Reviews for Rise or Fall
BlueMetalXavier chapter 221 . 23h
Amazing chapter! Can't wait for more!
And for advice
There is tide in the affairs of men which taken at the flood leads onto fortune, Omitted, all the voyage of life is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat. And we must take the current when it serves us or lose our ventures - Julius Ceaser - William Shakespeare

No matter where life takes you never be afraid to take the opportunities that are presented in front of you, you never know what may happen
missmarvelgirl chapter 221 . 8/25
This is great
Aveoni chapter 221 . 8/24
Great last chapters as always! I especially loved the Erik-Maya interactions, as well as Leon and Melissa. I really hope something will blossom between them. It was nice to see some of the acolytes as well as the Alex-Frank brotherly advise interaction. It was very sweet. I really hope Maya's powers won't leave her. She has so much potential and it's something of Tricie that is always with her.

Do not burden yourself with thoughts of anyone leaving this story because the updates will become more rare. Even if you posted a chapter per year we'd all be here to read it.

On college, the advise i'd give you comes from my personal experiences. Do not get overanxious. Seriously. With a bit of daily effort you'll manage every course rather easily. And even those beasty ones will be conquered with a bit of extra effort and a lot of coffee. My moto was to not procrastinate. Do some daily studying and make sure you go to as many lectures as you can. The first few and the last few are the most important for judging what the profezsors will be like and what you should expect for finals. If you keep contact with lectures and study a little every day, you shouldn't have any troubles at all. Remember we are not all Franks or Hanks or Charles' and that's more than ok. But also be open to the possibility you might be like those guys even if you never knew it before, and if so give it all you got.
Remember to make friends and have fun. College is not all about studying, it's learning life and socializing and getting better from the inside out. And always know we are all right here, ready to listen and quite possibly help. Something for your poster: A determined mind A strong will Endless Possibilities!
Great chapter! I think that Frank and Scott are old enough to start that brother relationship with the younger ones. Especially Frank. He's proved that he is responsible enough in my opinion. Sometime soon, maybe he'll have to spank Trav?
FemaleAlphaWolf chapter 221 . 8/23
Good chapter! I'm glad that Frank is looking out for Collin, he needs it, and even though I think Mondo is being a bit of a jerk right now...he could be right. I've got a bad feeling about all this.

So, collage:) just try not to get overwhelmed, make sure you get lots of sleep and make time to relax from studying once in awhile. Too much can be harmful. If you feel stressed you might try listening to music, that's kinda my thing whenever I'm stressed. I'm actually thinking about going to collage myself... I've never been and I think it could open up more doors for jobs, right now I'm working for my dad but I really don't want to do that for the rest of my life. Good luck!
ullswater chapter 221 . 8/23
Hey I wish you all the best for your return to school, maybe the key is to be as positive about your schooling as you are about your story. You have talent for writing so composition in general should be a cake walk!

Now with regards to the story, what is going on with Collin and Mondo? And why does Collin feel so unwanted at home? Maybe Estevan needs to be reminded that he's not just Fabian and Anne father if he is guardian to the others then they need to feel wanted there and not just for their mutant skills.
GuestGuest chapter 221 . 8/23
Believe and you will achieve. Know that there is something inside you greater than any obstacle you may face. The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra effort.
keydazy chapter 221 . 8/22
God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7
blackangel150 chapter 221 . 8/23
Wonder what that is
whysowhelmed chapter 221 . 8/23
First, a review: This chapter, like others, hits hard emotionally, especially for those who have ties to siblings or close friends/family they refuse to be separated from. I believe you do a wonderful job of portraying all of those ties throughout your story. In spite of the fact that I never really get close to OCs, you've created a story full of them that I cannot help but love. Frank, I admit, is my favorite, followed by Leon and Maya. They're all so wonderfully fleshed out, and I can never wait to read more about that.

In a somewhat related note about waiting more, please do not feel stressed about posting chapters on a timeline now that there are more strains on your schedule. Going back to school is an amazing accomplishment in and of itself. I know you're concerned. In spite of you saying as much, it's a natural response.

