Reviews for Never To Be Alone In The Dark
HayNSW2711 chapter 6 . 3/27/2013
Wonder if you are going to finish this? Loving it so far...
Guardian54 chapter 2 . 3/23/2010
This is good... hey wait, TWO destroyers? ok those are 2 retarded captains and XOs, I ean it's what, 2 vs. 20 or something? wow.

Nic twist.
Crys chapter 6 . 11/13/2009
Nice romance story.

Thank you for not letting Marcus kill himself (even if he did it to save Susan). He always was one of my favorites on the show.

Thanks for sharing the story.
Lady Taevyn chapter 6 . 8/24/2007
I read this story a few years ago and Loved it then. As my husband and I are re-watching the series (Thank Valen for DVD's) I decided to re-read it since we just finished Season 4 (I cried at Susan getting hurt, and Marcus giving his life for her). You really have a plausible alternate in this story. I would seriously take this as cannon over what JMS gave us any day of the week. Your developement of the characters is excellent, especially Sinclair.
Handmaiden Dorme chapter 6 . 9/23/2006
Is this finished? I really really really really really hope not!

Update soon!
C. A. LeSabre chapter 5 . 9/17/2006
I really loved this story. I keep thinking about it. Given her near-death experience & the encouragement of her friend Jeff, I found Ivanova's willingness to share her feelings-and the way she did it-completely believable. I also love the way Marcus & Susan act around each other-this is exactly what I would have imagined had they actually had the chance to get together. So many wonderful insights (including the scene with Bester). There are still some mysteries-such as how Marcus knows Susan will be Entil'Zha-so I'm hoping that one day you'll continue the story. But for now, thank you so much for this!
C. A. LeSabre chapter 6 . 9/15/2006
I love the story so far! Particularly the chapters before Sinclair stops watching. You did a WONDERFUL job getting them together. Very moving-very wise. The way they approach each other and understand each other is so wonderful & true. And I love the way you write Sinclair/Valen. I'm really looking forward to/dreading the rest of the story-because I recall Sinclair warning Marcus that he'll never see Tuzanor again in this lifetime, and that's where they're going! One minor thing that jarred me: when Marcus joins in to tell Cordelia's story, it sounds as though he was actually there to witness it (rather than hearing about it from the others, which would have been possible), which would have meant he was a Ranger at the same time as Will. Otherwise, though, it's a great story-thank you very much!
allergic2cities chapter 6 . 7/9/2006
More! I know it hasn't been updated in over 4 years, but I NEED MORE!

Very in-character, though Susan seems a little too soft, too fast. Though I can't wait for her confrontation with Lochley... *grin*
Indygodusk chapter 6 . 4/14/2006
This was awesome! I absolutely adored it. Thank you!
Belladonna Kyle chapter 6 . 1/22/2006
loving the story very well wriiten and good lengths i can tell u i like this verson much better than the original how dare they kill marcus. oh well keep up the great writting and update soon plz
Hikari-Kayko chapter 6 . 8/1/2005
yea! that was great! more pleaz! _

~HIKARi
Nhorse chapter 6 . 5/9/2005
This is one of the few stories I've encountered that plausibly brings Marcus 'back to life' Ivanvoa through me off for a bit when she was so open with her love, but after thought it makes sense; she's stubborn and once she decides what she wants she takes it, and heaven forbid anyone get in her way. Marcus/Susan have always been my favorite pairing and it's a treat to read such a well-written story about them. I do hope you continue this.
Jen chapter 6 . 3/22/2005
I love this story. Is there any more to it? It's been a few years since you updated. I just recently discovered Babylon 5 and really like Marcus. Glad to see you let him live. Keep up the good work and please let me know if you have more to this story.
Fondued Jicama chapter 6 . 8/18/2004
I've been sifting slowly through the B5 fics- there certainly aren't as many as in LotR (Heaven forbid- with the quality of most of *those,* it almost makes me happy to have smaller fandoms). This is one of the better MS fics I've read, and I'll tell you the reasons:

1.) They don't get soppy. Or at least not very; sometimes I think there were situations where a normal person would have felt...strange. Those were few and not glaring, however.

2.) It has an interesting hero in Sinclair.

3.) You attempt to deal with the growing- 'courtship' of Susan and Marcus, for lack of a better word. You don't take things too fast.

I think you could improve it by throwing in some other emotions in there- not BIG ones, (ie, former-dog-owner's brother returning and fighting over Susan) but stuff like confusion, curiosity, etc. They seem to be a very happy and jolly couple, without some of the depth that seriously conplicated people and relationships should have. Sure, Susan doesn't agree over some points with Marcus, before she concedes. But how does she feel about that? Does she feel angry at some things he says, touched by the flame of pride- that gradually turns into grudging acceptance? As in, 'No! You're wrong!' and then, very soon after, 'Okay, maybe you're right.'? You should make sure we know what she feels and he feels, especially in regards to eachother, at every step of the story. You would do well not to expect that your audience simply sees/knows these things- in most cases, in fact, it's better if you tell it. It not only makes it easier to follow, but it helps a person understand their 'chemistry.' *Hits self over the head for the use of that term* I really hate that word.

Some examples of how this could be achieved:

Does he wonder what brought about her change? Does she sometimes stop, amazed by some trait of his not revealed by him before?

Are you (the author) going to drop *subtle* hints as to WHO is going to propose- or will there not be one? Does one want kids, and not the other? And the big one: How did Marcus become such a phenomenal kisser? _~ Okay, now I'm being silly.

I also have this nagging feeling like Garibaldi wouldn't have said as much as he did- that he might not have said anything at all. I really liked Marcus in that scene, though- it had weight.

I'm prattling on and on, like I tend to do in reviews. A person would think I didn't have a life. I stumbled across your website a while ago, and saw your B5 alias- so, when I came around here and saw some of your stories, I went, 'oh. Someone I know- or at least feel like I do.' And that's part of why I'm reviewing, and the other part is that I *really do like this story.* I love how it portrays these characters. You're welcome to finish it before I graduate, you know. *Grins*
SHAWN PROVONCHA chapter 6 . 6/9/2004
I REALY LIKE YOUR STORY SO PLEASE FINISH IT.