Reviews for Retroactive Continuity
Runtz chapter 1 . 7/5/2019
I really love this fic.
It was one of my first experience with meta fiction-ish writings and I still remember the existence of this fic right off the bat when I hear of meta fiction.

"Soon, he'll receive a third timeline"
LOL who would have expected BW2 at the point of November 2011
Scorch-Flame chapter 1 . 9/6/2014
Interesting. Very, very interesting. :)
SnowyRefuge chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
I'm not really good with making very descriptive reviews, so I'll put it simply:
I was just spazzing out over the sheer awesomeness of this story for, like, half an hour.
The characters are, quite simply, amazing, and I love the thought of all of the Pokemon storylines being meshed together and putting off all of the characters. Seriously, N just gave me the chills. And Leaf, Courtney, and Mars...
Fantastic job.
Grey Muji chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
Amazing... It was...
Incognito chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
Oh god. This was such a brilliant read. I have an affinity for the entire concept of time travel and its (devastating) effects on reality... and this story hit the nail on the head. Everything was so deliciously well-written... the slow descent into confusion and madness each of the characters experienced was incredibly satisfying. And then, that little easter egg you tossed in at the end... Missingno, "the one with the power to unravel reality." That coupled with homicidal!N at the end was such a perfectly creepy ending. Very, very well done.
Bhel-Elryss chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
I'd just like to take the time to say that this is amazing. The idea is striking. They do change timelines and plots (a bit) in every version, and most certainly in every generation. Leaf's was sad. She wants nothing more than to go back to how it was. Bill's was emotional, I felt that he didn't know what to do, who he was supposed to be, or why. Courtney's actually brought me to shivers. Her entire being split between being evil, good, or conflicted, and all the time she feels the judgement of the player. Her story struck me the most. Mars, I missed the emotions on. She seemed to be merely lost, adrift without Cyrus and with no clue where to find him. She made me pity her. And N...the one who understands. I think, that of all the gang bosses, N was the most understanding. I thought he made a good finale. :)
tempus terere chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
I'm tansfixed. This whole idea of realities falling apart and slowly meshing into one is really fascinating, not to mention you carried it out flawlessly! Thanks for sharing this amazing read!
Tanon chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
Favorited. 'nuff said.

While I'm a little confused because I've barely played any pokemon, I managed to grasp the majority of the story, and it was just amazing.
CarpeDiemEveryday chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
Um, wow. Other reviewers said it better than me, but this is great and oddly in line with one of the ideas I've had floating in my head. Huh. It's a different take than I was going for. I like it. I wouldn't have any idea how to get the nuances just right for each gen of games. So, um, kudos, really. I'm sort of embarrassed that I can't say it better. Oh, and I really, really like your characterization of Leaf. It's beautiful.

Happy Halloween to you too, if a day late.

Carp
Ember A. Keelty chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
Oooh, cool! I've seen a lot of stuff done with the weirdness of game mechanics, but I don't think I've ever seen this. Courtney's hits especially hard, with her entire identity fractured. I also really like Mars's; in reality she's probably just as screwed up in every timeline, not that that will stop her from blaming all of her problems on circumstance and various other external entities.
Farla chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
[But then, when she came home, her mother looked up, smiled at her as if she was a stranger, and apologized for her son's absence.

Leaf knows she doesn't have a brother.]

This is lovely. You do a good job giving each character their own particular twist on the retcons so it doesn't seem repetitive and it's nice to see canon rewoven like this.
IcecreamSyndrome chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
Wow, this was really good and offers such a unique look at the Pokemon games. The fact that some of the characters actually know that they are in a video game is an interesting take that I myself have thought about before, and I loved your interpretation. It's very well written and has such a mysterious quality to it. I also liked how you described the characters reactions to it, especially N and Leaf. N accepting of the situation, while Leaf continues to search what is left of Cinnabar Island for Missingno.

Great job! :)
ChocolateLover chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
Very, very good story. I'm glad to have read it.

I'd just like to point out that Reshiram, the white dragon, is the dragon of truth. Zekrom, the black dragon, is the dragon of ideals. You got truth and ideals mixed up.

Not that it would change the story in any way. Did I mention it's a great story? Because it is.