Reviews for The Last One Standing
Jeanny chapter 5 . 12/8/2011
Looking forward to reading more of this - your John really is a bastard lol. One little quibble, was the breathing tube an oxygen mask maybe? I don't think that scene works (or that the hospital would release him so quickly for that matter) if he was intubated. No big though, bring on the angst as I'm sure there's a lot more coming!
judyann chapter 5 . 12/7/2011
I am assuming this is the way you meant it but god John is an ass! I can't believe that! Great chapter though totally enjoyed it!
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 5 . 12/7/2011
Come on, Dean! Don't let that dickhead talk to Sammy that way!
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 5 . 12/7/2011
You shattered my soul. Truly.

I'm going to be a pain and tell you all the negative things first: I quietly imagined that Dean and Sam's conversation took place a few days after he woke up, because it's completely impossible to speak with a breathing tube in your mouth, so I just decided to imagine a time gap. Also, I imagined that two weeks had passed instead of five days before Sam left the hospital. It would still be a short time, but for the lung injuries to not cause immediate death, you'd need that time. Also, the phonetic spelling you have for 'idiot' is something I usually associate with Bobby Singer; I think Dean doesn't need any special spelling as he says it more or less as anyone else would. And finally, in the line following "Are you saying you were attacked by a black dog?" he demanded coldly", I would put Sam's response in a fresh paragraph, for clarity.

That aside... ***Whoa!*** I can't believe how much of a bastard John is in this. And the mother - way to pile on the angst. I could completely believe Sam killing himjself after this, but the urge to atone - I like that word in his consciousness - is the action of someone who is extremely strong. Still, I must admit I can't wait to see Dean defending him and giving him the reassurance he so desperately needs.
BranchSuper chapter 5 . 12/7/2011
Sam is hurting physically and mentally, and he's getting it from all sides: Mike's mom who wished her son had lived and Sam had died, and his own father, who blames him for the whole debacle, and his own self-blame and survivor guilt. So not good.
Ghostwriter chapter 5 . 12/7/2011
Something tells me that Bobby or Dean's gonna be wantin' to kill John before this fic's over. Great job. Keep it up. Catch ya on the flip side.
SylverSpyder chapter 5 . 12/7/2011
I'm so glad for the new chapter. Thanks for posting it. I really love this story so far. It is brilliantly written and executed.
BerryTrekking chapter 5 . 12/7/2011
John... *facepalm* what an idiot! Poor Sammy, he isn't doing to well! Can't wait for more! :)
sarah chapter 5 . 12/7/2011
i have been waiting like crazy for this update.

amazing chapter for real, John is a real jerk here but i like it.

can't wait for more
kiwimoonelmo chapter 5 . 12/7/2011
Excellent chapter dude.I love it.I can just imagine John being like this,all gung ho and not giving a rats ass about reminds me of my ex-husband,"once a dick,always a dick!"More
CeCe Away chapter 5 . 12/7/2011
John is really, um, not cool.
BranchSuper chapter 4 . 12/6/2011
Oh, Sam... John, Dean, answer that phone!
Guest chapter 4 . 12/4/2011
I love this story! I look forward to every new chapter!
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 4 . 12/1/2011
Not to worry about posting issues - it happens to everyone!

"Oh but it is," Mike said softly. "You think you can just do what you like without getting punished?" And then John Winchester was standing beside him, his face grim and cold and filled with hatred and scorn. "You disobeyed me, Sam," he said simply. "You betrayed your family. You chose to leave us behind. You think that won't have consequences? It's just too bad your friends got in the way of your bad luck, your screwups, your punishment. Sad, really." And he turned and walked away into the darkness, leaving Sam standing there, voicelessly shouting his name into the void."

Awwwww. Truly. And, OMG, JOhn not letting Dean answer? Great touch! I LOVE Bastard!John, as you know, and this is wonderfully irresponsible. While your Sam's letting his father and brother worry is understandable for someone so young and especially being treated so unfairly all the time, John's behaviour is inexcusable, his young son is out camping and could genuinely be calling for help. Ohhh, Bastard!John. I love it. And that paramedic's pov, I loved it.

I must say, though, it hurts like anything to wait between chapters. I'm hoping for the willpower to stop myself, so I can read a few chapters at a time.

oh, btw, i think you have a typo: you probably mean, "How he had scraped past death **with**inches to spare and even now teetered on the brink of the abyss." Nice line, btw, and also, Sam's semi-conscious POV, with the flashing lights and dream and reality intermingling (and we know it's a dream because you drew Mike so well as a character, with the crucifix and his final moments with sending his love to his mother, that we KNOW he could never become a demon or an evil spectre) is just wonderful to read, I'm right in there with him. You're so good it's unfair! :)

*hug*
casammy chapter 4 . 12/1/2011
I want to believe that john must be possessed by a demon to act this way, he is a son of a bitch but sam continues being his baby, and dean, I cannot believe that he listens to john and remains of crossed arms, when there is sam's call to the cellular one of his give, then that I escape, it is for that slightly this very badly and it is not possible that the radar of big bro of dean does not put to work
152 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »