Reviews for My Name
Marochre chapter 2 . 10/22/2012
Having a character come in at the final point of a very long series is always going to mean said character is underdeveloped. That said, I think you did a good job of presenting an 'average' person caught up in all the craziness, and that's really what Videl represents, to me. She is what every girl (me included) would be if they were to unknowingly get in with such a weird crowd of people. I'd feel so unremarkable...

But yeah. I know this is an older story but I figured I'd drop a review. I rarely review because I'm a terrible person, but this is a good character exploration (for both characters) and I figured I'd reassure you on the second one since you're pretty chill about the first chapter, heh.
withoutwingsx chapter 2 . 5/21/2012
Cute!
Ultimate Black Ace chapter 2 . 2/24/2012
You are absolutly right about Videl's character. She is an Average Joe. Nothing really distinguishes her at all. She is stubborn and has a strong sense of justice yes, but all kinds of people are stubborn and have a strong sense of justice. She really was just put into Dragonball Z in a pathetic (pathetic in my opinion at least) and half-hearted attempt to give Gohan a love interest. She is completely bland and ordinary.

But,

but

Maybe Videl's character needs to be like that. She is absolutly ordinary, she has to be ordinary. She acted similarly to anyone would be if they were introduced into the world of Dragonball Z. The world is full of extraordinary people, people with traits that set them apart from others such as the Z-fighters. But it has ordinary people too like Videl. Videl makes Dragonball Z more real that way, by doing nothing important she managed to make a huge difference. I admit, in DBZ I never really cared for her, I never liked or disliked her. I just thought of Videl as there. But now I think I might know why. You made me think about that in your author's note and I thank you for that.
Lil Jengi chapter 2 . 2/4/2012
Can someone explain to me why this story doesn't have over 100 reviews? It doesn't even deserve a hundred. It deserves A MILLION.

'Cuz this story was awesome.

But, yeah. What is in a name? I wonder...
jgkitarel chapter 2 . 1/27/2012
I think the word you're looking for is Tsundere. Videl does seem like one at first glance, but as you mentioned, her character is not heavily developed in canon.
Kakarot Son chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
Ahh bro been a long long time. In another country temporarily. He's my first beta review in a long long time. Chapter 1 of course.

'Raditz slammed his 'heal' into Goku's ribs, causing the broken saiyan to scream out in pain.' Should have been Raditz slammed his 'heel' into Goku's ribs.

You're doing this with text. I'm not exactly sure if formatting it that way's correct or not. ' But...he couldn't bring' the emphasis on the '...'. 'But... he couldn't bring.' is a little easier on the eyes. With the space and all.

...

Other than that this chapter was freaking amazing... I loved it dude. I reckon the way Gohan beat Buu had amazing potential, to be a story of its own and all.

I'm looking forward to reading the Videl version.
SierraLarson chapter 2 . 12/6/2011
I think that Videl's a tough girl, with some pride, but also has a girl side to her that she didn't show off that much. But then, after she fell in love, her girl side started coming out more. (Short version.)

That's basically what I think. Kind of hard to explain it, but, eh, it's the best I can do. Anyway, I think the chapter was great, and the parts that weren't really involved in the story (Asking about "What is in a name?"), were confusing. ._. Maybe it's 'cause I'm sleepy, or maybe it's 'cause I just don't get smart-y tart-y things like that. I don't know. But yeah, good chapter. _
jgkitarel chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
Well now, an interesting stream of consciousness oriented fic here which reflects Gohan's character nicely.

Of all of the Z fighters, he was the one with the most potential, the most power, but his fears and uncertainties were always a barrier to him. It wasn't until he fought Cell that he truly let go, but all that power in him, and his Saiyan nature... he is both wise and incredibly stupid to fear that aspect of him.

In many respects, Gohan is an excellent study on the Monster Within, though by the end of DBZ he's grown to the point where he could finally accept it, though he let himself slide. Toriyama had initially intended for Gohan to step in after Goku's death, but in the end, he changed his mind. He got to the point where he didn't think Gohan was right for the role. I disagree, but in the end, he did well with what he did.
SierraLarson chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
Oh wow, that was just amazing! And very sweet too. : 3 Love it!
chimney leaf chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
Excellent, really looking forward to the second part. The way you wrote about Gohan and how he thinks of himself is quite similar to how I feel he would think so I really enjoyed this.
kpyn3 chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
Nice, I must say that it will be a good two shot.