Reviews for Unmentionable
DeepBlueJoy chapter 31 . 7/5/2014
Love the interactions between all the various parties... in particular Joyce and Giles and Anya and Xander. Really did enjoy Xander's confrontation of Angel btw. We all should have a friend who stands up for us like that without wanting something from us.

Really liked Riley's little reality check... how he saw Buffy for who she really was... and the two of them as a unit, a couple... something he could never have been with Buffy... Equals.

DeepBlueJoy chapter 30 . 7/5/2014
Well, I love where this all ended... very nice. And Xander of all people... wonderful! He makes the best speeches. I really enjoyed the last part of this chapter the most. Finally, the secret's out... it was getting really old and I really hated the 'Buffy's too scared to come out of the closet' thing in canon... so it's not that it's not realistic, it's just that it got old and after a while, though she probably wouldn't see it, it was a bit insulting to Spike.

Putting everyone before someone you love is always uncool and even a bit mean to the person in question. But that's real to the character she was and people change slowly. I'm just very grateful we're done with that part.

A note about the sex thing... it was... well, it was well done, but it was... it went on a bit long and didn't move the character development/relationship development or plot much, so it was a bit more than I felt was strictly useful to the writing. I'm sure folks found it titillating, but sometimes less is more. Everything in a story should be there for a reason. Turning the reader on is not a good reason enough for long, long, long passages of sex. Also, there's no level of explicitness that can bring one fully into the sex act anyway... in fact increasing levels of explicitness can actually rob a scene of its intimacy and start becoming clinical. It didn't become clinical, but it lost some of the earlier intimacy that just floors me when you go there because you do it so well. Anyway, just my opinion. Still love your writing.

writerdragonfly chapter 26 . 7/4/2014
Beautiful. :)
DeepBlueJoy chapter 28 . 7/4/2014
lovely ending to the chapter. sometimes things can be simple, eh?

what is Riley's problem, anyway? hope that's the last of him. good riddance to bad rubbish.
DeepBlueJoy chapter 27 . 7/4/2014
"I've been waiting for someone like you for a thousand years."

that floored me... That was utterly amazing.

_

I have to tell you, it took me several times to get through the earlier parts of the chapter. The part with Spike and the chip and Buffy's reaction... it was very hard for me to follow.

The later parts of the chapter, however... Tara's conversation with Willow and Willow's reaction... Anya and Xander's amazing conversation... that was absolutely beautiful. And Giles and Joyce didn't do so bad either.

Thanks,

DeepBlueJoy chapter 26 . 7/4/2014
Well. You chose one of my favorite songs of all time... a song that really does ask the pointed questions... and went uphill fast from there! This was fabulous. And they'd better start talking soon or I'll be very cross.

I loved Giles' stiff upper lipped politeness - how he decided to hide behind good old English manners.

I love the little exchange between Tara and Spike... so uncomfortable. So revealing... Poor Tara. Now, how's she gonna know that she's not a demon? If Spike's chip is gone, I mean... 'cause it is gone, right?

wow... so much covered... so much more interesting than the original and so much more potentially revealed...

thanks and happy fourth of July!
DeepBlueJoy chapter 25 . 7/4/2014
Well, that was a busy chapter! I don't think I've ever seen the key as a vampire before. I think I'm gonna miss Dawn a little... after all, Spike and his nibblet had a really special relationship...

Then again, i can't wait to see how it ends!

Giles' bits were probably the most interesting and most disturbing. so many choices, so many challenges to the old world view. Of course, you know, William would make an excellent watcher, right?

Peace,

DeepBlueJoy chapter 24 . 7/4/2014
I like this version better.
DeepBlueJoy chapter 23 . 7/4/2014
three days? three days is not enough. Nope. Three days... uhm, I think my brain just rebooted. heh heh.

DeepBlueJoy chapter 22 . 7/4/2014
together... as in really 'together'?
DeepBlueJoy chapter 21 . 7/4/2014
You had me at 'hello'!

"Hello! Is it me you're looking for?" ;-)
DeepBlueJoy chapter 20 . 7/4/2014
I guess they're the chosen two... the relationship edition!
DeepBlueJoy chapter 19 . 7/4/2014
small steps forward. small steps. critical steps. They're finally admitting that they choose each other... would choose each other.
DeepBlueJoy chapter 18 . 7/3/2014
Poor Giles.
DeepBlueJoy chapter 17 . 7/3/2014
"Nah. No one around here ever notices a thing."

That's Sunnydale for ya! Even scoobies have learned to tune stuff out. Buffy and Spike are hardly good at secret keeping but no one really has taken full notice yet except for Riley... mostly because I think they don't want to notice...

So... is Riley gonna help, hurt or be incarcerated someplace? I almost feel sorry for the man at this point. He's a heel, but his life pretty much sucks.

616 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »