Reviews for Tale of the Dragon's Wrath
Guest chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
Wow. Loved the way you set up the sequence of nightmares-memories-conclusions, interspersed with the changing of settings an conversations of a still traumatized Hiccup. I'm still holding on to a notion Toothless grabbed him by the leg as a necessity rather than vengeance, so he can look at Hiccup's questioning face and think "I had to do it this way. So deal with it, and let's move on."
AriciaBetelguese chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
To answer your question, yes, you did.
But the story is so creepy and stunning and heartwrenching and wonderful all at once! I envy your writing, honest...
Butbutbut it's not equal at all, Toothless! Don't you see? You can fly and you can walk, but Hiccup can only walk.
Okay, that doesn't make much sense.
Still, it's a really beautiful story. Thank you for the experience!
Too lazy to log in,
Aricia
1000Nachts chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
Oh, wow. That was amazing. I never considered it from that perspective. And was incredibly well written too. Love your work.
HornedHelmet chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
To answer your question, yes you ruined Toothless. Now my less calm self:
YOU FUCKING BASTARDASS BITCH! I hate you! YOU SUCK!
LovingAtMe chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
This is just sad... ;(
Ferdoos chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
Perfect story for halloween
Shangreela chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
I loved this the first time and love this the second too. We don't want to believe tan Toothless could have done it on purpose, but it is very likely indeed. An for an eye, my fly for your walk - great. I never read something like this and it chilled me to the bone.
It is amazingly well-written and chilling. Thank you for sharing this.
Dacara chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
Loved the story :) creepy but cool... and creepy...
May Eve chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
Excellent Halloween vibe, beautiful writing, and yes, if I don't erase it from my headcanon quickly, this will ruin Toothless for me. :P Thanks.
sylworm chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Oh, god, I hate this. If it weren't for your note at the ending...

Gah.

~ZarosKnight

PS:Hate you.
Devon chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
As a Halloween story, it works. Effective and disturbing, and certainly well written, as always. However, that's ONLY as a Halloween story. As far as the canonical HTTYD universe goes, I don't see this being the case at all (and judging from your other fiction, I realize you probably don't see it this way, either). But as a creepy story, it gets the job done, with a vengeance!
Astrid Goes For A Spin chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
I read this once, couldn't think what to say about it, then tracked it down again. It didn't ruin Toothless for me, but instead gave me an intense curiosity about Hiccup's leg (because I had a theory that Toothless grabbed him by it when he was falling because you can see his legs sticking up) that still hangs on all these months later.

I actually have written a lot about it because of this, and have to incorporate it into every aspect of my life. ) Such as, watching Dolphin Tale and Soul Surfer just to see how people and animals cope with the loss of their limbs.

I was kind of traumatized when I first read this, skipped the author's note at the bottom (stupid me) and wondered WHY you thought of that. Now I thought to thank you for my 'muse' in almost all my How To Train Your Dragon writing.

You did an excellent job, although I really want to know now what you actually DO think happened to Hiccup's leg... it wasn't very cheery, but extremely desturbing and chilling - which is a job well done. I tend to get overdramatic when people mess with my Toothless image (somewhere in between of urging Hiccup to help him fight the Death, and hiding his face during Forbidden Friendship).

Really, thanks for writing this. I love it, and while for a short time you ruined yourself for me (not my Toothless image, my image of you - sorry ;) you managed to bring me into the world of Ruffcup with your amazing story By the Toe. Keep writing; I love it. )
Bittersweet chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
I have to say that I love all of your stories - and of course I love this one. Oh, it gives me the chills, I can see the Halloween-vibe. It's almost like a train-wreck, you want to stop reading but your eyes draw you on. Not because it's badly written, but because you know the truth is going to be so dark. This story is such a turnaround from the movie's feel, but it's a plausible take as well; after all, dragons aren't humans and their mindset would be different. I like that you kept the friendship aspect as well, Toothless looking at 'his boy', like now that they're even their friendshop can truly progress.

All in all, I love this story, and even though I probably won't be re-reading it as often as your other, more light-hearted tales, there's no doubt that I'll come back to this story, because the idea and the way you wrote it is so enthralling, and sometime you just want to be chilled.
Pilpols chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

lol poor Hiccup bad Toothless baaaad!
white aspen chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Fantastic and subtle tribut to a mythical type of dragon: cold-hearted and calculating. Your story is chilling to the bone.
71 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »