Reviews for Someone Like You
xmercurial chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
Hi Maddie. (I saw your profile)

I personally think you are one of the best writers to ever write for the Clique fandom. Sometimes I end up viewing your profile and wishing you'd come back and make another great fic. But I know you won't because college is a busy time and you're focusing on that. I hope you'll be an author someday, a professional one, and take you and your amazing talent beyond this website. Maybe someday in the future your book will be published and I have a feeling every single author who has read your stories will buy that book. I wish you all the best in college and I hope you realize what a wonderful author you are and the difference you made on this fandom.

darling chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
hey, it's darling.

first, i'm really sorry that never reviewed this, and that this review is so horrifically late and that you'll probably never read this. i've left fanfiction for some time now (for personal reasons) and i was only look through my old e-mail and saw this in my inbox.

i had to review, and THANK YOU so much for this! it was written perfectly, so adorable and sad and just gripped at my heart. the prompts were used amazingly, i loved the candy cane messages and derrick's group was the cutest thing ever! is it weird that i thought this was from cam's perspective? idk, it just struck me as him.

i hated danny & nina for doing that to her and i can totally relate sighhh. sadly there's no little gang of brairwood boys to send me messages xD i loved skye's character, she was refreshing and so believable and real - and i love how she got together with landon at the end, crack! pairings ftw!

the ending was perfection, this oneshot IS perfection and i cannot thank you enough for this perfect and original oneshot!

sorry for this review's lateness, but i hope that you can forgive me.

lightning veins chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
this is perfection.

in the beginning i expected something light about a group of obsessive guys sending messages to skye hamilton, but wow, was i ever wrong. i can't even really describe how much i loved this. EVERYTHING was so good: the short&simple writing style, the fact that skye isn't even friends with them and yet they do everything they can to help her get better, the candycane grams ("four for you, glenn coco! you go, glenn coco"), the LANDON AND SKYE which is so beautifully crack!y... everything. you could really see the growth of all of the characters throughout the story. and i know you mentioned in your author's note that this was more personal than you expected - i hope that your own experience, similar or not, had as happy an ending as skye's did. you deserve it.

OH GOSH. and that last candy cane? that f. scott fitzgerald quote? there were tears in my eyes. it was the best ending possible. this is fantastic. YOU are fantastic.

seriously, this oneshot gives me hope that there are always people out there who care. great work, and i'm definitely faving.

:) emmy
powerjac chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
This was amazing! I love it! You are an amazing author!
ConfusingStateOfMind chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Ohmygoodness! That was soo sweet and inspiring! I loved it! I was a little confused to who "we" was, but I'm guessing it was Massie and her friends. Anyway, FABULOUS story; you have a definate knack for writing!
within a sepulchre chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
wow. Maddie. this was pure brilliance. the simple way you wrote it really pulled at me. it was so sad, but not.

wow. i'm just speechless. this is wonderful, and one of the best fics that i've read. you truly know how to write, Maddie.

AMAZING JOB. /click -me faving this

write more. now. now. now.

you're just..brilliant, or something. stop making us all feel insignificant, mmkay?

all the lost souls chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
Um. Maddie. How do you. I mean. What I want to say is. FUCK. You just broke my heart.

That is a compliment, by the way. Despite the fact that I use "heartbreaking" in every other review I don't typically mean it to the extent that I mean it right at this moment. Because. Ugh. Okay. This. Oh my lord, this is flawed and heartbreaking and pretty much perfect in every way. Fics like these are the reason I even stick around on this archive.

I don't even know where to begin. There is absolutely nothing about this that is not stunningly written. I lovelovelove your Skye - she feels abandoned and broken but she still manages to shine through in this piece, and Landon, too; he's not the usual too-nice irritatingly perfect Edward-type guy, or the cowardly asshole you normally see. It's so refreshing. Your writing simply is wonderful, Maddie. I love how much you can say in short words, and just everything. Wow, this is just SO GOOD. Beautifully written and absolutely enchanting. I love everything about it. The layers to Skye's character and her story just add so much and made a really interesting story.

I could pretty much ramble on about this for days but I won't because it will be an incoherent mess, much like this review, but this is one of the best fanfics I've read in a long, long time, and I just thought you should know.

new perspective chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
Stories like this make me smile. I love it love it love it. It reminds me so much of how my best friend and I used to post messages in another friend's Tumblr ask box, and hope that she read all of them. She stopped using Tumblr eventually, for unknown reasons, but I like to think that she did smile every day because of the compliments we'd leave. So yeah, I can relate to this too. This was a fabulous story!
cottoncandydreaming chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
this is so good!
gillan chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
maddie, i am mindblown. i wasn't expecting this at all. really, i cannot think of anything to say but that it was magnificent. truly, and just so touching. what a spectacular oneshot! the plot was stunning, and maddie, this was perfection. the notes, derrick and his gang, skye and landon... i am in love. amazing job,