Reviews for That One Boy
WendyTheSkyMaiden chapter 21 . 12/10/2014
I never knew I would ship Lucas and Ness until today. And I LOVED the plot twist. Happy endings for everyone! :D
PSI Ness chapter 21 . 11/8/2014
*squeals* fangirl moment. This stor! So cute I cried at the end. It was great. Now I gotta read the sequel.
-Ness
SkittySaysMeow chapter 21 . 9/11/2014
I'm prepared to face murder charges.
Although, the idea of a sequel is infinitely tempting. I'll be doing a bit of profile stalking... huehue
Dammit, it's 12:20 AM and I have to wake up at quarter to 7. I can't read it all now :,c
SkittySaysMeow chapter 2 . 9/11/2014
KUMATORA WILL COME IN?! YUSSSS
*awkward cough*
Um, just out of curiosity, what's up with their PSI powers? I'm assuming that they don't have them?
aloof-kokiri chapter 21 . 4/28/2014
Awe. This was sweet. A bit young, but whatever works I guess. I LOVE how you also focoused on friendships and that they didn't just get caught up in the romance. Wow, some people can just be intolerable jerks. At least they got what they deserved in the end. I'll have to read the sequal sometime now.
Revu chapter 21 . 2/6/2014
I KNEW IT! I called it even… I literally said out loud upon seeing that the title of this chapter was something like, “Farewell,” I said, “Watch Flint end up getting a job in Fourside or something like that…” Son of a….

But alright, that’s not until the end of the chapter. In the rest of the chapter we have… Arrgh! I hate time skips! We’ve just skimmed over all the cute cuddly years, that’s not fair… Any scene with steamy potential just kind of got glossed over with a “Yeah, we did that,” or in Claus and Ninten’s case, “It didn’t sound like something extremely inappropriate.” Well why didn’t it? Clausy, all that work Ninten put in and almost getting killed, don’t you think that’s worth some kind of really awesome reward?

Everything turned out well, but I must admit I was hoping for some good consummation to follow all the drama, going through all the struggling makes the steaminess so much better when it finally happens than it is in stories that are just about steaminess.

OK I’ll try and get over the lack of steaminess for the rest of this. I would be devastated to if I had been dating someone for almost three years and then I was forced to separate from them. That sucked so badly. At the age of sixteen especially, one is so close to being an adult I would have been trying anything at that point to keep the relationship together. If I were Ness I would have been searching every avenue for a way that Lucas could stay with me rather than leave with his parents.

The locket was a cute idea. The digitally enhanced drawing Lucas drew of them in their younger years. So I suppose this means the next story will take place after another two year time skip. Did I mention I hate time skips? Seriously! It was cool to see Travis had become one of their friends though during that time, but it would have been interesting to see him develop also. All anyone knows is that he’s a laid back guy with an older brother so I suppose it’s not much to go on, but all the Mother/Earthbound main characters are silent protagonists anyway that I don’t think it would be hard for someone like you to come up with something awesome for the guy.

Despite my ranting I really did enjoy your story. I’ve loved this pairing for years and I so love that you have stayed true to it. Keep it up and I’ll keep coming back… despite however long some hiatuses I take from the community may be.

Thanks for the awesome read! We’ll see you in the next tale!
Revu chapter 20 . 2/6/2014
That build up came unexpectedly quick. I’m a little floored by how the dance turned out. I was expecting a confrontation of sorts and then Leila’s father gets involved, followed by police! Glad to see the police dragged them off, and I was laughing the entire time Ninten was reading them their rights. It was so cute imagining it like, “You tried to kill me, you have the right to remain silent…” I somehow think that’s against regulations, but we’ll just say that’s cool in Eagleland.

What really gets me is how once again all of the adults just prove to be completely inept at anything in their school. An obvious case of harassment with the potential to get violent was building up right in front of them and they were just sitting back looking worried and hoping nothing serious was about to happen. Once cops showed up, then it was a big deal. It wouldn’t upset me so much if that wasn’t just exactly what happens true to life!

I was not expecting to find out that Leila was paying another boy for sex. That blew my mind. Maybe it was hinted at earlier in the story and I just don’t remember since it’s been a while that I’ve been able to come around, but whoa… having that announced in the middle of your school dance, if that don’t make everyone look at you like a slut then I don’t know what will. I love how this societal role reversal thing can happen in stories like these. If a middle school girl was taking advantage of a boy like this in the real world it would be a slap on the wrist and sent back to class while a boy would face detention center time and sex offender registration for the rest of his life.

It was so cute to see the two couples getting to enjoy their dance. I was worried Ninten was going to be left out completely, but there he is, bounced back and being as adorable as ever just an hour later. I’m not sure what to make of the symbolism of the two couples having the dance floor to themselves while everyone watched. I was to be an optimist and say it represents their peers becoming aware and accepting of them as they contemplate the events which just transpired and not that they’re building a wall between them. I’ll have to read the next chapter to find out.

And lastly the tuxedos were amazing, I was able to picture Ness looking quite smug in his sharp outfit with Lucas being shy at his side while Claus put on the exceptional debonair for his own bouncy partner. Great touches with the boutonnieres by the way, definite classy detail.

Only one chapter left? Oh boy… my anxiety is rising… I still have this feeling that something terrible is about to happen…
Where is it chapter 21 . 12/7/2013
Where is the next one this is so good i wanna see the sequel
thesinistershadow chapter 6 . 3/31/2013
ness is way more nicer than I thought
thesinistershadow chapter 5 . 3/31/2013
well thinks are going so far with those 2
thesinistershadow chapter 4 . 3/31/2013
poor lucas
thesinistershadow chapter 3 . 3/31/2013
I this is really getting good. I like where this is going between ness and lucas. epic job
thesinistershadow chapter 2 . 3/31/2013
nice. I cant wait to see lucas and ness get together
thesinistershadow chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
its good so far nice done
kirbylucaslover5 chapter 21 . 2/22/2013
I just LOVED this story. It's to bad that Lucas and Claus had to leave Onett and leave to Fourside. I liked the part where Ness had to do the dare, but I felt bad for Lucas because he got bully and everything. Have fun making the sequel, cause I'm gonna read that too. LucasxNess fan for LIFE!