 3/2/2012
As promised, here is my review. :) Sorry it is late.

I think you did a fabulous job with this final chapter. It tied up everything into a neat package and sent our Dynamic Duo on their way to Ireland. It was an absolute pleasure to read (and review).

Lovely start for Tom to feel surly from Robert's visit the day before and I love it that you even gave the innkeeper a name and a wife. :) It never even crossed my mind when I wrote the Grantham Arms scenes.

Tom is ever industrious! Already thinking of his job in Ireland and he hasn't even left.

What a lovely surprise for Sybil to show up in person after nursing her mother. I loved seeing Tom taking care of her. I view the two of them as gardeners (in the flower/gardener sense of a relationship) and two gardeners are the best of the possible combinations.

So true that Sybil saw the life drain out of Lavinia. When I was watching that scene, I was thinking poor girl, she couldn't even die in peace without all the Crawleys hovering about. Matthew, Isobel, Dr. Clarkson and Sybil should have been there, but did she really need Mary, Edith and Robert?

I like that you had Tom thinking about what it was like for Matthew to have lost his love just before the wedding and how that could transpose onto his own situation. It was really well done.

Sybil's nightmare and calling out for Tom not to leave her and then Tom soothing her back to a deep sleep by lying down next to her and holding her was wonderful to see. More of that gardening that we all need. :) Poor Tom though, that bed was narrow. I'm sure he was stiff after holding her until she woke up later on in the afternoon!

You know, we never saw Sybil break down emotionally on the show after the initial "All the men I danced with are dead" bit, but you know that it occurred to both of us that she needed a good cry with Tom for support. I really wished that JF didn't cram so much into the last episode before the Christmas Special. Would have been nice to see this. It might have turned some of the haters into believers!

Oh you tease! You had them half undressed on a bed and then stopped! LOL. Damn their agreement and sense of honor and rightness!

I liked that you had them talk about having a home of their own and Sybil's one track mind to a bedroom of their own.

I liked that when Tom dropped Sybil off at the gate that Sybil had transition her emotional state from her own family to the unit that she forms with Tom. That's an important leap in their emotional development and I liked how you wrote it.

I really liked how you had Tom and Sybil interact with Anna and Bates and Carson and Mrs Hughes. It was really well done. Loved how Carson emphasized Lady Sybil, just like Robert did in the show. :) Mrs Hughes is on Tom's side all the way to the end for the win.

I liked that you had Sybil go visit Anna after Bates's arrest and talk a little. I really liked how you had Mrs. Patmore bring them a basket of food for their journey. Nice touch! Also like how you merged Edward and Pratt together into one. :) So how did Tom find out about Bates's arrest? I guess Sybil must have called him to let him know.

I love this sentiment, "You are my future and my place now is with you". I think that for Sybil to do all that she did to be with Tom that this is the reason behind it and it was lovely to see that she verbalized it to Tom.

So sad that this story is at an end. This last chapter was an utter joy to read and let me assure you that I've read it a number of times already. :) Thank you for writing it!

I really hope you do a one-shot follow on, either picking up where we were left dangling at the Grantham Arms or an epilogue.

P.S. In this sentence, "Eventually, they arrived at the wrought iron gate near the front entrance of large neo-gothic residence." I think you may be missing the word "the" between "of" and "large".

P.P.S. I think this sentence,"I'm sure they'll miss you equally as much," is a bit jumbled with two concepts "equally" and "just as much".
paulette chapter 14 . 3/2/2012
This was a wonderful, moving fic. You have satisfyingly filled in all the many gaps. Please don't give up now. There are still so many gaps to fill in - the journey to Dublin, the meeting with Tom's family, arranging the marriage, the refusal of Lord G to attend, Edith and Mary's trip for the wedding, the wedding night and honeymoon, Tom's new job, Sybil's pregnancy and the situation in Ireland. We need someone with your talent and imagination to fill in all those gaps for us. Please, please write soon!
edwardfiend chapter 14 . 3/1/2012
Fantastic fic! Absolutely loved it. I think you did a fab job of filling in all the holes in this ship. :)
Harry and George chapter 14 . 2/29/2012
Ahhh... sigh... what a beautiful end to this beautifully written story. Thank you so much for this and I really do hope that you might do a one shot! I also look forward to reading more of your stories in the future (I hope). I of course loved the scene in the bedroom which really cemented their future loves together - fantastic work!
btvs chapter 14 . 2/29/2012
Thank you so much got this story, I'm really sad to it finish but you've done it beautifully, especially the last chapter. I loved the 'beautiful mess' part. Brilliant stuff. Emma x
FlamingSkies chapter 14 . 2/29/2012
A fitting end to a beautifully written story - thank you so much for writing this. I'm looking forward to the next promised story and also wonder what you think the future might hold for them in Dublin. Would love to read much more of your Sybil and Branson.
savannahhershey chapter 14 . 2/29/2012
A wonderful conclusion to a lovely story! I've really enjoyed your take on the missing moments between Sybil/Tom and I do hope you write a one shot sequel!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share this story with us! :D