Reviews for Forgiveness
PredaraFiore chapter 2 . 6/24
Oh god I don't have enough time to read the rest now, but I just wanted to write something here. I'll probably write something at the end too. This was just, amazing. And that's only for what I've read so far.
I love angst, and I'm normally into self-hatred, as I also battle with the same issue, I know that's not the main part of this fic, but I think self-hatred and guilt usually lie in the same bed, and the guilt in this one just brought me to tears. I didn't actually cry but it was very close. The need for redemption from both Edmund and Peter was very well-written, and both of them thinking they are not worthy of it? That's just the cherry on top.
I also loved how well you touched upon topics that are not usually thought about. Their yearning for their mother for one. Most Golden Era fics don't focus on it that much, but the siblings grew up without their parents, or any other family other than their siblings.
I also liked the physical affection in both parties. I'm all for non-sexual contact, and you managed to capture that perfectly, I think. Both Edmund and Peter were also very much in character, and I just want to thank you for writing this, and publishing this! I hope you keep on writing, as you clearly have the talent for it.
Best of luck!
kungfupandabear chapter 3 . 3/10/2013
Just read all 3. You are amazing! I was crying at some points. Just.. Wow. Holy crap you rock! So much emotion! I do hope you write more!
Rayven49 chapter 2 . 1/7/2013
This one felt even more painful than the Edmund chapter, though no less beautiful. I identify more with Peter-admitting I'm wrong is next to impossible-so his struggle to find the words to properly convey his pain to Edmund was very familiar. I'm glad you made Edmund so articulate (and Peter, too) in why he forgave Peter, how he was able to make the distinction between his brother and the not-Peter that was hurting him in England. The ending is particularly sweet, when they're falling asleep. It's so adorably trusting.
I also like your portrayal of Aslan. I never really thought about where he would be after the battle, so it was neat to see him during the clean up.
Lovely job :)
Yours,
Rayven
Rayven49 chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Oh, this was lovely. Absolutely lovely. I'm writing a story that will have a similar conversation at some point, and now I'm in crisis because I simply can't write it any differently or more perfectly. This is exactly how I picture the brothers' first real dialogue to go. The emotion and strength you have them show here is amazing. I knew from the beginning that Peter would in the end tell Edmund that loving him was the easy part, but actually reading it was so sweet. Amazing job.
Yours,
Rayven
SoundzofSilence chapter 3 . 1/3/2013
Damnit, you got me to cry three times TT_TT
Lady Artemist chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
I really enjoyed this!
MCH chapter 3 . 6/22/2012
Great fanifc, and a great portrayal of the brothers and their relationship and also how coming to and leaving Narnia after 15 years affected both of them.

Like this very much.

Chapter 3 very good and showed what happened and how Edmund felt about Lissy. I have always felt since I become an adult that must have all left someone who they where close to Like Edmund was to Lissy.

Really made me think.
Sleepyreader13 chapter 3 . 1/1/2012
This story is absolutely amazing. You have the characterization perfect, relating the bond between brother's perfectly. The emotions you put in this had me smiling and laughing and crying throughout the entire thing.

And to think, this is only you're first Narnia based story. I can't wait to read the rest, and I hope you write more soon!

X Sleepyreader13
chuochuo chapter 2 . 12/28/2011
One of the best Narnian fanfics I've ever read! Love the ending!
lifechiaroscuro chapter 3 . 11/22/2011
.God.

So I looked on your profile and saw that this was your first Narnia story.

I am awestruck.

I know that is a completely overused word, but I mean it with my whole heart. This is a masterpiece. I LOVE it. And trust me, I never say that lightly.

Wow. Just... wow.

(And surprisingly relatable to,in a way. Oh, raw anguish... I know thee well...)

~Dreamer

(Oh, P.S.- ? (Hopefully this week. There will be sibling bonding! Especially with Peter and Edmund- Pevensie brother bonding is my weakness))
vertical-to-the-horizon chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
*Happy tears* That was amazing :D
James Birdsong chapter 3 . 11/13/2011
Neat story. Good chapters.
Capitano chapter 3 . 11/13/2011
Beautiful chapter. I loved the way you described how the loss of a loved person affect not only the guy concerned but also the people close to him. Brilliant.
metaphoricheart chapter 3 . 11/12/2011
I think the way you introduced Lissy and created her was great. It wasn't annoying and cliche. Maybe you could do more with her character in another fic?

I hope you decide to write more with Narnia.
WillowDryad chapter 3 . 11/12/2011