Reviews for Celandines
The Light's Refrain chapter 10 . 4/24/2012
Oh yeah, I meant to read this like three months ago ;_. Anyway...

Nice chapter. Wonder what happened to Rhyme's arm and why it's Josh's fault. Something to be revealed later, I suppose. I also laughed at Josh's squeamishness about blood. The birthday thing was creepy. I wonder if Josh has always thought about it that way, or just since he died.

I see, so this is a side project. I know how those are. Work on it when you have the time/will to do so. I look forward to the next chapter whenever it comes. :)
Faux Promises chapter 3 . 3/6/2012
Man, I haven't been in this section forever. The one I have been in, however, is overpopulated by loonies so it was a nice change to go to a more normal one and check out what's happening.

This pairing never ceases to amuse me. I'm usually not interested in relationships that aren't really established by canon, but this one just works for some reason. We didn't get to know Rhyme in-game as much as we should have, and it's fun to read different people's takes on her. I always liked how you write the characters, though, so that's not changed.

Anyway I wanted to read this whole thing in one sitting (how did I not notice this when it was posted in October...? I thought I'd checked here since then), but I gotta finish homework so I'll stick a bookmark in for later. ;)

Best wishes,

AnHeiressofaSOLDIER chapter 10 . 3/5/2012
I really should have reviewed this long ago. I really have no excuse for waiting this long. But this is my favorite chapter, I think.

Like, Joshua and Neku's squabbling was hilarious. As I was reading it, I was hoping you'd have Josh grill Neku for saying "cowboy". I'm so glad you did! Of course, you made it so much more epic and funny than anything I could have imagined.

Huh. It's weird to review one of your stories with TWEWY characters. It feels odd talking about Joshua and Rhyme instead of Ven and Nami. LOL. I almost feel like I'm talking to the wrong person. Anyway...

You've made me ship Joshua and Rhyme more. Especially your Joshua and Rhyme since everyone writes them differently. I don't know why, but they're reminding me of Rumbelle in this chapter. It makes what's going on in the present all the more sad. They're so sweet and heart breaking!

Oh! Did you see Belle on OUaT last night? OMG!

Ahem, I really liked the line, "My brief flicker of real human emotion has passed." It was really poetic, and meaningful. It reminded me of the Josh I wrote for you in "The Essence of Life". Oh, Joshua!

And I'm not even going to attemt to guess what's going on. LOL. Like, I have an idea, but we'll see. Though I bet Joshua, though seeming the antagonist, was probably right in all he's done. I actually believe he is kind and compassionate (kind of). In canon, too. He just talks in circles, is manipulative, and likes to drive people insane?

And even though Joshua wasn't bothered by blood in this, this chapter reminds me of Rhyme Over Reason where he was. Oh that story! Hard to believe that that one story by Saro started all Joshyme. So it's nice this unintentionally reminds me of it. LOL.

How did I know Joshua was going to look at birthdays that way? LOL. I was waiting for him to say something like that. It's so IC. In some ways, I view birthdays the same way, honestly.

And don't feel weird about the keys and watches. I like them, too. LOL. I was just watching a Hermione tribute to Skyscraper, and was straining my eyes just to see the Time Turner in a fast paced part. Yeah, I'm a freak.

And I'm sorry this review sucks. Maybe it'll be better next time? I need to re-read all these chapters, I know I'm forgetting stuff. I think the chapter I remember most is when Shiki was afraid of that horror movie. That just cracked me up for some reason. That's like me when my friends force me to watch them...

This story is amazingly written as always, you've made the pairing even more beautiful, the plot is engaging... this story really has it all. Update soon! I'm really enjoying this.

Love you.

P.S. I replied to you on YouTube in case you didn't see that.
Can You Guess chapter 1 . 2/27/2012

No idea what I'm doing here again, but I just wanted to pop in and say...

Hiya, Dani-chan. It's been a while, hasn't it? I still think about you and pray for you all the time. Hope things are going well for you.

The Light's Refrain chapter 9 . 1/30/2012
Heh, an interesting little chapter. I laughed at the old jukebox. Makes me think of how there are people who collected the weirdest things just because they're rare/old. Like ad signs, or millstones. Also, something tells me that drive was left there on purpose _.

Mr. H's dialogue was kind of off. I can see him talking different just to stay in touch with the new kids...and kinda failing. But I don't see him casually cursing. Seriously cursing, yes. Casually, no.

Beat's dialogue felt off too. Now, you totally nailed his actual game speech, long's it been again? Beat would be a young adult by now wouldn't he? He'd have to correct his speech somewhat to fit into the adult world. Unless this is something you plan to explain later...not much has been said about Beat's state in all of this yet.

The Light's Refrain chapter 8 . 1/30/2012
Oh yeeeaaaah, I've been meaning to read this story XD

Anyway, I'm surprised the bar didn't try to kick Joshua out. Considering he's "under-aged" and all. Not that it wuld have been much trouble for Joshua to sneak or teleport or incinerate his way back in, but still...

I like Ryuu XD. Somehow I can see him and Mr. Doi being friends.

aestheticisms chapter 9 . 1/29/2012
dear dani

i am dying as i wrap up your gift with apologies for not having it up yesterday

Now, onto the actual story. I will make my comments about Ryuu in the review for chapter eight. As for this one, OH SNAP PLOT BOMB!

Except I was totally right about it, hahah. I love this, so much. The jukebox is my favorite thing in the world, and Mr. H is a fabulous man. The New York Game huh? Oooooooooh. Do like, do like. Angie is amused and pleased by the turn of events.

Did I mention I adore Rhyme's character? Yes? Good.

Now I will poof away, okay? Wheeeeee!
The Light's Refrain chapter 7 . 1/12/2012
Alright, from what I gathered this is the story so far:

Five years ago, Joshua made a secret deal with Neku, who consented to having himself killed and becoming a Reaper. His friends, outraged at Neku's death and Joshua lack of explanation, soon fell apart and went to different places. Shiki went with Eri to America, Rhyme went to Europe, and what Beat did is currently unknown. Now Rhyme has come back to Shbuya, only to have Josh show up and offer to make the same secret deal with her.

The voice on the phone was probably Neku, who is apparently still working for Joshua. I would guess that the secret deal has something to do with being the Conductor, or possibly dealing with Minamimoto/Taboo Noise. Hence why not any Reaper can do the job.

This is very intriguing so far. You do a great job with details, painting a clear picture without it getting boring.

aestheticisms chapter 7 . 12/4/2011
Welp. Neku being confirmed dead was a thing, so that's cool. Bluh bluh, this is depressing. Shiki and Eri moving off to America is an interesting thing, however, because I'm sure they're super fantastic and popular. /:

But Joshua is the best manipulative prick on the planet earth, cripes. Interesting bit of past-shadowing, in chapter six, about the thing Joshua wanted Rhyme to know.

It's kind of like Rumpelstiltskin, in a way. Kind of. Maybe.

I'm blabbering now~ this is lovely.
aestheticisms chapter 6 . 12/4/2011
Can this be my favorite chapter until the one with the stuff you showed me pops up? Because I love the dialogue between Rhyme and Joshua, and Joshua and Neku. It's perfect, perfect, perfect.

I would put more substance into these reviews, but I already liveblog them with you on MSN...soooo...oops. xD
WaterAngel-Alyssa chapter 6 . 12/3/2011
Good chapter. The number one thing I have to admire is Rhyme and how she doesn't immediately submit to Joshua. in most cliche fanfictions, the girls do that and I'm glad to see that Rhyme does not.

I'm assuming the person on the phone was Neku. It sounds like him.

Anyway, looking forward to your next chapter!
aestheticisms chapter 1 . 11/1/2011

I don't know what it would be, but it would be a super awesome award. Just for existing? Yeah, that would be your trophy title.

I am blabbering. MOVING ON.

I love love love love this. I don't know why I am so attached to this story. I think it's because a) it's for me!, and b) I love the nonlinear fashion it's being presented in. I, for one, ADORE stories that aren't chronological. I just think that nonlinear stories have a lot more depth (someone's going to kill me for say this but whatever), and it allows for your mind to go absolutely everywhere, and not be bound to a certain plotline, or story arc. Which is why this is lots of lovelyness.

I love Rhyme's character in this, alksdjfals;kdjff. She's so adorable, but she's not just this naive, little girl. She's grown up, and she's riding scooters in Europe, and overall, being a bamf who comes back to Shibuya only to deal with Sir Crazy Kiryu, who's like, heeeeeey sweet thang, and she's like LOL NO LEAVE.

It's great. I love the contrast between them, hahahaha~

And now I really want moarrrrrrrr. I mean, aslkdjfalsjdf the bit in Wildkat in chapter two was really nice, too, because of the rising tensions, and I'm just filling in the blanks and laskjflaskjdf CHAPTER THREE WITH SHIKI AND NEKU

So, here's my wild mass guessing, which I'm sure is canon, because I've written about it before. Joshua is obviously screwing around with Neku, probably dragging him into UG affairs that he really wants to stay out of, but he can't because he's Neku, and he's Joshua's favorite and best pawn. ;_; Shiki's pretty much fed up with it, because she's always left behind, and it doesn't matter because in the end, she's the one left to pick up the pieces, and Neku's being a butt and not helping, and Joshua is the typical asshat, ansdflkasjldfjals;dfj

Okay, I need to stop keyboard smashing.

I love youuuuuuuuuuu~ and you are the bestest human being ever. YAY DANI CHAN!
WaterAngel-Alyssa chapter 3 . 11/1/2011
Uh, I have to admit that I'm a little confused to what the plot is XD but that only makes me hungry for more. So...write more, okay? :3
The Genius Mage chapter 3 . 11/1/2011
I have no idea what's going on. It's chaotic and sorta like parts of a timeline but I LOVE IT. I have a feeling it's all going to make perfect sense at some point and it will be glorious! GLORIOUS. Please keep at it Dani~