Reviews for Watching the Sunset
RDorothyW chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
I know this story is quite old so I'm not sure if you even check your reviews anymore. But I wanted you to know that this is my favorite Data story.

The first time I read this was right after Nemesis came out. I assumed that Q saved Data before he could die, but after rereading this again I think that's not how you meant it. Is that what your note about this fic being AU was about? If it bothers you that much, you could easily add a reference to Q saving Data. That's the only thing I can think of that would make it AU.

I really don't like the Data/Tasha pairing regularly, because authors tend to grasp at straws to make it work. But you did made it work, without ascribing emotions to Data that he obviously does not have.

You obviously put a lot of thought into the story and the alien characters. Thanks for the great read.
ClaMiAl chapter 6 . 6/14/2009
Hmm, I must say this fic was very confusing, but also very intriguing. I sort of expected the Data from the future to openly come to the Enterprise at some point and I was looking forward to that. Of course, that never happened, and I was a bit disappointed, but it does make more sense for him to stay out of it as much as possible, I suppose.

At one point I almost decided to stop reading, because I was just so confused, but I continued reading this fic and I am glad I did. While it was confusing, it was also very original, and it was one of the few stories I've read where it is not immediately obvious what will happen and how it will all end. So, thanks for writing this very unusual story!
Lilith Kayden chapter 6 . 2/21/2009
This story was quite good.

-Lilith Kayden
Aurilia chapter 6 . 8/29/2008
I feel I ought to explain just a little before I comment on the story, just so you know where my comments stem from.

Growing up, one of the very few things my family did together was watch Next Gen. When it went off the air it was like losing just a little bit of myself because an hour of 'family time' was shaved away every week.

My Dad died about four years ago, and yesterday I was missing him all over again. In poking around ffnet, I recalled the very first fanfiction I'd ever read; it was a short one-page story, more meta than actual story, on the biology of tribbles. Dad had kept it in his box of important paperwork.

Wondering, somewhat nostalgically, if maybe ffnet had something similar on offer led me to reading your tale.

It was somewhat confusing, but beautifully so... Hmm... That doesn't really make much sense, does it? Perhaps I ought to try again. Reading this was much like having a perfect dream, one of the kind that sticks with you for days - maybe even years. Crystalline beauty but blurred around the edges but with enough presence to make me wonder 'what if...'

Your ability to keep most of the regulars in character, as well as making any seemingly OOC behavior logical more than makes up for the occasional grammatical error (more like typos than actual errors) - I particularly liked how Riker couldn't pronounce the Vs names properly, and how his brain sort of shorted out when he tried to talk without pronouns.

Don't fret too much about it being AU - it's fantastically written and stands well enough on its own (with simply the foundation of the series).
JadziaKathryn chapter 6 . 3/3/2004
Wow. This is quite something, and you've tied it up nicely without making it obvious. It's quite interesting to read.
JadziaKathryn chapter 2 . 3/3/2004
This is quite interesting, and I like the character you've created with Nazzi. Why is almost everyone in the Federation humanoid anyhow? She's cool. Your style is nice, too; I particularly enjoyed "He had explored the room in the time he was alone, and found that there were curving walls that could only be detected by running face first into them." I think usually Geordi and not Crusher would look after Data, but that's just a minor observation. On to part 3!
bluehazel chapter 1 . 11/19/2003
that was so good and well thought out
account-not-applicable chapter 1 . 11/3/2003
Wow, that was the best fanfic I have ever read. I LOVED it! I salute you on your fine work. I'll have to read more of your stuff, this was absalutly amazing! Please, PLEASE keep writing, you have almose a supernatural talent for it!
Amariel chapter 1 . 3/14/2003
That was so amazing! I have never been left tearful by story, until today, I am simply amazed! That was so intricately detailed and beautifully written. I commend you for this brilliant piece of work!
fishey me chapter 1 . 10/16/2002
Woah... that is an awsome story... I loved it! You must write more!
Lady Nilamarthiel chapter 1 . 8/16/2002
oh...my god... that was so good! i cried so hard that my grandma was freaking out! I loved it! i just love sad stories... (sob)
Lavander chapter 1 . 7/25/2002
Beautiful. I think thats the only word to decribe this fic. I absolutly love it. The thought of Data being almost like Q. It's really good.
Lady Nilamarthial chapter 1 . 6/14/2002
Ooooooh, this is good! I'm not gonna ask 4 a sequal, cuz u deserve a break. But this is REALLY good!
missy marko chapter 1 . 6/1/2002
beautiful, BEAUTIFUL fic... seven years? my gawd... this is seriously the best fic i have ever read, among all categories. hell, this could be a book...!

i commend you. data is my favorite character...

seriously, i read this and imagined it all in my head. it was like watching a show, a three parter or something.. _ wonderful. wonderful wonderful.

what else can i say?

Captain Blaze chapter 1 . 5/12/2002
...wow...that was certianly interesting if not confusing. Not a bad story but...some parts were to damn hard to understand. You did a great job with the characters though. I did notice a little OOC in some of them but it wasn't so bad. One thing though it would have been nice to see more of Q in the story. I mean a story with Q and he isn't even tormenting Jean-Luc isn't much fun. Any way keep up the good work.