Reviews for Session Transcripts
Ava-Potter gal chapter 11 . 1/8/2012
Cute chapter. Update?
etienneofthewestwind chapter 11 . 1/8/2012
Seeing Harry charm all his testers was priceless. I wonder what Fudge's reactions to *that* will be.
SAGGYHERMAN chapter 11 . 1/8/2012
Cracking story, please write more...
Blik chapter 11 . 1/7/2012
Ah, the machinations of Fudge. One wonders just WHO broke that story to the Prophet, hmmmm? Though I'm glad to see familiar faces like Bones and Kingsley; that was fun. Since we know the characters already, we can guess at and be entertained by their reactions more so than we could by Mme Marchbanks or Prof. Tofty. Good call.

Each interview is at least partially narrated by the examiner, too. I'm quite amused that Shacklebolt warned Moody not to speak against the 'fesser - that's just the detail that was needed to tie all the visits together! No other single fact would have done as well.

On the topic of narrators, although I have not been thrown by POV shifts in this story (obviously you've proofread well) I did notice it in the Moody section when I went back to look at it when writing the previous paragraph.

I love that each of the children is a window into another point of view on Harry. Morag fights for him, Lisa demeans muggles, Justin suggests institutionalization while accepting the medievalism of the Wizarding World as a matter of course. Hermes, naturally, bucks the Establishment and the maturity of adults. You keep them all separate and distinct. That brings a very interesting and engaging read, even when all we see is conversations.

Confusion, in the scene with Amelia. McGonagall says "Mr. Potter has shown a talent in transfiguration, but it has a tendency to be somewhat mercurial..." What exactly has a tendency to be mercurial? the Talent? Magic itself? Or is she calling Harry an "it"?

One point of contention. McGonagall changed her desk into a pig and back again. And she's teaching relatively simple transfigurations, even two and a half months into term. Is it SUPPOSED to take Harry twenty minutes to transfigure a wooden duck into a teapot? Nothing in the books indicates ANY spell requiring that much time. A minute or two, at most, for the complicated and demanding spells, like Snape's reversal for sectumsempra. But not upwards of a quarter-hour! And Amelia was patient that whole time. I'm confused.

I am really enjoying this. I wish, though, we could peek more often into the teacher's lounge - I've only seen Dumbledore ONCE this whole time, and no teacher who's NOT a Head of House is included at all! That, as far as I'm concerned, is your only hole at this point. Keep writing!
Blik chapter 10 . 1/7/2012
Wow! I'm quite taken with your story - I've never read anything quite like it. Particularly the style. You are doing a great job at seeing all your myriad plotlines through each series of meetings. And how they cross and weave! This is quite well-written.

Harry has an Innocence that is both charming and disarming. The way he can make that tree dance - which I'm STILL wondering about - and heal his 'fessor's leg speaks of a high level of accessible wild magic. We know nothing of Harry's history regarding Accidental magic this time around do we? Nothing but a possible connection with his hair, perhaps making it look less like a rat's nest to avoid the ire of his Uncle.

The over-cursing of Malfoy is something that's done a lot. I remember in "Runemaster" our Draco being excessively targeted through runic enchantments, and another fic involving integrating the Marauder's Map with the castle wards to achieve seemingly random but frightfully systematic pranking effects. This is also way up there with regards to intensity, but as you don't describe everything in excruciating detail, your style makes it fresh and new. All we see is the result as Snape does, and Draco's appropriately surly reaction. I think your characterizations of the age group are in general spot-on, based on what I remember from half a lifetime ago.

The Saga of Hermes Granger is the story that I'm getting the most into. The way Snape is persuading hir to lower hir barriers by simply catering to hir in this one thing is nothing short of ingenious - oftentimes something that simple IS all it takes. (By the way, Snape using the pronoun "hir" in his narration is a stroke of Mastery.) I'm getting more and more curious about hir backstory, though. What happened to Hermes to make hir reject everything froofy? (S)He consciously acts like a boy, down to the style of crossing legs. That speaks of either determination, or long practice, likely both. My best guess as of this point is a rebellion against the actions of Mrs Granger so complete as to make Hermes decide (s)he will never be a woman, ESPECIALLY if it means growing up to be like HER.

Ron is great in this fic. Unsure of himself, but getting positive reinforcement from McGonagall and others. Neville is fun, too. In fact, all your lower-order characters are well-done, with special mention going to Vince Crabbe. Perhaps this new practice of interviews will lead to enough positive results it will be a permanent thing! (Though I have no hope for Draco or Lisa.)

The one thing I've been noticing is absent is any of the common characterizations of Dumbledore. He's not manipulative that we've seen, nor evil, nor even sorrowful over what happened to Harry. He's been, in fact, oddly silent. Perhaps you're ignoring that aspect of his character, perhaps you're writing a Powerless!Dumbledore fic, I don't know. But seeing as he's the one that placed Harry with the Dursleys, it's odd that he is neither showing remorse to at least Severus NOR trying to arrange things to put Harry back with them.

Or have I just read too much fan fiction?

Off to the last chapter now - keep up the great work!
Ava-Potter gal chapter 3 . 1/7/2012
I loved the session with Harry! He seems just so cute and little kid-ish in this form!
yavin4 chapter 11 . 1/7/2012
Damn! That was a good chapter. Totally did not feel like 10K words. You're so awesome. sigh Can I give you are e-kiss?
wsbenge chapter 11 . 1/6/2012
I read the chapters straight through. Once I became familiar with the style and rhythem, it was a pleasantly compelling read.

Curiously pleasant way to make Hermione, Ron, and Harry friends. Plenty of Draco bashing for the right reasons. Deeper involvement of the professors than most stories allow.

Good job. :)
Sandra Fiore chapter 11 . 1/6/2012
Many thanks for the new capter of Session Transcripts. I've been missing them. Thanks for treating Vince like a real character and not just a thug and scenery dressing. Most writers seem to overlook him. And thank you for the new Burnt as well. I'm glad your life calmed down for you.
MHS02 chapter 11 . 1/5/2012
Wow...this a very powerful story...i love it...it's shows you people don't always have to think, look, and act like you to be accpected in life...and knowing me I spelled 'accpected' wrong...yeah me...please keep it flowing
EmmaRandomAs chapter 11 . 1/5/2012
i love it, i love it, i love it! you are genious! :D
WizardsGirl chapter 11 . 1/5/2012
I hope you update this soon, I really like it so far!

Hugs & Kittens,

~Wizard
PenNameless1994 chapter 11 . 1/5/2012
Aw!
princessfrankie chapter 11 . 1/5/2012
Oh! Fudge is an imbecile and he makes me want to punch him! I hope he leaves Harry alone in the next chapter after all he’s proved he can learn just like everyone else! Can’t wait to see what happens!
xxBitchxx chapter 11 . 1/5/2012
LASTCRAZYHORN!

How dare you update so late! I am absolutely disgusted! Your entire fan base was depressed, and it's entirely your fault! If you put another SENTENCE up this late, we will IMMEDIATELY unfollow you!

... Oh and Harry dear, congratulations on doing so well on your tests. The readers are so proud!
2,225 | « Prev Page 1 .. 96 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 116 .. Last Next »