Reviews for The Night Man
Captain Quirky chapter 1 . 5/29/2014
This is really, REALLY amazing. You're fantastic at narration and emotion, and this really made me feel things for poor Charlie. :-(
ellayyennayy chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
This is horrifically good. It's very well written and a really good story, but it's so sad. I want to read more, but the ending was perfect.
Engel Brutanana chapter 1 . 9/5/2013
So hot of my childhood. Please write more?
Ranchdressing chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
While I don't watch IASIP a lot, what I DO watch made me think that there was an underlining trauma to Charlie. Then I watched the episode "Charlie Got Molested".
Digiboy-Stew chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
Off the bat, I gotta give you props for deciphering every single word in the Night Man song lyrics, considering that Charlie sings them in a bad Bob Dylan wannabe voice, lol.

Reading this story was a... I dunno how to put this. It was like a strange experience. I'm saying as such because my feelings kept on flipping from humor to heartache in instantanious fashion. I'd read a sentence that would have me smiling and inwardly chuckling because it would remind me of a funny moment or episode in the show, and then the next line would have me feeling downtrodden and sympathetic due to how thoroughly tramatized Charlie is in the story. It was like an emotional pancake that the story just kept flipping in the frying pan. I dunno. It's like nothing I've ever experienced while reading any other piece of fanfiction.

Yes, Charlie's was OOC in this story. No doubt about it. Actually, I found him to be very OOC (perhaps another aspect which made the story seem strange). However, the story's inclusion of tidbits lifted directly from the show (eating dogfood and huffing glue to fall asleep amongst the nightly meowing of cats, consistently failing with the Waitress, the "King of Rats" title which he holds...) keeps everything grounded in the familiar ASIP world, well enough.

Pertaining to the rating: Even though the subject of Charlie's childhood victimization doesn't go into any extremely explicit detail, I DO think that it would be wise to MODIFY THE RATING from T to M. Writing about how Charlie got screwed (a nicer word than the one you used) until he bled, and how his body would go limp after being "filled up" (pretty obvious what that's alluding to) by the Nightman is more than enough to warrent a M rating, in my opinion. Not that I, myself care whether it has a rating of T or M, but for your sake, it would be better to give the story a rating which you can be sure will not get you kicked off (due to somebody being insensed that the story contains material that could be deemed as being more inappropriate than what its rating implies). When considering what a story's rating should be, it's always better to choose the higher rating, thus preventing the potential for trouble ever taking place.