Reviews for Murdering Monsters
Sammyscougar chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
Great Tag... Much better than what we got to see on the show... You should be hired to take over the show's writing because who they have suck...
Marianna Morgan chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
"...eyes flaring with so much anger all he saw was red." - Oooo...I like that!

"...trying to let the crisp harbor breeze numb the ache that he was stuffed full of." - Oh, man...I like this, too!

"Sam concentrated hard on nothing more than the screams of seagulls fighting over food, the whistle of the wind, the slapping of water against the supports of the pier, and the rhythmic snapping of Old Glory strung up a nearby flagpole." - Holy crap. It's like I'm THERE. Excellent description.

"There were too many thoughts floating inside his brain." - I know that feeling! ;)

"...whitewater caps peaking like meringue out of the bay." - Dude, you're on a roll with these!

"...knowing exactly whose feet were headed his way..." - Of course Sam would know the sound of Dean's footsteps. Love that.

I like the idea that John might have taken Dean fishing and given the Zen-like advice of "be the fish." LOL

Love when the boys finally have their confrontation...good stuff. And I love this description of what Dean did because it's so simple and yet so true: "He'd acted within his nature."

"It was a bitter pill to swallow - the truth always was." - Yes...excellent!

"Dean had done what Dean always did, protect him." - GUH.

"Sam gave a weak smile. 'When my brother asks me to trust him, that's what I do.' / Dean gave a small smile in return and patted Sam's stomach. 'Ditto.'" - Awww! Loove it! Such a great ending! :)
carocali chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
This was very nice and I really liked the "to understand a monster, you have to be a monster" comment. Your logic makes perfect sense.

Someday I'll get caught up on all the fic but this was a nice transition!

Thanks!

:D
Giacinta2 chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
Love this tag.

Dean knows without a doubt that Amy will kill again to protect/ nourish her son, because that's exactly what Dean would do for his "son/brother" Sammy.

Dean would have no qualms in doing anything to keep Sam alive even murder, and he recognized the a kindred spirit in Amy.

Sam finds this difficult to accept as he has always been the one who posed the moral problems about whether all monsters are evil, or if sometimes there could be mitigating circumstances.

After all Amy killed her own mother to save teen Sam, a person she had just met.

If she had really been so evil, she would have killed Sam and not her mother!

It's a difficult dilemma, are all monsters bad? Remember the vampiress.

I wouldn't know myself.

The only thing I do have a problem with is why Dean left the child alive.

If Dean's theory is correct, someone will die in the future because of that young monster.

Who is going to look after the child now?

Who is going to procure the brains for him as he is growing up?

If he had left Amy alive to keep procuring dead brains to eat for her son would it have been better or worse? Who knows?
Sparkiebunny chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
Finally, I get a second to read this! Yay! Your stuff is always the bright spot of my day, and this was no exception. Beautiful work, and SO satisfying.

Fave parts:

"All he wanted to do was pummel Dean and that scared him, scared him so badly he had to run." ...Yes, exactly! Sam runs because he's afraid of those feelings of anger towards Dean. He hates feeling that way and it scares him. You expressed this perfectly!

"...damn his head felt like the polished silver ball inside a pinball game, the plastic flippers beating against the sides of his temples, rocketing him from one bumper to another." ...wow, what a metaphor (well, technicallly simile) to use. Loved it!

...The entire "a killer knows a killer" sequence was breathtaking and heartwrenching, so true yet so hard to read and absorb...

"When my brother asks me to trust him, that's what I do." ...GUH. That...that is my absolute favorite line, the be all end all of this fic and their relationship and ALL of it! Struck my heart in such a beautiful way, thank you.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next! :)
zekeschance chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
That was such a sad moment. Could feel each boy's pain and aguish. I really liked your version. I hope they don't drag their rift too long this season. Thanks so much.
hotshow chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
I thought this story was very good. Thank you.
Visionairy chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
I'm so glad you did do this tag. I loved it! It was one of the very best tags I've read for this episode! You really got inside there heads. I particularly liked the way Dean just sat next to Sam and fished. (So true to Dean ... and his odd dreams.)

And it was great to allow 'Sam' to vent in his head: With every reel and every cast, Sam's anger grew. The truth of what Dean had done was scrambling his insides, making him want to vomit. Did nothing Sam say to Dean mean anything? Did everything that came out of his mouth go unheard? What was this all for? This life, it was all so stupid. What did it mean? Who could he trust? Who could trust him? Who could he love? Who could he believe? Sam's confusion ranted on until he could stand it no more and he clambered to his feet.

"Why, Dean?" he burst out, glaring down fiercely at his fishing brother.

"About time you were ready."

That was just great! PLEASE write a tag whenever you feel the inspiration - they are wonderful to read. Thanks so much!
BranchSuper chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
Good story.
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
Loved it! Dean comparing himself to Amy, telling Sam he needed to kill her because he knew she was going to kill again, because he is like her. He did and is still doing everything to protect Sam. Great take on this and I wish the show would go there. Hugs, Vonnie
jensensgirl3 chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
I like this hope this happens on the show...I want Dean and Sammy back together again like they should be. Sam will always trust his older brother, just like Dean would trust his Sammy.
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
Awesome story Karen. Ya know, the whole time Dean was talking to Sammy about the fact that Amy would kill again, that she would do anything to protect and take care of her son...I kept thinking, that's exactly what Dean was doing for Sam. He knew Sammy wouldn't be abkle to kill Amy, and that he would eventually blame himswelf when Amy did start killing agian, so Dean did what he had to do to protect 'his child.' That's the way I see it anyway.

Thanks for such a wonderful story my friend.
Jane88 chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
I hope your muse keeps kicking your ass cause I always love your tags. :) I'm just picturing Dean sitting on the pier, whistling and fishing - priceless! Great little piece and very believable. Sam has all the right to be angry. Loved how emotional Dean was here, how hard it was for him to kill Amy and lie to Sam about it. I'm glad Sam got it, just hope he'll understand it on the show too. Don't like the boys clashing at all. Aawh, I'm feeling much better now. :) Thanks Karen!
cold kagome chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
wow,,, soo happy that they not mad no more...
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
A very believable tag to 7:06. Sam wouldn't let go of his anger quickly and Dean would have to wait it out until he wanted to talk. And sincerely hope that Sam gets why Dean killed Amy in the show as the probability is that she would have killed again. I do get why Sam couldn't kill her though, as killing Madison, if though it was her wish, affected him badly. Just hope they have the boys back on the same page quickly in 7:07 they need to be united and together with the leviathan threat and Bobby doesn't need the aggro either!

Great job :)