Reviews for some way, baby, it's a part of me
ItsaGleeThing chapter 1 . 5/4
I adore this fic.
lydiamartins chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
okay, this is absolutely fabulous and i know for sure that this is my favorite glee oneshot or story or anything because it's just so canon and amazing at the same time.
/faving out of incoherence
54567890-98765 chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
the more I read this story, the more I fall in love with it. absolutely wonderful and perfect
luafontes chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
love all your stories! this is adorable!
LC 86 chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
So according to this story, because I drink tea, I will get Finn to love me. I totally down with that. Hee, :)

A cute little story. Will read more soon!
Morgan chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
this is sooo adorable! I love how Rachel tries to defy it, but she can't because Finn is too hard to resist!
all-delightedpeople chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Okay, so it's 3:16 a.m. and part of me just wants to write "MG, YOU ARE PERFECT AND THIS WAS PERFECT," but I feel like I owe it to you to write more than that since I've been flailing in your askbox for the better part of an hour. Where do I even start, though! I legitimately do love everything about this fic - even just the concept, which has the potential to be cliche, you make completely original and intriguing and complicated and beautiful. You've also made Finn and Rachel original and intriguing and complicated and beautiful yet in essence still true to the characters we know and love - which is a thin, difficult line to straddle but by jove you've done it! Also, your prose here is ridiculously beautiful. As much as I hate cigarettes your descriptions of Rachel smoking are all so damn wonderful that it almost (not really but you know what I mean) makes me reconsider. Also this sentence: "It's a headlong, impetuous leap he's taking as their bodies collide, and he feels like he both can't breathe and doesn't need to. He's a cloud, and she's the only thing anchoring him to earth, and his heart leaps into his throat and falls into his stomach. There are constellations on her skin as his fingers run over her bare stomach, and each time he presses a kiss to her is a symphony" ? N. I think I read through it like three times because it's just so pretty and stirring and lovely. As is the entire story. Excellent, excellent, excellent job. I want to read this over and over and over again :')
egyouppt chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
I'm just going to tell you right now that I sort of (re: definitely) teared up a bit, by the section where they both admit they love each other. But anyway.

First of all can I say that I LOVE the implication of Finn and Santana being friends, because that's great. And you wrote Finn so well throughout the whole fic, but I enjoyed his edginess, as well as Rachel's. And it's sort of amusing how he just calls up Rachel randomly because he's lonely, but I think it works because they're both the sort of people who happen upon the best things unexpectedly.

I think you got their interactions down perfectly. And how they both find each other a little aggravating, but also intriguing and you captured that in a way that made them endearing both to each other and to the reader, to me anyway.

Also I love how finn always calls her baby and stuff, and while she corrects him per se, it's not like she really hates it. The scene where she talks about her dad; that was heartbreaking and beautiful. and basically how do you write okay. you know, I think Rachel being addicted to smoking is kind of interesting but not, like, implausible. because you've managed to take everything that makes rachel who she is but apply it to this specific setting you've created, so she's still completely in character. and so is finn. that's fantastic. and also Finn wanting to be an artist and then knowing he couldn't make it? Sadness. But again, it brings up that lack of self-confidence that is a large part of finn, and was a bigger part before he met Rachel (in the show). but also firefighter!finn is super hot, but also one of the most realistic career choices for Finn, I think. But mostly I just love how comfortable they are around each other, even when they don't want to admit it.

I love that Finn knows he's in love with Rachel, but doesn't bring it up because he promised he wouldn't. Oh! Which reminds me of the earlier scene where Rachel tells him to prove that love isn't bullshit and he says no because he promised her he wouldn't. I just LOVE that part because that's way before they really know each other the way they eventually come to, but Finn is still so willing to keep promises he made to her, even though he already knows he could fall in love with her. like honestly, that's one of the greatest things I've ever read.

right, onward. I also really adore the part where they talk about being best friends. because I think in any setting, that's completely true, but it shows how vulnerable they both are.

and I talked about the next part already, but it was so perfect. where finn says he knew he promised he wouldn't fall in love with her and stuff, but it happened and he needs her. there's just a branch in my eyes nbd. basically you're perfect okay. and so is the last part. Lol Finn going to her first show eight times. ALSO

" She's a bit of a paradox, a dichotomy of childlike and damaged, and he loves that she falls in the in-between of life."

this is is SO brilliant, okay. it's seriously perfect and I don't have any better adjectives, sorry so I have to keep repeating myself.

I really love the progression of this story, and the way it flows. I think you capture all the right (and confusing) emotions of both Finn and Rachel and do so in a way that works perfectly with the setting and context that you put them in. So fantastic job.
monroeslittle chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
I really, really loved this! You write so beautifully, adding a kind of elegance and beauty to the story, and you really draw a reader in! I haven't been this sucked into a story in a long time! And I love how you write Finn and Rachel - still as the characters we know and love but a little different, too, a little hardened from a past of which we only have glimpses. You introduce their past and why Rachel is so different from how we know her with perfect timing, only then to reveal that Rachel really is *our* Rachel underneath that, a discover that Finn makes too. Gah! It was just perfect!

I loved the angst throughout, how their whole relationship was a house of cards until Finn tore it down himself, and then there was a happy ending! And that it's still a little uncertain, still a little scary - a baby already, when they're so young and unmarried - but somehow everything will turn out okay. Perfect. I could rave all day about it! :)
angeltaz-7 chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
great writing. would love to continue reading this and your other work.
Emiii chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
This was just toooo good ! ;) I loved it so , so , so much .. It was unbelievable , like perfect ! You are such a talented person ! I mean , you're like a totally awesome writer , and your one-shots are the best , I don't even know how to write a one-shot ;P but yours are just so amazing , and you are very good at this stuff ;D and you should really know that :)
GeekyGleek chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
I love your one-shots! You should continue this.
theluckyclover chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
definitely one of the better AU fics around. wonderfully written. you have a brilliant writing technique and style. rachel was incredibly compelling her, and i love how finn pines after her rather than the other way round.
Finchelfanfact101 chapter 1 . 10/29/2011