Reviews for Everliving
Guest chapter 6 . 1/3/2005
Despite your apology, I like the way you portrayed the Final Aeon's killing of the High Summoner; it is what I had pictured, it fits the grimness of the "spiral of death" better than the Summoner's life simply being drained away, and, of course, it adds to Auron's emotional scarring. In general, I love this fic; the writing style is concise and literate, and emotional without being sappy. You portray Auron very well - although younger and more impulsive, he is still most definitely himself. The bond between Auron and Kihmari is also well-done. I also thoroughly enjoyed your handling of the pyschological and emotional aspects. The fact that you do not gloss over Auron's pain is a good thing, I think, because it adds realism and empathy. Poor Auron...if this is at all possible, this fic made me love him more than I already did, but I doubt I could.
JadedEcho chapter 5 . 12/10/2003
Greay fic. I love the interactions between Auron and Kimahri. That's not something that people usually write about, but I'm glad that you did.
blood angel chapter 6 . 10/10/2003
wow i really loved your story and i also agree with you for most of the storyline like how the final aeon kills the summoner. yep auron is my fave character and i really wish he was still alive but that doesn't mean i dont reckon your story IS DA BEST EVA!

you know you should write more fics totally!
Yazzy chapter 6 . 5/27/2003
Oh my God! This is SO great! I've read both your stories now, and they're both brilliant (and Auron-realated!). I love Auron, he's SO the best character in the game, and in my opinion, there aren't enough good Auron fics around- yours were a refreshing change!
Amberlee chapter 6 . 10/20/2002
Hi! I'm back and got a chance to read this chapter.

I think there are game moments that support both ideas - that of the Aeon turning on its "master" and that of the summoning "sucking the life" out of the Summoner. The old man in Zanarkand says: "The Summoner and the Final Aeon will join – binding together, heart and body, to produce enormous power." And Auron says: ""When Braska and Jecht died defeating Sin..."

However, Auron seems to give out information in bits and pieces and do you really trust the word of an unsent minion of Yunalesca? I don't know. I think the game gives plenty of room for interp on the subject and I'm pleased to see someone actually use the idea that Braska is killed by the posessed Aeon/Yu Yevon after Sin is destroyed.

Nice job.
Haidos girl chapter 6 . 10/9/2002
One of the best stories ive read in awhile. please write more. me and my auron action figure will go to bed now. :)
Aeryn Alexander chapter 6 . 10/5/2002
I agree with your Final Aeon hypothesis. In addition to being a better plot, it actually makes more sense too.

This is a really good story. I am totally enjoying it.

Oh, and the blood and guts - it's not over the top or anything. I like that.
Aeryn Alexander chapter 2 . 10/5/2002
I think your description of Auron and his injuries after facing Yunalesca was right on target: realistic and in the spirit on the game too (but with more detail, which is great).

(I just started reading this, by the way, and really enjoying it.)
Sango chapter 3 . 8/15/2002
Ah, I never picked up on that! You are right, it does sound like Auron made it off of the mountain alive. Oops. Anyway, I loved this chapter...for some reason I really liked the line about thinking he looked like blood against snow, an appropriate summation. Tres cool. Anyway, I'm off to keep reading...
SpazKit chapter 4 . 7/30/2002
Awr! Nice Kimahri! _ Sweetness, keep it up!
TamaNeko chapter 4 . 7/27/2002
Jaysus Jess, that was good reading. I thought I wouldnt have time to finish before I went to work, but... it was so captivating. I cant wait until school starts so I can read more... you are going to keep going write... ?
TamaNeko chapter 1 . 7/27/2002
Jess, I know that this is only chapter one, but Im loving it already. I finally got to play FFX and well, I can see why you like it so much.

You've got such a great writing style. I only wish to get that good. I mean really "Auron lost it. With a great cry he charged at her..." well, you know the rest you wrote it. I loved it. ITs great. I know Im going to love the rest.
Frank chapter 2 . 7/23/2002
very nice jessica, how many times have I requested to see this now? hmmm?
Shido21 chapter 4 . 5/9/2002
I prefer not to write a review on my own piece, but this is an exception. For right now I am going to take a few days to rest before I post again. I feel this chapter suffered from lack of sleep and I would like to rewrite it. Some time next week I should be posting regularly again. Sorry for the wait and thanks for reading and reviewing.
Jennifer Ryu'kage chapter 4 . 5/8/2002
This is really cool! Write more, I've enjoyed all 4 chapters so far and it's soon to be added to my Fav. List! You're REALLY managed to capture Auron's essence with this fic. Well done!