Reviews for All For Ferelden
Guest chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
not bad, he has no regret or remourse but he will apologize for unintended consequences.
Shakespira chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
What a great look into Loghain's thought processes. You're right that everything he did, no matter how misguided at times, was for Ferelden. I think you did a a fine job capturing him and the essence of his love for his country.

Excellent challenge well met!
xseikax chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
I think you did a wonderful job with Loghain! It was very much believable, and I think it portrayed his thoughts rather well. He may have been cold and harsh, but it's very true that he did everything he could for the country that he loved. I think you captured that beautifully.

Absolutely wonderful job!
Cor'lii chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
In reference to your note, if you think about the scene where Howe is talking about the assassin and Loghain seems upset, then it makes sense. But a reason for letting Howe send the assassin after the Wardens would've made it clearer. I liked this perspective.
Josie Lange chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
You did a fine job writing Loghain. He's a tough yet fascinating character to write.

All of his actions were to protect Ferelden. He did the right thing for the wrong reasons and he didn't want to believe that this was a true Blight. Flemeth's words have haunted him for years.

Great job on the challenge!
Spaced20 chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
I always spare Loghain in every one of my playthroughs. The defeat at Ostegar was not all his fault, and his actions afterwards were mostly because he's a crap politician. Bless him. Leave it to Anora, Loghain.

- Duncan completely failed to inform both Cailan AND Loghain why the wardens were needed. If he had looked past the stupid secrecy and offered a Olive branch to Loghain, he would have treated the wardens differently.

- Cailan refusing to wait for reinforcements from redcliffe. Moron.

- let's face it. The warden was to slow.

Poor Loghain. All he wanted was to protect Fereldan from Orlais (which was a real threat, something clearly going on between Cailan and The empress. And what was marjoline REALLY doing in Denerim? Not to mention twelve legions of chevaliers on the border, waiting to "assist"

For Fereldan! Great little 10 minute challange. nice one !
Suilven chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
I think this one is my favorite of your 10 minute challenge entries. I've never written Loghain either, and I'm a bit intimidated to try just yet, so kudos to you for undertaking such a complex character. I think you're absolutely right that, in everything he did, Loghain was trying to put Ferelden first. After everything he and Maric went through to drive out the Orlesians, it's hardly surprising.