Reviews for The Key to Berchtesgaden
El Gringo Loco chapter 14 . 11/16/2011
Actually Ch 17 - Again - The author has truly outdone herself with this delightful story Which could easily have been Laurel and Hardy meet the Three Stooges with a good dose of the Katzenjamer Kids thrown in. Sure to bring a smile to the sourest among us, I look forward to more of her work.

I'd earlier answered her question - How many Hitlers as Five for the main impersonators and old scramble brains himself. But if you take Hogan's emergency Hitler look alike contest into account. That number goes up sharply. SO we take the 15 "boyz" from barracks rwo. Subtract Carter and Newkirk already counted. And Hogan who didn't participate and you add twelve to the five mains for a total of seventeen Hitlers.
inhonoredglory chapter 16 . 11/16/2011
Gotta love Carter and his caring ways. Nice of him to think of the boys on his night on the town. The welcome scene was really all touching and everything. Great dialogue all around and balance of narrative and speech tags. Poor Carter and the Churchill jab. But Hogan's last line in that scene was perfect!

Such a cute scene between Carter and the Master of Disguises. And such love for his girl! I love how you described our Langenscheidt ("his baby-blue eyes, his thick golden brown hair, his slender body and his shy smile"). Love that tender scene. *sniffle* A perfect ending for a big mistake indeed.

Aw, shucks... It was all for nothing? Sounds like the big joke this whole story was, I guess. Gotta love Hitler's final thoughts, though. H-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s!

I'll go for a wild guess and say 15 Hitlers? Carter, Danzig, Newkirk, Kinch, ... oh I'm just not going to count... Just me throwing out numbers, because I've no clue how many folks are in Barracks 2.

Congrats on this most unique, funny story! You deserve the praise.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 16 . 11/16/2011
Aw, this last chapter was wonderful. I loved Carter's warm welcome from the guys, and the Santa's bag full of goodies he brought for them. I was glad to see Danzig apologize for kidnapping the poor guy, and Carter being Carter, he forgave without hesitation. And the two of them had a real bonding moment over postwar plans!

And I *really* love that our final glimpse of Danzig in the story was not of the mysterious Master of Disguises, but our own lovable Karl Langenscheidt, in the arms of his sweetheart.

As for the ending...well, we should have seen that coming. And it proves that even Hitler had a brother-in-law...sort of.
waikiki23 chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
Make that 19 Hitlers
waikiki23 chapter 16 . 11/16/2011
I hate math, & had to use a calculator, but here goes: carter, newkirk, olsen, danzing, the real Hitler, & the boys of barracks 2, minus colonel Hogan (which is 12, I believe). So, how many? I come up with 17.

Story was awesome. I hope somewhere down the line, they get the chance to get Hitler for real.
Six of Twelve chapter 16 . 11/16/2011
A satisfying end to a satisfying story. I always get a kick out of how accepting Schultz is of all the strange happenings that go on in Hogan's barracks and throughout the camp. He'll really have some stories to tell his grandchildren after the war.
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 16 . 11/16/2011
Oh what a farce indeed, but a great read! All's well that ends well. I love Carter's gift to Hogan, and the tender reunion between our two lovers. Most of all, that ending, that's too precious. A wonderful twist.

You did a wonderful job on this story. Congratulations on its completion, though I'm a little sad it's over. :)
AllTrekkedUp chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
I have loved this story! Its had me LOLing more than any story I've read in a long time! So glad Carter got back whole and its cute that he got gifts for everybody! I think my fave part was Newkirk in the bathtub! I'm looking forward to more awesome stories from this wonderful author! :)
ColHogan chapter 16 . 11/16/2011
So sorry to see this story end. Glad to see Carter got back to camp safely. And I loved the 'rules of the camp' plate he brought back for Hogan though I would have thought he'd bring back some peanut butter and jelly. Also loved that he brought back a new deck of cards for Newkirk who said it wouldn't take long for him to mark them. LOL. The ending was funny too. So all that trouble in getting the key was for naught as Hitler is having the locks changed? As for guessing how many Hitlers were in the entire story, I don't have to guess as I'm already in Stalag 13 planning how to get my hands on the Colonel. LOL.
El Gringo Loco chapter 16 . 11/16/2011
On the twists and turns this tantalizing temptress treat us with. I loved the ending and the irony of it all. And am looking forward to this brilliant authoress's next work.

As for her question - How many Hitlers? I count five. Carter, Newkirk, Danzig/Langenscheidt, one other from the underground - and of course old scramble brains himself makimg a cameo appearance at the end.
EmmyMK chapter 16 . 11/16/2011
Well, I think you named 6 distinct Hitlers, plus the men from barracks 2. Quite a collection you have there! I really enjoyed reading this!
dust on the wind chapter 16 . 11/16/2011
You mean to say after all that...! Well, of course, it was bound to be like that, wasn't it?

Neat final chapter, with everything finally sorted. I love it that Carter brought presents back.

Many thanks - that was the best fun I've had in ages.\

dust...
snooky chapter 16 . 11/16/2011
ah. all's well that ends well. Except for the lock change that is. I think the true Hitler would have done something much worse than sending the guy to the Russian Front. LOL but a terrific story, and thanks for updating it so quickly. I wonder: will the guys ever find out about Langenscheidt?
El Gringo Loco chapter 15 . 11/16/2011
Yet another interesting little twist here. Ana a long awaited meeting made in Well it wasn't Heaven that's for sure. There are a few loose ends to tie up. And I look forward to seeing how the author handles these. Including the meeting of a certain wandering soul and his travel agent. A punch in the nose might not suit Carter's canon character. But I could certainly understand any impulse he might feel to deliver one.
EmmyMK chapter 15 . 11/15/2011
Fantastic! Of course he could pull of pretending to be Carter, Karl knows Carter very well! I wonder though, will everyone ever find out his secret?
166 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »