Reviews for The Gentle Ghosts
librarywitch chapter 1 . 7/2
Neat. I like it very much. Well done.
FruitBarrel chapter 1 . 6/29
SO SWEEEEEEET
Weaselle7 chapter 1 . 4/4
Wow. Just wow. This is beautiful! Your first attempt with second person point of view? Well done, you have done it so beautifully! It might just be the clueless me, but I had never thought Sherlock can be written in a supernatural genre and look how wrong I'd been. This is a very haunting yet beautiful writing, there is something sentimental in the way you write it that it feels like I'm being read a folktale/fairytale. Well done!
Happy Monkey chapter 1 . 2/10
Wow. Loved it, so fun and slightly rediculous. Please, write more. I guess that probably wouldn't work out, but I loved it.
larasgee chapter 1 . 7/15/2014
why the fuck am i crying right now
you write angst/hurt-comfort/tragedy perfectly
aww i am sorry if your email is full of me. i really like to re-read, so i will favorite all beautiful stories
yours are beautiful

sherlock/john is love
have a nice day!
TheYumeTsumetai chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
I wanted to cry so much but I couldn't.
pyxiestix chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
Depressingly, hauntingly (pun intended), beautiful. This made my heart ache.
PockySnowshadow chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
Absolutely awesome! Death fics make me sad, but this was so poetic!
Rose O' Sharon chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
This. Is. BEAUTIFUL!

Usually, I don't like the "You" kinds of stories, but this one, as I know you meant it to, touched my heart.

Your verbal cues, and the imagery that came after are absolutely perfect, while the setting and the characterization are amazing.

Thank you for writing this wonderful story. :D
lucyjoan chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
Okay. I'm crying.

I love you. I really, truly love you. This story is so beautiful I honestly don't even know what to do
Progenitus chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
I love a good story (not self-insertion) in second person! I've heard that this PoV detaches the reader, but I've found that in my experience, it's the opposite. The vagueness of the 'you' is good, because the story isn't about whoever stumbles in, is it?

The setup has the vague folklore feel, the intruder can only come in with the spoken, explicit consent of the owner. I'm not sure if you meant for it be this way, but the climax (the banishing of Moriarty) feels anticlimactic (mostly due to the short length, I think).

I really really enjoyed this though! It's one of the rare pieces where death doesn't feel painful!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Awwwwww...
MysteriousPerson chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
Wow... that was... strangely chilling... and beautiful somehow.
Harriverse chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
Interesting concept.
WindyWords123 chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
This is a really cool style. Beyond the incredibly interesting premise and the wonderful story itself, this style is just... soft, somehow? I don't know how to properly describe it, but I really, really like it.