Reviews for The Key to Berchtesgaden
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 15 . 11/15/2011
I must say, Danzig's explanation to Hogan regarding running an operation under the Colonel's very nose was nicely done. And plausible, too. Too bad the real Hitler wasn't involved, as Hogan says. Maybe someday Danzig will entrust Hogan with the secret of his Langenscheidt identity.

I really love your Danzig character. He has this supreme skill, and loyal followers, but underneath he's very human and has moments of self-doubt. I think his inability to learn fluent English is rather endearing, but I can see where it limits his impersonations somewhat (Carter for example). Good thing he operates in Germany.
inhonoredglory chapter 15 . 11/15/2011
Interesting how "the Karl Langenscheidt in him" can't reveal he knows Carter. Still playing two people, the wily fellow! Nice little subplot, actually, especially him giving Hogan an "edited" version of events. Nice serious conversation between him and our Colonel. And what a funny "Winnie" joke by Hogan. That's our colonel, all right! To a tee.

And how Schultzian: "But since there was no sign of Klink yet to report the happy news..."

Nice story. Congrats on so many reviews!
dust on the wind chapter 15 . 11/15/2011
Sighs of relief as things start to calm down. And of course, Newkirk's version of the illustrious visitor had to be the blac sheep of the family :D.

It's lovely how you created such an insane tangle, then unwound it so beautifully. Is it over? Time will tell...

dust...
inhonoredglory chapter 14 . 11/15/2011
Gotta love Schultz's "it's not nice" reason for preventing Hochstetter from barging into the Fuhrer's quarters. So him! And triplets, gah! Gotta love "No, it's Hermann Göring." Haha! I love Hochstetter and Newkirk-Hitler's conversation. What a ride! Good thinking on our Brit's part, too.

And the last scene was lovely. I think I just go for snappy, allusive dialogue. Finally the confusion is clearing.
jodm chapter 15 . 11/15/2011
These last three chapters were side-splittingly funny! I should never read them late at night-I was laughing so hard I thought I'd wake everyone up. Danzig really pulled it off and Newkirk's Hitler imitation was priceless! This has become one of my faorite stories.
Snooky chapter 15 . 11/15/2011
The third identical one of the twins.

Hahaha!
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 15 . 11/15/2011
Great ending on this chapter. Too funny. First Newkirk's Hitler being Churchill's illegitimate son, then poor Klink: "Believe me, Colonel Hogan – I've seen enough Hitlers today to last me a lifetime..." Probably my favourite line in the whole story. And poor Schultz's confusion when Newkirk's quoting Shakespeare. I could certainly see that happening in an episode.

Very nice job.
ColHogan chapter 15 . 11/15/2011
I have loved this entire story with it's twists and turns, and the right hand not knowing what the left is doing. And Danzig's explanation as to why they left Hogan and his men out of the loop made perfect sense. And leave it to Newkirk to try and talk Danzig into show business. Loved LeBeau's warning to Danzig about playing gin with Newkirk. Can't wait for the real Carter to will he have stories to tell.
Six of Twelve chapter 15 . 11/15/2011
One question - will Hogan ever find out exactly who Langenscheidt is? Like at the end of the war, maybe?
waikiki23 chapter 14 . 11/14/2011
Omg I love this story! Now there are 4 Hitlers. I hope I can keep them straight!
Evenmoor chapter 14 . 11/14/2011
...and, entering from stage left, boys and girls, we have... Adolf Hitler! Again!

I can't tell you enough how much I love this story! Well, at long last Carter's on his way back to the old prison camp and the key has been secured!
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 14 . 11/14/2011
Oh-oh-oh! The image of Newkirk, in the bath, with a toothpaste facial, surrounded by steam, and conversing with Wolfgang Amadeus Hochstetter! I laughed myself silly over that. He's just as quick on the uptake as Hogan is!

And then Klink awarded third place in the Hitler look-alike contest to Kinch...oh, my.

It was such a nice touch to bring General Walters back to join the fun. And nice that he remembers his "Pop" nickname fondly.

Of course, all of this begs the question...just what are the Allies going to do with the key to Berchtesgaden, anyway? I think a well-placed grenade probably would've done the trick.
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 14 . 11/14/2011
Chapter 6: I like your opening and dialogue between Carter and Hogan. It's reminiscent of the show. Of course, gluing a mustache to Carter's face. Not good, as the end testifies. Great stakes raising in this chapter and the repetition is nice at the end.

Chapter 7: You’ve added wonderfully to the fracas in this chapter. I can’t wait to see what waits for me in Chapter 8.

Chapter 8: I love how confused Hogan is by what he thinks is Carter’s play acting. He’s going to be so mad when he finds out it’s not Carter. :) Great bar scene. The fish tales really cinched it for me. If any of those boys do get seasick though, I can give them a few pointers, although they did help kidnap Carter, so I think I’ll keep them to myself. :)

Chapter 9: Argh! Hypnotic speeches! Argh, Kinch! If only you knew. Poor Carter. It’s almost painful to read, but it’s hooked me, so it’s down its job.

Chapter 10: Danzig’s quite the Hitler. He’s even getting on Hogan’s nerves. How cool that you mentioned method acting.

I like how you describe Carter’s consonants and “So much for his steak.” I wonder if he asked for it if it would tip anybody off that he wasn’t Hitler. Well, I suppose I’ll find out.

And you’ve thrown in another Hitler. This ought to be interesting.

Chapter 11: Twin brothers! Gotta admit, I never would’ve thought of that. Bravo! And I’m impressed Hogan took it really well. Unless that laughter’s signaling a mental breakdown. Oh, no, what now? Argh! Another great stake raising chapter.

Chapter 12: Well, that makes sense. I was afraid another Hitler had shown up, LOL. I love Hogan’s exchange with Hochstetter.

How did I know that mustache was going to be a problem? Hopefully he makes those Generals listen to them soon.

Chapter 13: Finally, that blasted key has arrived. London owes the gang big time after all this.

Ash hole? LOL. Great play on words.

Finally, someone’s listening to Carter. I wonder how everything’s going to come together.

Chapter 14: Ha! Love it: "I am not known for being nice." Hochstetter would so say that. And seeing Hitler in his birthday suit. Oh heavens, the double meanings are worthy of a Cole Porter song.

And Hochstetter’s names and his mother’s reasoning gave me quite a chuckle.

Nice twist, Newkirk in a beauty mask. Very quick thinking, although it seems more like something Goring would do. But what can you do when you've only got Klink's toothpaste to work with? :)
Six of Twelve chapter 14 . 11/14/2011
Good to see all the loose threads being tied up. Again, Newkirk shows his creative thinking under pressure.

Interesting that Hochstetter's mother was a music fan. I wonder what she thought of her boy by the time of the events of this story?
snooky chapter 14 . 11/14/2011
favorite exchange "Major Wolfgang Amadeus Moza... " is Hogan keeping everything straight? Oy. And the look-a-like contest. You really were very clever this chapter. The toothpaste, the steam. Everything worked out so well.
166 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »