Reviews for On Assignment
shiho59 chapter 3 . 3/23
Kina Kalamari chapter 3 . 1/8/2013
That was a very fun read. Long enough to get a good story in, but not so long I didn't even bother to start it. (Anything longer than five chapters is too much for me these days. I don't have much Internet time, so I have to spread it around.) It had plenty of parallels to be a great AU, and the plot was very interesting. The Silence as a creepy gang... Yeah, I can't say I've heard that one before. Of course, I certainly haven't delved the depths of the DW fandom.

Anyway, I very much enjoyed it. I laughed out loud a couple of times, which is always something that endears me to a story. Also — as I've experienced with all of your fics that I've read — the character voices were spot on.

Brilliant job. :]
Jen chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Still love this, many moons after first reading it - came back to re-read because they keep running trailers for next week's episode where River is apparently running around 1930s New York investigating things, and my brain keeps going straight to this fic for some strange reason ;o)
slightly so chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
I really like this one! I hope you can continue, though I understand if it's complete (and/ or you are writing your original work :) ) anyway, I'm sick and typing on the phone , but lots of admiration and love for this story...

Team tardis!
betawho chapter 3 . 12/16/2011

Fantastic chapter. I don't have much to say because I was so absorbed in it.

I loved how he counted how many people she'd kissed. And how she made him chase her. And Harkness, and Idris, and your 1931 version of the Silence selling children.

Very sexy, very heartbreaking, and heartwarming.

Dorium. Giving Melody his bow tie. Him sitting waiting for her in the darkroom, and shinanigans against the door. Lovely word shenanigans.

Very sexy, well plotted, well characterized. This goes in my favorites.
betawho chapter 2 . 12/16/2011
"He didn't allow his shoulders to slump until he was out of eyesight."

Aww, poor guy, he's got it bad. All happy and excited because he was going to see her, then disconsolate when she wasn't there.

"The scent of rain on dry earth. Petrichor, he thought absently, and his heart ached."

Oh, now that is fantastic. That is perfect! What else would River song smell like but rain? And it even happens to be one of the Tardis's codewords, her other mother. That is now my head cannon, River Song smells like rain. Maybe that's what Amy's perfume smells like, a summer shower. No wonder she's doing so well.

""You're right. She's not in the directory. But, she is in the personnel files."

I love it, Amy's so smart. And snarky.

"Oh, and you owe Donna lunch for that.""

I actually yelled out, "OH, AWESOME!" when I saw that. Great mention of Donna. Didn't expect that. Very pleased. Big Grin.

"In a fluid motion, River swept the curtain aside and around her body, plucked a gun out of a vase of flowers on a shelf in front of the toilet tank and aimed it at him."

I would pay money to see that. Beautiful description.

Ooh! Naughty ending!
betawho chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
"and I saw you shoot that one man in the arm after you flirted all over him."

LOL! I really love this line, and I can so see 11 saying it. Even his tone and the way he was probably waving his arms. A little bit outraged, a little bit jealous. Magic.

I think you've got 11's voice down marvelously. River's too. And I love that she tossed his fez in a manhole.

"Last time someone tried to assign you to one of those, you sent it back all sticky and covered with crumbs like you used it for a napkin."

"I needed one! Sandwiches are quite messy.""

No repentance at all. I so love the Doctor.

Ooh, that would be creepy, to get a photo of the Silence unexpectedly. I wonder how that would work? You'd see them in the photo, know there was something really creepy there, yell at someone to come look at this, but the instant you turn away you can't remember it, but the minute you turn back it's there. Huh. Creepy.

Wonderful story, I'm off to the next chapter.
MuseDePandora chapter 3 . 12/13/2011
And a fantastic conclusion! I loved it! What a wonderful AU. :D
MuseDePandora chapter 2 . 12/13/2011
Wonderful development! Can't wait to read the last chapter!
MuseDePandora chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
What a great beginning this chapter was! I love the use of River as the reporter and the Doctor as the photographer. It really matches their personalities so well! And I adore how River made her arrival by turning on the lights in the dark room. That's definitely the way to get a photographer's attention. I am moving on to ch. 2.
halffulljampot chapter 3 . 11/27/2011
I adore this story; the characters stay true to the canon even in a world they aren't part of. If you wanted to write more of this verse, I certainly would not object...
MeganBellaRoseBlack chapter 3 . 11/24/2011
I love love love this story! So well written and such an interesting idea!
saftsuse chapter 3 . 11/1/2011
Love it, love it! Everyone sounds like themselves, really good writing, and the job as a photographer really suits the Doctor. :) *going to check out some other stories by author*
redflow chapter 3 . 11/1/2011
I really do love this story line and you're a great writer! :D cant wait for more
mostexcellentcanopy chapter 3 . 11/1/2011