Reviews for The Key to Berchtesgaden
Kathryn chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
I'm really beginning to enjoy this. Good show!

One thing,mate. During WWII England had a king, not a queen. The present queen was a child at the time.
Belphegor chapter 16 . 3/3/2012
Oh, this was glorious from start to finish! I won't even try to answer the "how many Hitlers" question (I think I lost count by the time the Barracks 2 Hitler Impersonation Contest rolled in - plus, I cheated and went over to the reviews, so I don't count :P) because I just rolled with the flow of the story and didn't stop to ponder what could happen. I would have been wrong anyway - this has been a great ride, as unpredictable as a classic HH episode, and just as wonderfully funny :o) I laughed, chuckled and giggled just as frequently as I covered my mouth with my hand and went "Oh, boy... How will they get out of *that* one?"

Poor Carter... Chloroformed, lugged about like a sack of potatoes, unable (for a while) to have anyone believe that he's NOT the real Adolf Hitler (the moustache thing was a hoot!)... And he takes it all in stride - even brings presents for the boys :D

This story definitely deserves the nomination it got for Best Story of 2011, and more! It was nothing short of glorious :o]
Jinzle chapter 16 . 11/28/2011
Hee-hee the ending was priceless. Loved the story. It was like being blind folded on a roller coaster. All the ups and downs, twists and turns. Just Marvelous!
Jinzle chapter 15 . 11/28/2011
This is just a wonderful little story. Almost sorry we are so close to the end.
Jinzle chapter 14 . 11/26/2011
Congratulations on the reviews! Just proves what a great writer you are. Glad Carter is coming home and the whole thing is winding down. Somehow i don't think everything is going to be resolved easily.
Jinzle chapter 13 . 11/26/2011
I am glad Carter is safe. You had me worried for a while. I do have a question that has been bothering me since the last chapter. Would Wolfie be so complacent about finding Allied soldiers dressed in military uniforms? Considering how much he hates Hogan and Klink, wouldn't it be the best excuse to execute half the Stalag?
Jinzle chapter 12 . 11/23/2011
Poor Carter. And how did I JUST KNOW Wolfie was going to show up?
Jinzle chapter 11 . 11/23/2011
LOl, your going to have to put name tags on everyone to keep them straight. Poor Klink, its a wonder he doesn't take up drinking.
konarciq chapter 16 . 11/23/2011
Alright, it's been a week since the last chapter was posted and the grand quiz question was asked: how many Hitlers (real, fake and look-alike) did we come across in this story?

Believe it or not - none of those who either counted or guessed got it right! Apparently there were two little catches that were an obstacle to almost everybody...

Okay, here we go!

To start with the look-alikes: it's mentioned more than once that at the time of this story, barracks 2 had 15 residents.

Take away Hogan because he was too busy keeping Hochstetter and Klink and Danzig and Olsen out of each other's hair to participate in the contest - makes 14 look-alikes.

Hogan sent Newkirk off to Klink's quarters before ordering the contest - makes 13 look-alikes.

Carter and Addison are busy elsewhere (one in London, one hiding in the doghouse) - makes 11 look-alikes.

But! Two nameless escapees from the tunnel were posing as Carter and Addison throughout the entire escapade, and it's mentioned specifically that they, too, were drawn along in the contest. See the beginning of chapter 12.

So we're back at 13 Hitler look-alikes.

Then we got our lovable fake Hitlers: poor kidnapped Carter, Danzig/Langenscheidt, Rudolf-Olsen, and Newkirk in the bath tub. 13 plus these 4 makes 17 together.

Add the real Hitler from the final scene - makes 18!

So I'm sorry, guys... Seems the four unfortunate ladies who've been stuck in Stalag 13 for well over two years now will have to manage without your inventive input...

(Which doesn't necessarily mean the boys will not want to have another extra supply of abusive authors for them to torture with house-cleaning, spiders, potato peeling and itching powder...)
Jinzle chapter 10 . 11/21/2011
OMG! LOL, you could have a convention of Hitlers. Elvis would be impressed. Keep up the laughs, I'm loving this!
Jinzle chapter 9 . 11/21/2011
Goodness gracious! Carter is in the Brig, Danzig's endanger of being shot by Hogan. Sounds like a wartime version of Payton Place. Excellent story!
Goldleaf83 chapter 16 . 11/20/2011
I’ve just read the entire story, and indeed the seatbelt was needed for it is a wild ride! But wonderfully written: your plot is intricate yet holds together, characterization of canon characters was spot on, and all the OCs are well done. And so very humorous: a truly laugh-out-loud story chapter after chapter! It’s amazing to watch as the plot tangles further and further with each chapter, and just when you think it can’t get more complicated – it does! But you account for all of your plot strands and keep track of all your extra Hitlers just perfectly. Despite the convoluted plot balls juggled all up in the air, you solve all the problems and never drop a ball.

I loved Karl Langenscheidt as the Master of Disguises, and watching his plot conflict with Hogan’s sets up a rich comedy worthy of the series if not better. I was wondering how you’d get Carter out of that jam (I hadn’t expected him to wind up getting taken all the way to London!) and bringing in General Tillman to slice through your knotted plot was a perfect solution. You show razor-sharp thinking by all the guys on Hogan’s team at various points, including Hogan once he figures out that neither of the two Hitlers in the compound is the one that he planted! And that he has to save both of them from Hochstetter, improvising a solution spur of the moment. (The multiplying Hitlers and Schultz’s confusion over how many people make twins are also just hilarious!) You also provide good reasons for Langenscheidt/Danziger/Hitler not taking Hogan into his confidence: they all make his resulting actions plausible while heightening the confusion and resulting hilarity. Hogan initially not seeing that he’s not Carter makes sense for the same reason that Klink doesn’t see he’s not Hitler: neither expects the surrogate, and the disguise and over-the-top acting serve to authenticate the replacement.

There are also many, many wonderful little touches in this piece, too many to track, but I must mention all of the variations on Klink’s name (I think you got all the possibles, and in the funniest moments), and your wonderful arsenal of verbs to describe Klink’s walk and speech. Plus poor Schultz and his blind eye in Chapter 7 – it was interesting to see Hogan note that there are other guards in camp not reporting missing prisoners from their barracks.

Overall, this story was terrific in its conception and execution. Bravo, konarciq! Well done! And many thanks for the pleasure that this story brings!
Jinzle chapter 7 . 11/19/2011
Poor Schultz. One of theses days Colonel Hogan is going to give him a nervous breakdown. Hmm...a plot bunny just hopped through my mind...
Jinzle chapter 6 . 11/19/2011
The thought of Hitler in a night gown is enough to keep me awake at night.
AllTrekkedUp chapter 16 . 11/17/2011
Ok,I have the Hitler count at 19!
166 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »