Reviews for Session Transcripts
Ressick chapter 13 . 2/5/2012
I really love this story. I'm not a fan of good!Snape stories, and so the rare excellent ones I find myself reading are a treat (I say this so you know where I'm coming from). Your Harry is very real, very hopeful, and very smart. I'm so curious as to where his abilities with unconscious Legimency (or whatever exactly it is he's doing) will go; trees and trolls and Hogwarts (and Voldemort) so far are fascinating. His sessions with the healer are a great insight into how his unique and gifted mind works.

Your Granger - Hermes - I can't say how much I love him. The way Harry, Ron, Neville, and apparently Millie treat him... reminds me so much of my own friends' acceptance/love/protection of me that it makes me cry. The anger at his parents, the curious give and take with Snape - very very Slytherin in all the best ways of that House, the struggle to find acceptance and the fierce loyalty to his own friends/family that he has made, the freaking *bathroom* issues, god, it's perfectly done. I'm really looking forward to seeing how he develops. And how the others continue to interact with him. I generally don't like Ron, but this one you have created/modified works with Hermes well, without the arguing that tends to so characterize their relationship. How he works with Harry, making sure he isn't hurt and eats his vegetables, and how Hermes talks to Snape, hints at the caring, fiercely loyal, violently protective person we're familiar with from canon, but underneath an all-too-understandable layer of anger and pain at being considered a "freak" and not being the daughter his parents obviously want. You are writing one of the best and most real trans characters I have ever read, and thank you so damn much for that. I have always identified with Granger in canon, and making him FTM as well it's like seeing a brother.

The other characters who you peek in at - esp Crabbe, Ron, Neville, etc (I'd love to see Neville's sessions if he had them with Sprout or Flitwick, Ron is right in how McGonagall isn't really up for it) - add a depth to the story that I really appreciate. A depth of character not only for the other students (why do I get a feeling your Lisa Turpin would be one of the ones to go after Luna?), to really get to know them, but also the professors. Your Flitwick and Sprout are lovely, and McGonagall rather well done. I love how Flitwick encourages research in certain directions, and Sprout encourages girls to be strong, as well as acknowledging to herself that she doesn't know enough about the muggle world to help her students (and I can see her spending a summer learning so she could), it's well done and perfectly in character. And an enraged Flitwick - I was always hoping in canon he'd let loose about Luna's treatment, but it seems he musn't have known, as your Flitwick would have destroyed the Tower in his rage at her canon treatment. Him stomping on Ravenclaw bullies is... very satisfying, I must say.

I don't tend to gush in my reviews as I have for this, but I am just so enthused with how you are writing the story. Thank you so very much!
My Solitude chapter 13 . 2/5/2012
Interesting chapter. I had a thought when reading the last few sentences, that "Hermes" is actually a guy who was put through surgery to become a girl. It's just a thought, but interesting, no? XD
Arwen'shellsong chapter 5 . 2/5/2012
Great fic, you manage to combine humour with a real emotional connection to Harry. Your characters are brilliant and I look forward to reading more from you.
Weller4ever chapter 13 . 2/4/2012
Awesome story so far! Looking forward to reading more :)
Bobette13 chapter 13 . 2/3/2012
Egads. PLEASE write in full the scene where Snape confronts McGonagall about Hermes, I mean the profs do read each others transcripts, yeah? And unless McGonagall soon comes around to seeing that Hermes truly identifies as a boy and it's not something s/he will grow out of I can see a nice, ah, conversation happening between the two profs.

I quite like this fic, I was a bit wary of it after seeing how most of each chapter is indeed 'session transcripts', but hey it works. Although there are a few spots where it slipped into a more standard dialogue-feeling form (and of course I can't remember where they are now).

Tis also quite interesting to see the professors' own thoughts, both to themeselves and to the other professors, something you really can't see in the more standard 1st/3rd person POV writing style.
twistyguru chapter 13 . 2/2/2012
Another fine chapter, and then you left us with an EVIL cliffy...
themusicalmuffin chapter 13 . 2/2/2012
djdjshdgduskb /keysmash

So I just realized (like the idiot I am) that I'm following several of your stories but never connected the writing styles. /derp

I LOVE THIS FIC! It's absolutely amazing! Reading the different transcripts is so different from most of the other stories. I don't think I've seen it before. If I have, it wasn't memorable in the least.

