Reviews for The Key to Berchtesgaden
dust on the wind chapter 14 . 11/14/2011
Squeaky...? Oh, that boy's asking for a clip across the ear. Though I must say, it does make sense for Hochstetter to have been named after that particular individual.

I loved Schultz in this chapter - sticking firmly to the original ploy long after everyone else has abandoned it...

Looking forward to more, asap.

dust...
ColHogan chapter 14 . 11/14/2011
I was ROTFLMAO with this chapter. Was very impressed with Newkirk's performance and was glad I wasn't drinking anything when Hochstetter introduced himself as Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart before he caught himself. Also glad to see things are calming down with the Hitlers and that Hogan made contact with 'Pop.'
inhonoredglory chapter 13 . 11/14/2011
"Question-mark expression" Great description! Newkirk's inspiration was real genius. Glad they finally got that troublesome key. And I love it how you reminded us of your last chapter's closing line when you come to Carter's POV again. "Spit on them, perhaps?" ROTL! Good one, Carter. And oh-goodie: a familiar general who finally "thaws." I adore their conversation! The back-and-forth dialogue, the little ways Carter's speech is really like Carter. Good job.

The story's really getting interesting! Now that everyone finally knows who everyone is. *sigh*!
inhonoredglory chapter 12 . 11/14/2011
Hogan is sure quick on his toes! That look-alike contest almost breaks the delicate charade they had with Klink. The man's going to get suspicious! But you gotta love Hochstetter's "paah!" responses.

And I love when you go into Carter's point-of-view. You have his character down pat! Poor him. So glad he finally got to speak, though. Of course, such small mercies never solve the rolling problem you've cooked up for us. Too bad he can't divulge the operation to the generals.
inhonoredglory chapter 11 . 11/14/2011
Okay, you have three reviews coming, since I finally got to catch up...

I love how Klink's monocle drops as your description of his reaction to the news of twin Hitlers And how clever of Hogan to think of those names! It's such a relief to see a pseudo-Hitler actually let down his cover with Hogan again. It's been such a crazy ride. Gotta love it when the news finally breaks down - and Hogan knows whose been playing Carter-Hitler all this time! Hogan's "priceless" line is truly priceless. It just sounds like him!
EmmyMK chapter 13 . 11/13/2011
At last Carter has found someone who believes him! Hope Newkirk can make things work out back in camp
dust on the wind chapter 13 . 11/13/2011
At last! things are improving for one of the participants in this glorious muddle...while they degenerate for someone else! I love how the situation just keeps escalating. That key better be worth the trouble.

Nice touch, bringing in another familiar character.

I'm wondering now what else you can possibly have planned for our boys?

dust...
snooky chapter 13 . 11/13/2011
This was just fabulous. Great job with Newkirk and his stove explanation. I still think it's funny that there would actually be a key. Good catch on Walters. They never actually said who the general was in D-Day in Stalag 13...like we wouldn't notice. I think the credits just said general. LOL. Anyway, at least Carter is safe. Although they will have to think of some way to get him out of there. But the camp is in chaos. And great job on the updating.
Six of Twelve chapter 13 . 11/13/2011
Newkirk is as quick of a thinker to come up with that idea about the tunnel hole under the stove.

And I'm glad that Carter finally found someone to believe him. If memory serves, it was General Tillman, but don't quote me on that.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 13 . 11/13/2011
Oh boy, Newkirk and Carter are really in top form.

I love the way Newkirk comes up with an explanation for the tunnel opening in Klink's quarters...ash-hole, indeed. And now he has the all-important key...if only Hochstetter doesn't ruin the whole operation.

Meanwhile, in London, Carter is brilliant under pressure as he identifies the one man he can safely confide in, and the one man who might believe who he is! Equally brilliant is his strategy to use his Hitler persona to get the chance to speak with General Walters alone.

Thanks for the update!
ColHogan chapter 13 . 11/13/2011
Thank heavens Carter finally came across General Walters who recognized him after some doing. Hopefully he can get Carter back to Germany and Stalag 13 safely. And poor Newkirk. And now they have the key but can they hold onto it with Hochstetter around. I am a bit worried that this messenger saw the tunnel entrance under the stove though. One can only wonder what will happen next.
jodm chapter 12 . 11/12/2011
Leave it to Hogan to come up with a "Hitler look-alike" contest! The Colonel could talk his way out of anything. And poor Carter-now I'm wondering what he'll come up with next. I'm laughing so hard at this story that my rib muscles hurt!
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 12 . 11/12/2011
Good grief! Hitlers galore! Hogan can certainly think on his feet, coming up with the Hitler-impersonation contest to account for Danzig and Olsen's appearance. But I think he's pretty lucky the crotchety Hochstetter didn't have them all shot for daring to impersonate the Fuehrer! And poor Klink must be so confused by now...

But Carter is allowed to speak at last! Not that it seems to be doing him any good right now. I love the last sentence, though. Really looking forward to what Carter has up his sleeve!
Six of Twelve chapter 12 . 11/12/2011
Great idea Hogan had to have an impromptu Hitler lookalike contest.

As far as poor Carter goes, is there not someone in London who has been through Stalag 13 or who knows about the operation (and whose name Carter knows) that he can ask to have them call to corroborate his story?
ColHogan chapter 12 . 11/12/2011
I suspected it was Hochstetter. Fast thinking on Hogan's part to have all the guys in the barracks dress up like the Fuhrer, and to send Newkirk to Klink's poor Carter. Nobody believes him. And I had a feeling that extra glue he put on to hold that mustache on was gonna be the part where nobody believes there's such a place as Bullfrog, North Dakota. Too funny. From the ending, one has to wonder what Carter's gonna do to to prove who he is.
166 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »