Reviews for The First Shifting Grain
so greatly!
realfan16 chapter 16 . 8/9
gosh. just when the next chap promised tree huggersno update
realfan16 chapter 15 . 8/9
no seriously. the "chains" is just plain offensive in my opinion. Can't see how Gaara would let them do it for whatever purpose. Not logical if u ask me
realfan16 chapter 14 . 8/9
Deidara would be proud...i get the feeling that his C4 small particles explosion inspired u
realfan16 chapter 12 . 8/9
Dammmmn! just when there was a bit of progress. talk about plot reasons to make someone seem evil, this is a big one
realfan16 chapter 6 . 8/9
sad reality check back there
Lioness chapter 16 . 8/1
holy cow
where to begin?
i love your writing style. It just sucked me into the story and the cliffhangers recently have just been the icing on the cake. Certain sentences just ring with the magic of understanding the human race. Like Shakespeare (personally I don't really like Shakespeare but man does he have a way with words). You know when there are posts on social media with a few lines that seem like they're from ancient poets and the greatest writers but tern out to just be from fanfics? It's like that. I found that hear and it was a delight to discover. Hopefully I explained that well...
-mild spoilers alert to people reading reviews-
Anyway, I appreciate Gaaras' struggle. How, even though he has basically done a 180 in personality, people have only gotten more suspicious. They only see the worst in him, and Temari is starting to realize there's another side. Not only that but he still faces his own demons. Quite literally for one of them (the entire seal description and chains thing was pure genius). How old habits are coming back.
That one chapter where Gaara almost killed himself honestly just threw me. Rasa... I honestly don't know what to say. It just.. wow.
His mindscape sounds so pretty. I loved the twists you added and how other characters noticed it.
AND THAT PLAN (which I am guessing was from Orochimaru?) WITH THE BOMBS HAS MADE IT ONTO MY PERSONAL TOP CREATIVE IDEAS! SERIOUSLY! It was so good! In fact I ended up looking up whether it actually happened in cannon because it seems EXACTLY like something that Orochimaru would plan. Seriously. Beautifully written. Kept me engaged the entire time.
I really don't have any criticism to give. Normally I read stories with pairings so this was a bit of a jump for me but i really wasn't disappointed! Thank you for the wonderful read!

also love your Notes.
TurtleLover1999 chapter 16 . 5/26
I think I’ve read this fic at least 5 times over the years and it always makes me happy. I loved where it went and am excited to see where it goes. Do you think you’ll ever post an update ?
Love the story. Waiting for update. Can't wait to read what happens next!
I know this story will probably never come back, but just wanted to let you know you're a really good author, I've enjoyed the story.
edoabb chapter 4 . 1/7
This is where you're losing me, Gaara came back mentally, hasn't had yet a day to train, yet he can physically restrain an ANBU. He doesn't seem to have lost any power while going back in time, how can he react fast enough to avoid a surprise attack by an ANBU, even if his eyes registered the motion through experience, he shouldn't be able to react to the brain signal in time, his muscles haven't gotten the boost his reaction time has?

Also this attempt in controlling the demon and succeeding in the first try is a bit bullshit. He shouldn't have an inkling on how to access his mindscape, moreover didn't he say that Naruto learned through years of experiments how to modify his mindscape, what is it with Gaara doing the same in his first attempt and with zero prior experience?
Mike699 chapter 1 . 10/24/2021
I'm saddend that this was never finished. It was written rather well and could have been amazing. I'll make sure to save this just in case there ever is an update.
Guest chapter 16 . 10/12/2021
Nooooo pls continue this storrryyyy
violetartistic23 chapter 16 . 9/25/2021
I'm a bit confused and angry at all these mean mfs (except for that really nice girl at the end. I'm glad someone appreciated what Gaara has done) but this was actually pretty good. Frustrating, yes but it was a nice read.
This is probably discontinued but I wish you didn't leave us at a cliffhanger there T_T I wanted you to introduce Naruto or at least show more of Gaara's soft side. Plus I wish their sibling relationship would have improved... clearly not if they wouldn't even shed a tear at the thought of Gaara's death.
violetartistic23 chapter 16 . 9/25/2021
WHY ARE THEY FUCKING LYING UGHHHH
FIRST WAS HIS PATHETIC EXCUSE OF SIBLINGS TO DARE TO NOT MENTION THAT THEY ONLY MANAGED TO PIECE EVERYTHING TOGETHER BECAUSE OF GAARA AND NOW HIS OWN SENSEI IS LYING!? TF
IM ENRAGED