Harry is so sweet. /squees

I love Hermes, too! I hope McGonagall's view of him is addressed at some point.

And you evil writer, leaving us with a cliffhanger... /shakes fist

I hope to see more soon!
Lousy Poet Automaton chapter 13 . 2/1/2012
The quality of writing is fairly good and the concept is good, but I'm starting to lose interest in this. Harry's progress has plateaued and your fic has also started to reach the limits of being able to narrate a plot while maintaining this format.

The greatest problem of your format is that all the action happens one step removed from the readers. What is being read is not happening in the present, it happened days ago, for almost everything. While it was interesting at first, it is making the pace drag, and feels less like a valid narrative style and more like a forced gimmick.

And I was hoping Harry would get to around where Luna is in terms of normal function, but because you are literally going week by week, it will take forever, if he does ever get that far. I want to see him get to where he is a little strange, but has that sort of deep, ineffable child-like wisdom. Or at least where he isn't acting like he's 6.

It is certainly your story to do with what you will, but my critical advice is to return to more traditional prose narration and drop the weekly transcripts to once a month or even every other month. Time will flow faster, more can happen, and the way action happens can be more immersive.

You don't have to stick to this transcript format EVERY chapter.
tellytha chapter 13 . 1/31/2012
Oh you meany don't stop there! I hate cliffhangers. But I love this story. Please Please Please Please Please update again 't wait to see what Hermes did. Keep up the great work.
cheekysorcerer chapter 13 . 1/31/2012
one of the most impressive things i've read here.

thanks for your wonderful work, i enjoyed reading!
Lilith91 chapter 5 . 1/30/2012
"Sound and the Fury" much? Between Harry's sense of smell, and Caddy to help him? I do enjoy that Caddy is a male house elf though.
LunarBard chapter 13 . 1/30/2012
Great fic! I don't think I've seen something like it before. I can't wait for the next chapter.
Someone's Ghost chapter 13 . 1/30/2012
Why is Hermes having nightmares if s/he didn't get them before? Or did Snape only recently put up the spell that lets him know?

Draco seems to be doing slightly better in Ravenclaw. He has at least one friend, and seems to be getting along okay with Flitwick, even if most of the ravens hate him. Hopefully, now that his stereotypes have gotten shaken up, he will learn to be a little more tolerant. And Flitwick's approach of having his students search out answers as to why their behavior is wrong might work better on Draco then Snapes method. He seems like the type of person who won't believe anything unless they came up with it themselves. I agree that he doesn't seem hopeless.

I'm glad that Michael and Sabrina seem to be making friends. Michael has tones of potential, and Sabrina really needs a friend, especially now, with the Malfoy situation. Isn't she friends with Harry too?

McGonagall seems ridiculously stubborn about the Hermione/Hermes thing. Doesn't she read Snape's reports? Why is she taking Ron to task about addressing his friends in the manner they want to be addressed, especially when a teacher is doing it too? If she thinks there is a problem here, it needs to be addressed with Hermes, not Ron. Ron is just being a supportive best friend, and wouldn't be able to 'fix' Hermes as an 11 year old even if he did agree with McGonagall. Obviously, I am getting rather frustrated with her.

I'm glad that Hadwyn is making progress with Harry, and is starting to discover some of his underlying insecurities. If Hadwyn can figure out the underlying neurological reasons for the way Harry's brain works, would they be able to heal/repair it? Obviously, even if they can there would be a lot of therapy afterword to teach him a new way of thinking, but is something like repairing the brain even possible with magic? Or would identifying these things just help them develop better work-abouts with Harry?

No Pressure to answer any of my questions. They are just things to think about more then anything else. Thanks for the update!

Someone
kattycha01 chapter 9 . 1/29/2012
Harry Potter : troll whisperer

Like a boss
Animal Arithmetic chapter 13 . 1/29/2012
I absolutely love this story!

I especially love how Ron is so understanding. In a lot of stories you don't really see that.

Hermes is my absolute favorite, probably because I understand what he's going through. It was a pleasant surprise to finally read a story that's not just a genderswitch!character, crossdressing!character, or potion/charms-accident-that-switches-genders!character.

Anyway, lovelovelove~! Good job. This is one of the few (probably only three or four) stories I actually look forward to for the update.
2,208 | « Prev Page 1 .. 84 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 104 .. Last Next »