Look, I know I'm probably not part of the family you mention and the weight of my words may not matter much in the grand scheme of things, but I do know that you have enough in you to at least tackle this semester. Then this year. Then this degree. First, focus on tomorrow. You have already proven to hundreds, if not thousands, of people that you have enough intelligence you write. I'm always thrilled with your chapters because I know that, not only am I going to get great character development, but I'm going to get quality grammar and punctuation. That's nothing to sneeze at.

On your first day, pretend Charles or Erik are there with you. Whatever it takes to get you through your first hurdle. Then do it again. Because, you can do it again. You will do it again. And you'll excel.

I wish you the best of luck and hope this helped. Happy Monday. And happy semester.
supreme queen1106 chapter 221 . 8/23
Glad to see more of Collin and his brother. I love the relationship that they have, and Collin's desire for them to stay together is touching. I have to be honest though, Mondo does act like a bit of a prick. I mean, even if Collin were taking drugs, what difference would it make? It wouldn't change the fact that he's a nice guy (also, I have trouble recalling just what he did that pissed Mondo off in the first place- the fact that he was a bad student, perhaps?). I mean, just cause you take drugs, doesn't mean you're a retarded loser or anything like that. Anyway, nice chapter (although I would like to see a bit more of Cordelia and Fabian~).
Now, onto that pep talk...
I can't say much about college, as I've never been (just starting high school, to be honest), but I do have some inkling as to how stressful it is to return to school (even if, in your particular case, you haven't been in school for years). All I really know about college is that you'll need coffee.
And lots of it.
Now, while it is natural to be stressed about returning to college, I'm certain that there's no reason to feel overly anxious about your return. Think of it as an opportunity, one that will, in the long run, grant you numerous and more rewarding paths to take as you pursue in your chosen career. Think of it as another chance, one that will enable you to do what you choose to the best of your capabilities. Try and forget waking up early in the mornings to spend gruelling hours in college, because if you really try, if you really want to succeed, then there is nothing that can stand in your way. Hopefully everything will turn out as planned, and remember, if all else fails (worst case scenario), then you'll always have your fam to depend on.
We're all here for you.
You are our Heiress, after all :)
PS.- I know I suck at pep talks, but I hope you got the gist of it ;)
TrintySeeker chapter 221 . 8/23
It's just school...remember if you don't learn it all today, there is always tomorrow yo keep learning...i believe in you and we all know you can pass comp...with Magnet~o colors (lol)...wonderful update, always not enough Erik :) ...good luck with school
sct.pepper65 chapter 221 . 8/22
It is a really great story and I enjoy reading it but I just wish that you had included Pietro and Wanda Maximoff/ quicksilver and the scarlet witch and Erik's children
annoyed chapter 89 . 8/17
This started well. But there are too many characters now
supreme queen1106 chapter 220 . 8/15
This was a lovely chapter :3. I hope Hank's correct about the mutation transference- things seem too... unfamiliar now that Maya has powers. That said, I did like the training sessions and the interaction between Maya and Erik- something I'm not sure has ever happened before on such a personal level. So that was new, and very enjoyable.
As for the favourite colours thing...
Charles- Light blue
Erik- Dark red
Raven- Dark blue
Hank- Raven blue (lel)
Leon- Black
Alex- Ocean blue (cause he's a surfer and I love surfer stereotypes xD)
Sean- Light green
Maya- Mossy green
Cordelia- Yellow. Definitely yellow.
Emma- Er... white? xD
Victor- Brown
Logan- Dark brown
Cody- Yellowish-brown
Kayla- Cream
Frank- The three colours of the Spangled Banner
Scott- Red (I was conflicted between red or blue, but instead opted for red, which given my previous answers, is the more original choice... also, red shades!)
Becky- Pink
Trav- Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuue~
Kiki- Light pink
Angel- Stripey orange (should such a colour not exist, then... orange)
... Did I miss anyone? xD. I think I got them all down.
And as much as I'm bummed out by the future lack of updates, it is also your future that needs to be put into consideration, and if you're going to college, then I wish you all the best and truly hope you succeed in all your future endeavours!
Looking forward to the next update~
1,974 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »